*anger*

Skepticaldude541

I was brought along to church today. It was extremely boring and I had to fight the emotional ploys every minute. After church I got in a small debate with a christian there. I'm still pissed about it and stressed out. The argument went something like...

Christian: War is necessary.

Me: Fighting is for ignorant people.

Christian: Oh yeah? Name one time peace was achieved through peaceful means.

Me: You're kind of putting me on the spot.

Christian: Did you know god endorsed war a few times?

Me: Ya... And your point..?

Christian: Well if god said..

Me: God is a mythological construct.

Christian: Umm.. Where did trees come from then?

Me: Through a comlpex system of natural-

Christian: Where did that come from?

Me: Well from the-

Christian: Where did that come from?

Me: Seriously dude, I'm not a scientist.

Christian: Well since you don't know you're stupid and there is a god.

Me: :scratch::ugh: I'm not a biologist. I don't know the inns and outs of everything.

Christian: Scientists don't know everything. Therefore they know nothing.

Me: Wait, wha?

Christian: All I know is that anyone who would give their son, THEIR ONLY SON, for ME, is... *mumble*

Me: :Hmm: You haven't even established that the Bible is true or...

Christian: Well it is.

Me: Ok. Whatever. You're not making sense.

Christian: You used to be such a faithful Christian, I used to look up to you. How did you get to where you are now?

Me: I...

Christian: What is your girlfriend going to do? She is still Christian, are you going to ruin her life too?

Me: *glare* (Stay the fuck out of my personal business you fucktard)

And then he left.

You get the gist of it. Frustrating...

Man, get the fuck out of there. These people are so arrogant. This guy is all stoned up on his magical dreamworld of Gods and Goblins, and all the rest of the comic-book theology that comes with it. From the conversation, he sounds like a moron.

The remark about your girlfriend is just plain bullying. Sooner or later we see how people begin to emulate the behaviour of their mentors, and even their confused Gods.

Maybe see if your girlfriend would like to attend a church where a little more sanity prevails.

You don't owe this church a thing.

Gandhi.

Rofl. He would have no idea who that was.

Hooooly shit! Stoned on a magical dreamworld of gods and goblins is right. I can't believe he mentioned your girlfriend. Ugh..

ps. Ghandi? He wrecked an entire country. Millions died and now we have Pakistan. > < The EU does a pretty good job of making peace with committee - policy warfare... but other than that I don't think history is kind to this question.

*Oh I just thought of someone: MLK jr. Yes! score.

Some people just don't have any respect for a more scientific view on things. They just think that God is a more logical explanation for everything than science. Also, notice how he immediately went out of the way to prove you wrong and ignite an argument, yet no time whatsoever to show evidence that his views are correct. I hate people who just have that "I'm right because I follow God and you don't" attitude about them.

Kudos to you for letting them be the beef of the argument. I probably would've started hammering stuff back at them if I were in the situation.

After that point the only deserved response is fist --> face. :Hmm:

Yeah I know, so what? They get insulting, they should get what they beg for! :fdevil:

Gandhi.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Mega-pwned! :P

...notice how he immediately went out of the way to prove you wrong and ignite an argument, yet no time whatsoever to show evidence that his views are correct. I hate people who just have that "I'm right because I follow God and you don't" attitude about them.

A telltale sign of the weakness of one's own claim, really. Bragging, shouting and crap, all in the hope that the show will blind the opposition to the fact that behind all this "me da boss ugh ugh!" there is exactly nothing :lmao:

Think I would have turned that one right around on him - so, dude, you just said that YOU don't know everything about your religion, so therefore YOU must know NOTHING as well, in which case this entire arguement is moot because I at least know something. *turn on heel and walk away*

When the person you're debating with starts using personal attacks, it is safe to assume that they don't have a leg to stand on. It's kind of like the scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail where the knight gets his arms and legs cut off but thinks he can still fight.

Christian: What is your girlfriend going to do? She is still Christian, are you going to ruin her life too?

If I didn't quite have the self-restraint that I do, this is the part where I would just lay out and punch him in the face, pick him up by the neck, and go, "You're trying to provoke me? Guess what! YOU FUCKING PROVOKED ME!"

And then probably do other stuff too.

(Most) Christians don't know Hebrew or Greek, therefore they don't know jack about the Bible. This is just as logical as the Xian's moronic statement.

And holy sh*t. I used to think exactly like that. When I look at it from my liberated viewpoint, I really think I needed to have somebody beat that attitude out of me back then. Ug.

Man, get the fuck out of there.

I second this emotion.

I think that when we debate with fools we are invariably pulled down to their level.

If I didn't quite have the self-restraint that I do, this is the part where I would just lay out and punch him in the face, pick him up by the neck, and go, "You're trying to provoke me? Guess what! YOU FUCKING PROVOKED ME!"

And then probably do other stuff too.

Caretaker, your avatar fits that statement so well it's hilarious. But yes, I'd probably have done the same. Probably follow it up with something like "Atheism repairs lives ruined by Christianity. I feel sorry for your future kids - you'll be ruining their lives from the outset by raising them in your sick fucking cult."

Caretaker, your avatar fits that statement so well it's hilarious. But yes, I'd probably have done the same. Probably follow it up with something like "Atheism repairs lives ruined by Christianity. I feel sorry for your future kids - you'll be ruining their lives from the outset by raising them in your sick fucking cult."

LOL, I forgot I had that set as my avatar....

Christian: Name one time peace was achieved through peaceful means.

Okay, maybe I'm totally off base here, but isn't peace achieved through peaceful means every time, by default?

Peace means you stop fighting. That's it. You just put down your weapons and you stop trying to kill each other. So isn't technically every peace treaty, every amnesty, every cease fire, every voluntary lull in fighting a peaceful act by its very nature?

Man, get the fuck out of there. These people are so arrogant. This guy is all stoned up on his magical dreamworld of Gods and Goblins, and all the rest of the comic-book theology that comes with it. From the conversation, he sounds like a moron.

The remark about your girlfriend is just plain bullying. Sooner or later we see how people begin to emulate the behaviour of their mentors, and even their confused Gods.

Maybe see if your girlfriend would like to attend a church where a little more sanity prevails.

You don't owe this church a thing.

I like really agree with this assessment, geeze how does one put up with that bullshit? Wow.