Goodbye Jesus

Feature Giant Ribbon Discovered At The Edge Of The Solar System

nivek

FEATURE Giant Ribbon Discovered at the Edge of the Solar System

October 15, 2009: For years, researchers have known that the solar system is surrounded by a vast bubble of magnetism. Called the "heliosphere," it springs from the sun and extends far beyond the orbit of Pluto, providing a first line of defense against cosmic rays and interstellar clouds that try to enter our local space. Although the heliosphere is huge and literally fills the sky, it emits no light and no one has actually seen it.

Until now.

Pics and neato stuff via above link.

kL

FEATURE Giant Ribbon Discovered at the Edge of the Solar System

October 15, 2009: For years, researchers have known that the solar system is surrounded by a vast bubble of magnetism. Called the "heliosphere," it springs from the sun and extends far beyond the orbit of Pluto, providing a first line of defense against cosmic rays and interstellar clouds that try to enter our local space. Although the heliosphere is huge and literally fills the sky, it emits no light and no one has actually seen it.

Until now.

Pics and neato stuff via above link.

kL

That is neat! Well done. Complicated shit, and not quite clear to me what it's all about, but I guess we should be glad it's there (the heliosphere). I suppose we may assume that all stars have one.