Goodbye Jesus

A Book That Saved My Life

Guest joe nesmith

Guest joe nesmith

"a new life do you want it?" by the universal life church. it'll help anyone wanting to subconsciously leave christianity to an extent. i was a TOTAL wreck when i picked it up. highly recommend it

I'm an ordained minister in the ULC-- I became one back in the 1980s because clergy can't be drafted.

But the best thing about ULC ordination is that I've performed legal marriage ceremonies for seven couples. None of them had to jump through some Xtian minister's hoops to satisfy his or her sick power fetish. Oh, and I do it for free (though I've gotten some small gifts).

Does anyone know the going rate for the greedy grasping clergy these days?

Guest joe nesmith

i was going through some post tramatic stress whilst quitting tobacco, people treated me like i was nuts, but the truth was: my christian upbringing just blew up in my face. people think its funny when some poor soul suddenly realizes he was unwittingly brainwashed as a child, and now he has to deal with it on his own, etc. it became clear that my mind wasn't my own. wanted it back, got most of it so far. he came up baptist i could relate to that part.

I'm moving this to the Ex-Christian life, since it's not a testimony.

Does anyone know the going rate for the greedy grasping clergy these days?

I don't know about the greedy ones, but to the best of my recollection my wife and I were only charged $50 for both the church and pastor when we got married nearly 14 years ago. I felt that that was extremely reasonable. After all, they do have utility bills to pay.