Goodbye Jesus

Exorcisims And Demonic Possession

Justin

This conversation about demons and the spiritworld brings back memories from when I was an avid believer in such things. The book THE MIND OF THE BIBLE BELIEVER quoted by MBL was one book that helped me understand my experiences. Also, Anomalistic Psychology books helped sort things out.

I've had hypnopompic/hypnogogic hallucinations that were in my memory AS IF THEY WERE REAL EVENTS. I've learned that the unconscious mind is powerful. Things deeply believed can become real to us. I've known people who dissociated often, with no memory of what they did while "out". What we believe often dictates our experiences as if they are a part of objective reality. But I still love horror/supernatural movies... :grin:

• Like 1

This conversation about demons and the spiritworld brings back memories from when I was an avid believer in such things. The book THE MIND OF THE BIBLE BELIEVER quoted by MBL was one book that helped me understand my experiences. Also, Anomalistic Psychology books helped sort things out.

I've had hypnopompic/hypnogogic hallucinations that were in my memory AS IF THEY WERE REAL EVENTS. I've learned that the unconscious mind is powerful. Things deeply believed can become real to us. I've known people who dissociated often, with no memory of what they did while "out". What we believe often dictates our experiences as if they are a part of objective reality. But I still love horror/supernatural movies... :grin:

I have not heard of Anomalistic Psychology, but after reading your post I found this. Looks really interesting! Thank you for mentioning this topic.

I have not heard of Anomalistic Psychology, but after reading your post I found this. Looks really interesting! Thank you for mentioning this topic.

You're welcome. Here's the other books I've read on the subject:

Neher, Andrew The Psychology of Transcendence (1980). This Prentice-Hall book is out of print. Used copies may be available from Amazon.com. It was reissued in 1990 by Dover Books as Paranormal and Transcendental Experience.

Reed, Graham. The Psychology of Anomalous Experience : A Cognitive Approach (Buffalo, NY: Prometheus Books, 1988).

Vyse, Stuart A. Believing in Magic: The Psychology of Superstition (Oxford University Press 2000).

I've known people who dissociated often, with no memory of what they did while "out".

Did they perchance say anything about their anus hurting?

I've known people who dissociated often, with no memory of what they did while "out".

Did they perchance say anything about their anus hurting?

:lmao::eek: