Goodbye Jesus

Were Adam And Eve Homo Habilis, Homo Sapiens Or What?

Major Tom

Two poll questions for the edification of some and amusement of others: the questions are (1) "Of which species of mankind were Adam and Eve?... " and (2)... (For Christians and non-believers alike) "From among the several human species which were sinners for whom Christ died?"

Homo habilis

According to scientists, the earliest species of man were Homo habilis, skilled people who made stone tools and lived in groups. Their appearance was similar to that of the smaller type of Australopithecine, thought the size of the brain was two times bigger than that of an Australopithecine's.

Homo erectus

A more advanced type of Homo habilis was the Homo erectus or the erect human being. They are believed to have first lived in Africa about one and a half million years ago. This group had a chinless jaw, a large sloping forehead and the size of the brain was bigger than that of the Homo habilis. It is believed that they may been the first form of human beings to wear clothing. They were also probably the first human being to move out of Africa. Scientists base this assumption on the fact that important Homo erectus fossils have been found in Germany, Indonesia and China.

Homo sapiens

A development on the Homo erectus was the Homo sapiens or the wise human being. The oldest known fossils of a type of Homo sapiens dates back to almost three hundred and seventy five thousand years ago. The shape of the Homo sapiens skull was similar to that of modern man and his brain was larger than that of his predecessor.

Modern human beings began to appear on the earth nearly forty thousand years ago. Modern men are classified as Homo sapiens

Many thanks for the above info quoted from http://www.wisedude....istoric_man.htm

And this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve is believed to have lived between 150,000 to 250,000 years BP,

Adam and Eve were homofigment imaginameous.

Two poll questions for the edification of some and amusement of others: the questions are (1) "Of which species of mankind were Adam and Eve?... " and (2)... (For Christians and non-believers alike) "From among the several human species which were sinners for whom Christ died?"

Homo habilis

According to scientists, the earliest species of man were Homo habilis, skilled people who made stone tools and lived in groups. Their appearance was similar to that of the smaller type of Australopithecine, thought the size of the brain was two times bigger than that of an Australopithecine's.

Homo erectus

A more advanced type of Homo habilis was the Homo erectus or the erect human being. They are believed to have first lived in Africa about one and a half million years ago. This group had a chinless jaw, a large sloping forehead and the size of the brain was bigger than that of the Homo habilis. It is believed that they may been the first form of human beings to wear clothing. They were also probably the first human being to move out of Africa. Scientists base this assumption on the fact that important Homo erectus fossils have been found in Germany, Indonesia and China.

Homo sapiens

A development on the Homo erectus was the Homo sapiens or the wise human being. The oldest known fossils of a type of Homo sapiens dates back to almost three hundred and seventy five thousand years ago. The shape of the Homo sapiens skull was similar to that of modern man and his brain was larger than that of his predecessor.

Modern human beings began to appear on the earth nearly forty thousand years ago. Modern men are classified as Homo sapiens

Many thanks for the above info quoted from http://www.wisedude....istoric_man.htm

And this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve is believed to have lived between 150,000 to 250,000 years BP,

Let us not forget that Homo sapiens that is us is "Homo sapiens sapiens."

• Super Moderator

Adam and Eve were homofigment imaginameous.

Says it all!

I think most creationist fundamentalists would say the Adam and Eve were Homo Sapiens and that the other "humans" are just apes that evolutionists have mistakenly categorized as early humans. Other's believe that all the fossils found of Neanderthal, Homo Erectus and others are just misshapen and deformed humans that evolutionists have conspired together to use to prove evolution.

Myself? I too vote for homofigment imaginameous .

I probably shouldn't be saying this, but Adam and Eve were Elder Beings. This is what they looked like:

plantilla_clip_image008.jpg

I voted that Adam and Eve were homo sapiens. The reason being that the mythological characters were supposed to represent modern man, the humans the tellers of the myth would have imagined them as.

I voted for both Christ is a mythological character, and that he died for homo sapiens, for the same reasons. The Bible and its mythological view of God imagined it all centered around modern man. So that's what the story was about.

:)

P.S. However, this Christ died for the earlier forms of man. He was clubbed to death by a Mammoth tusk.

dumb_Neanderthal.jpg

Obviously those other hominds are Satan's work to decieve the faithful.

Guest I Love Dog

I voted that Adam and Eve were homo sapiens. The reason being that the mythological characters were supposed to represent modern man, the humans the tellers of the myth would have imagined them as.

I voted for both Christ is a mythological character, and that he died for homo sapiens, for the same reasons. The Bible and its mythological view of God imagined it all centered around modern man. So that's what the story was about.

:)

P.S. However, this Christ died for the earlier forms of man. He was clubbed to death by a Mammoth tusk.

post-246-125539020163_thumb.jpg

I always ask Christians. In what version of god was man created? Neanterthal or earlier? Was it a version that couldn't talk? Couldn't walk on two legs? Was completely covered in long hair? Couldn't use tools?

If it was the first version of hominid then god must have evolved into something more advanced. Hence "evolution" revolution! To be able to have the voice of god appear in the holey babble then there must have been evolution for god to be able to talk, to communicate, because early humans couldn't do any of those. God would have smelt worse than a polecat amd would have had the manners of a jackass and the habits of a donkey.

Adam and Eve(that can't possibly be their real names), if they were the first humans, were completely covered in long hair, so didn't need to wear fig leaves, their long hair would have covered their genitals. They would have smelt like apes and as there was no anti-perspirant in those days would have said "Yukk", not screwing you, hence Cain and Abel wouldn't have been born. Cain and abel would have looked so bad that they wanted to kill each other, so one of them did.

Fairy stories, ah how my kids love them!

Adam and Eve(that can't possibly be their real names), if they were the first humans, were completely covered in long hair, so didn't need to wear fig leaves, their long hair would have covered their genitals.

By god, I think you're on to something. This sort of coincides with YoYo's topic on Adam and Eve possibly being quadrupedal in the Garden of Eden, and bipedal after the fall. They also were completely covered in hair, which, after they sinned and realized for the first time they were naked, was because the curse made all their hair fall out!

So humans eating one particular variety of fruit in ancient history resulted in: Man walking upright; the loss of body hair; female menstrual cycles, and the cycle of life and death for all animal life forms. I don't know about you, but that sure seems a legitimate alternative explanation of the natural world to teach in science class. Why would it be in the Bible if it wasn't scientific?

Adam and Eve(that can't possibly be their real names), if they were the first humans, were completely covered in long hair, so didn't need to wear fig leaves, their long hair would have covered their genitals.

By god, I think you're on to something. This sort of coincides with YoYo's topic on Adam and Eve possibly being quadrupedal in the Garden of Eden, and bipedal after the fall. They also were completely covered in hair, which, after they sinned and realized for the first time they were naked, was because the curse made all their hair fall out!

So humans eating one particular variety of fruit in ancient history resulted in: Man walking upright; the loss of body hair; female menstrual cycles, and the cycle of life and death for all animal life forms. I don't know about you, but that sure seems a legitimate alternative explanation of the natural world to teach in science class. Why would it be in the Bible if it wasn't scientific?

And don't forget anonther galaxy plummeting on a collision course with ours; comets striking the earth; and asteroids.

One apple lead to ALL that!

I probably shouldn't be saying this, but Adam and Eve were Elder Beings. This is what they looked like:

plantilla_clip_image008.jpg

And don't forget they were from the planet "YoYo".

:HaHa:

Sorry, Abiyoyo...I couldn't help myself.

This sort of coincides with YoYo's topic on Adam and Eve possibly being quadrupedal in the Garden of Eden, and bipedal after the fall. They also were completely covered in hair, which, after they sinned and realized for the first time they were naked, was because the curse made all their hair fall out!

Yes! Good point AM :grin: See, another possibility. :HaHa:

And don't forget they were from the planet "YoYo".

:HaHa:

Sorry, Abiyoyo...I couldn't help myself.

:lol:

Adam and Eve are characters of myth which are incorporated into Christianity, but started out as pagan myth. God and Christ are also myth. God is the explanation behind all that is not understood (or all that was not understood) and Christ is Christianity's personification of that God. According to Christianity (and I think even liberal Christianity would apply here) Christ died for homo sapiens. However, since Christ as the man-God does not really exist, nor did he ever, he died for no one.

I must be a fuddy duddy here, because I answered "myth" to both questions.

I must be a fuddy duddy here, because I answered "myth" to both questions.

Same here.

Of course, the story of Adam & Eve with their children Cain & Abel may have some basis in a real family in which the older son killed the younger son, but they are undoubtedly mythological in the manner in which they are recorded in the Bible.

Similarly, there may be some chance of some deity hiding out there somewhere and there may have been a Jesus guy who is loosely the basis for the Bible stories, but God and Christ are undoubtedly mythological in the manner in which they are recorded in the Bible.

So, for me, it's "myth" all the way....

So, for me, it's "myth" all the way....

Aesop's fables are both based on reality and a representation of general human foibles (as opposed to "fables" tee hee).

Myths of that nature are founded on long standing human experience - and that is why they ring so true be they biblical or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Apes evolved from men. Ever been to a frat party?

• 3 weeks later...

I voted mythological for both questions because in my opinion, whatever else all of these characters may also be, I think they are mythological.

CONFESSION: I read all the other posts before voting. I'm not sure what bias that gives my vote.:scratch:

For me, their mythological meanings are far more interesting than if they are "real" or not. I'd have no issues with Judeo-Christian stories, if it were not for so many people demanding that we all believe them to be actual events.

• 2 years later...

Something wrong with this thread, keeps popping up as recent, it is 2-1/2 years old

Something wrong with this thread, keeps popping up as recent, it is 2-1/2 years old

Each time someone votes in the poll, the thread will be "refreshed" and considered updated by the system. That's why it shows up again and again without anyone posting.

• 2 weeks later...

Who keeps voting on old shit?