Goodbye Jesus

Feeling Mischievous....

Chris630

So I was in a walmart bathroom trying to make the best of having to poo in a walmart bathroom, and what do i see when I look to my left? Its a tract telling me about all the "proof" that Jesus is real and coming back, and how I'm going to go to hell, but wait, there's good news! Jesus has decided to SAVE ME! You get the picture.

Anyway, its just a small piece of paper with info crammed on the front and a church's contact info on the back. I don't know about you guys, but it bothers me to see these things everywhere and I sometimes take them with me or just "do my part" in throwing out garbage people leave lying around everywhere.

So here is my idea. What if atheists were to do the same thing? I'm thinking of making a small 1 page piece of paper anti-tract, with the announcement that god probably isn't real, so don't worry about it, along with some succinct reasons based on actual facts, that back it up, and a web page address on the bottom, On which I'll write about and link to more scientific info, and to this site, and others, etc.

I'll of course make a nice dummy email address for all the hate mail I'll hopefully recieve, etc. It'll be great!

What do you guys think?

Also, does anyone have any ideas as to what the most pertinent info to put on the tract would be? I'm thinking of just making them small enoguh where I can print out 9 or so on one piece of paper, on my printer. Anyone have any suggestions as to the content,and also suggestions on an easy method of making these "tracts"? I'm not sure what the best software would be for it, and I don't know how to use photoshop.

any other ideas?

Looking forward to your feedback.

I think this is a great idea, and I have already seen a couple "Anti-Tracts" including one which is in the Jack Chick style which focuses on Cthulhu. Another one was about the Bible's instruction to "eat your children." I think an anti-Christian tract should focus on the Biblical doctrine that Yahweh curses people as a response to evil. When good people focus their mind on this Christian teaching, they cannot help but deconvert. If you do place these tracts about, please paste the response from BIBLEBOTS onto this website!

You couldn't begin to scratch the tip of the iceberg with one piece of paper.

Anyway, christian tracts annoy me as well, so I've also wondered about nonchristian versions. Realistically, though, would it actually have any impact?

You couldn't begin to scratch the tip of the iceberg with one piece of paper.

Anyway, christian tracts annoy me as well, so I've also wondered about nonchristian versions. Realistically, though, would it actually have any impact?

Probably as much as the Christian tracts. They would get more attention, hnowever, and probably more laughs if done correctly.

• Super Moderator

It wouldn't go over very well in Walmart - take a look HERE

I would have just wiped by my butt with it and flushed it down.

I would have just wiped by my butt with it and flushed it down.

While gross, a more direct message would be to wipe your ass with all of them and leave them on the church's doorstep.

lmao_99.gif

Half hour of laughs! Thanks.

lmao_99.gif

Half hour of laughs! Thanks.

OK, so maybe the Taliban do have a point........

That was hilarious! Page 11 with the house arrest ankle bracelet was a scream! Thanks for posting it.

OMG that page is priceless!

As for the tract thing, my first thought was the same as Ophelia...

The Freedom From Religion Foundation (employer of Dan Barker) produces a variety of brochures very similar to this. They call them nontracts and sell 100 for $16.

http://ffrf.org/shop/nontracts/

I like the idea of distributing something like this in public.

My cousin, Chris, had a great idea....how about going door to door and asking if someone is a Christian. If they are, start telling them how there is probably no god and they need to go about their lives accordingly. How many years would it take until people started saying "Oh, no...here come those fucking atheists."? :grin:

Freddy