Fundamentalist Quote

Thegodthatfailed

"Many rascals deny the existence of God because if there is no God they can continue

their sinful activities. It may be very nice for them to think that there is no God,

but God will not die simply because we deny Him.God is there,and His administration is

there.By His orders the sun is rising,the moon is rising,the water flows,and the ocean

abides by the tide.Thus everything functions under His order.Since everything is going

on very nicely,how can one realistically think that God is dead?If there is mismanagement

,we may say that there is no government,but if there is good management,how can we say

that there is no government?Just because people do not know God,they say that God is dead,

that there is no God,or that God has no form.But we are firmly convinced that there is

God and that Christ is God."

So who do you suppose made the above quote?Billy Graham,maybe?Or Jerry Falwell?

Pat Robertson,perhaps?Anyone? Try Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada,founder of the Hare

Krsna movement.Simply substitute the word Krsna for Christ,you have the actual quote.

Amazing isn't it?It's like they are sharing notes or something.Here we have a quote from

a Hindu Fundy that makes many of the same arguments as the Xians. Just goes to show you

how similar different religions are.

... By His orders the sun is rising,the moon is rising,the water flows,and the ocean abides by the tide.Thus everything functions under His order. ... If there is mismanagement, we may say that there is no government,but if there is good management, how can we say that there is no government?

Hey TGTF, It's good to see another Tarheel here.

I do believe that there is an inherent order to nature, but to my mind this doesn’t imply that I must believe in a law giver. It almost seems to me that some feel compelled to put face on causality, and I don’t entirely know why.

Try Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada,founder of the Hare

Krsna movement.Simply substitute the word Krsna for Christ,you have the actual quote.

Amazing isn't it?It's like they are sharing notes or something.Here we have a quote from

a Hindu Fundy that makes many of the same arguments as the Xians. Just goes to show you

how similar different religions are.

There are similarities between religions. It seems that no matter how different their ideas of God or philosophies are, there is always the baleful specter of religious authority present.

I simply don't buy any person being set up over others and telling them how to think and how to live. I don't believe in priests, masters or gurus.

There are similarities between religions. It seems that no matter how different their ideas of God or philosophies are, there is always the baleful specter of religious authority present.

Exactly.

Of course, when I read the quote, even before getting to the substituted mention of "Christ," I fully expected it to be a christian fundamentalist. But that's largely because I've been exposed to christianity all my life, while having practically no real exposure to Hare Krsna.

Another interesting thing regarding interchangeability between religions is that some muslims have plagiarized some christian creationist literature, omitting bible quotes and christian-specific comments.

... By His orders the sun is rising,the moon is rising,the water flows,and the ocean abides by the tide.Thus everything functions under His order. ... If there is mismanagement, we may say that there is no government,but if there is good management, how can we say that there is no government?

I do believe that there is an inherent order to nature, but to my mind this doesn’t imply that I must believe in a law giver. It almost seems to me that some feel compelled to put face on causality, and I don’t entirely know why.

Likewise Legion,we could use a lot more ex-Christians in NC.

I also believe there is inherent order in nature,and am open to the possibly of

an all-encompassing consciousness or energy,but no god like the religious understanding

of the term.

I simply don't buy any person being set up over others and telling them how to think and how to live. I don't believe in priests, masters or gurus.

Absolutely right,DevaLight. I think that you are your own best "guru".All of the masters

and gurus say this. :HaHa:

But really,listening to others who believe they are superior somehow,does nothing to

answer the most difficult questions in life.It only gives certain individuals a false

aura of power and authority.

Organized religion often reminds me of a retail store where "the customer is always wrong".

Maybe you're seeing I.I.A's where none exist, LR?

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=skeptic-agenticity

Thanks,

BAA.

p.s.

This isn't a dig - as an ex-christian I used to see them all the time!

Charlotte NC right here! :)

Charlotte?! :ugh: My condolences for living in a dump,monkeygirl.

What a self-obsessed,soulless city full of greedy bankers,and fundys.What's not to hate?

(the Panthers suck too, BTW) :grin:

It is the worst city in the Carolinas,IMO.

What a self-obsessed,soulless city full of greedy bankers,and fundys.What's not to hate?

Dump? Worst city in NC? I've been to many medium to large cities and Charlotte is by far one of the cleanest cities I've seen.

Have you been here? Its the only real city in all of NC. Panthers do suck this year, we are always up and down. 12-4 last year.

It is full of greedy bankers but those greedy bankers have the money making for a lot of nice houses and nice areas. Maybe you went to the wrong neighborhood. OF course Raleigh does steal all of Charlotte's tax money and use it on there roads.

Dump? Worst city in NC? I've been to many medium to large cities and Charlotte is by far one of the cleanest cities I've seen.

Have you been here? Its the only real city in all of NC. Panthers do suck this year, we are always up and down. 12-4 last year.

It is full of greedy bankers but those greedy bankers have the money making for a lot of nice houses and nice areas. Maybe you went to the wrong neighborhood. OF course Raleigh does steal all of Charlotte's tax money and use it on there roads.

Sorry if you took it personally. I live in the Sandhills and about the only local news

we can get comes from Charlotte.I just get tired of hearing all of the propaganda about

what a great world-class city it is.I've been there a number of times,as well as most

major cities in NC,and I wasn't that impressed with it.It was fairly clean.By calling it

a dump,I wasn't referring to the cleanliness of it, really.A city can be very clean,and still

be a dump,IMO.What I meant was it has such a backwards,small town mentality for being the

largest city in the state. All that people care about there seems to be racing,how much

money you make,and where you go to church.Just don't think it has earned it's reputation

for being a "world-class" city.It is not Atlanta(which it wishes it was)and will never be.

And the Panthers sure haven't risen up to their preseason expectations,so far.It seems they

can never string two winning seasons together.A couple of more seasons like this, and

I predict fans will stop showing up in droves.Then,the NFL should move the team to LA or

somewhere. :grin:

Sorry if you took it personally. I live in the Sandhills and about the only local news

we can get comes from Charlotte.I just get tired of hearing all of the propaganda about

what a great world-class city it is.I've been there a number of times,as well as most

major cities in NC,and I wasn't that impressed with it.It was fairly clean.By calling it

a dump,I wasn't referring to the cleanliness of it, really.A city can be very clean,and still

be a dump,IMO.What I meant was it has such a backwards,small town mentality for being the

largest city in the state. All that people care about there seems to be racing,how much

money you make,and where you go to church.Just don't think it has earned it's reputation

for being a "world-class" city.It is not Atlanta(which it wishes it was)and will never be.

And the Panthers sure haven't risen up to their preseason expectations,so far.It seems they

can never string two winning seasons together.A couple of more seasons like this, and

I predict fans will stop showing up in droves.Then,the NFL should move the team to LA or

Why all the hate? The Falcons have never had back to back winning seasons and there franchise has been around twice as long. Same with the Saints and many other NFL teams that have been in existence much longer than the Panthers. Also I've been a Panthers PSL owner since they started, I follow the team closely, my preseason expectations weren't very high nor were the other fans I talk to.

Charlotte is as nice a city as you will get in NC. Its not a dump. Is it as "world class" as other large cities in the country? no but i don't think it claims to be or tries to be like other cities. As far as nascar. its big in some areas. I grew up here and hate it along with most of my friends and family members. Church is big here, but that pretty much goes without saying when you are talking about the south. Its no more that way here than any other city or crappy hick town in the south.

peace

Why all the hate? The Falcons have never had back to back winning seasons and there franchise has been around twice as long. Same with the Saints and many other NFL teams that have been in existence much longer than the Panthers. Also I've been a Panthers PSL owner since they started, I follow the team closely, my preseason expectations weren't very high nor were the other fans I talk to.

Charlotte is as nice a city as you will get in NC. Its not a dump. Is it as "world class" as other large cities in the country? no but i don't think it claims to be or tries to be like other cities. As far as nascar. its big in some areas. I grew up here and hate it along with most of my friends and family members. Church is big here, but that pretty much goes without saying when you are talking about the south. Its no more that way here than any other city or crappy hick town in the south.

peace

Again,nothing against you personally.I'm sure you are a fine lady,but I just hate Charlotte

and always will.It's still the most overrated city in the state.And it is a hick town,

despite how many non-natives live there now. The real intellectual and culture center in

NC is the Triangle area.And I could care less about the Falcons or the Saints,really.

Just feel that Charlotte never deserved a team in the first place,while other major cities

go without a NFL team.It's more of a basketball town,even though they couldn't keep the

Hornets,and the Bobcats suck now,too. :HaHa: Sorry,but we'll have to just agree to disagree

on the "greatness" of Charlotte,I just don't see it.