Goodbye Jesus

My Current Model

HRDWarrior

Just thought I'd start a progress thread on my current model for my modeling class. It's still a work in progress, far from done at this point, but I'd like to have a record of things just for my own edification as much as anything else. This is a 3D model, so what you are seeing here is nothing more than screenshots of what I'm working on - hopefully by the end of the semester I'll have a short video available for viewing. The primary modeling was completed in Autodesk Maya 2010, right now I'm work in ZBrush to get the detail that I need. ATM I'm working on the face and head...still has a ways to go, but getting there. The body so far is only what I've done in Maya, haven't even started on that in ZBrush yet.

ff2.jpg

ff.jpg

Very cool.

So what's your plan with the knowledge of 3D modeling?

My eventual goal is film...may start out in video games or commerials (or something similar) but the goal is the film industry.

yeah, the digital modelling in some video games is getting very sophisticated. I think that in the years ahead there will be a lot of interest in digitally generated movie characters, and so on. I just watched one of those "Final Fantasy" movies the other night; after a while I forgot that it wasn't even human characters.

Keep at it. I've fooled around a bit with some of that Terragen artwork for SF landscapes and so on. I love that space and fantasy art; if I was younger I'd probably get into it. That Bryce stuff and so on seems kind of interesting.

Keep us updated with your work.

Another day's worth of work on this, it's finally starting to get there! Still needs a lot of refining, but now I can at least see what I was envisioning for it! My eyes are buggy, but I feel like I got a lot accomplished!!!

FFH.jpg

FFH2.jpg

FFH3.jpg

FFH4.jpg

FFH5.jpg

Here's the final ZBrush product, the legs aren't "correct" because he's going to be wearing pants - no need to waste time on things that won't be seen! Now I've got to finish him up in Maya, add all the dynamics (clothing, hair, etc) pose him, texture him, and finally get things rendered once I'm done with the scene....

Human2.jpg

Human.jpg