Goodbye Jesus

Disprove God

dario

Yea, it was really me, Panther!

white_raven, it seemed like you were straining...you didn't hurt yourself did you?

:HaHa:

You must have laughed your damn ass off whe I referred to your "Offense" post!

I didn't hurt myself....was only gettting impatient as your alter ego was slower than the rest of us.....but with you trying to post while giggling....I guess we can forgive you.

:twitch::twitch::twitch::twitch:

My brain just broke, damnit.

ASIMOV, I'M SENDING YOU THE BILL!

:glare::glare::nono::nono:

Now that I go back and read through the posts, I'm getting the hang of telling your writing style.  So if you want to pull off something like this one again, I suggest using a different style.

I know...I can't seem to help it. Some of my friends have read stuff I've written, and they're like "That is so you, exactly the way you talk."

OMG, I can't do this any longer.....I'm laughing so hard, and trying to think of things to say, but it's impossible for me to be this dumb.

It's me, Asimov.

:lmao::funny::lmao:

You must have laughed your damn ass off whe I referred to your "Offense" post!

I didn't hurt myself....was only gettting impatient as your alter ego was slower than the rest of us.....but with you trying to post while giggling....I guess we can forgive you.

Yea, it was a funny coincidence. My lack of ability to keep a straight face leaked into my post and I couldn't stand it anymore...I broke...

Alright EVERYONE!

Let's all dogpile Asimov and take turns givin' him a noogy!!

I so deserve it fwee... :HaHa: I had to stir the pot a bit, I knew mr. Diaro wouldn't come back.

:lmao:   Aww,  I love you, man...you're not a retard, you're my wittow Mikey-poo... :HaHa:

Aww. I love you too. Even though you just raised my blood pressure about 10 points. I kept thinking "nobody could really be this stupid. Could they??". Good one :grin:

Aww.  I love you too.  Even though you just raised my blood pressure about 10 points. I kept thinking "nobody could really be this stupid. Could they??".  Good one  :grin:

I think I riled quite a few people up! I thought I'd have some fun, didn't know how well it was gonna go.

I so deserve it fwee... :HaHa:   I had to stir the pot a bit, I knew mr. Diaro wouldn't come back.

I would count Dario out just yet there Asimov.... We'll see .....

I think I riled quite a few people up!  I thought I'd have some fun, didn't know how well it was gonna go.

Regardless of whether or not this thread is a joke, you still did a fine job of showing what belief in the bible does to some people. :shrug:

Someone will come along, read it, get sucked in, then perhaps when they get to the part where you revealed yourself, they might just think a bit. :shrug:

I think I riled quite a few people up!  I thought I'd have some fun, didn't know how well it was gonna go.

Well I guess I should defer to your "offended" thread for therapy. I seem to still get easily pissed of by confrontational Christians. And now I guess I can add bored atheists disguised as confrontational Christians to the list :HaHa:

I so deserve it fwee... :HaHa:   I had to stir the pot a bit, I knew mr. Diaro wouldn't come back.

So.....does this mean that we gotta stop arguing with you now? :twitch:

It was getting so fun! :HaHa:

:3:

You bad ass mofo.

Shame I wasn't here to get in on the fun.

:clap::party::goodjob:

Disprove that there is a God.

Dropping in shortly, not having much time, but...

...the existence of a god can't be disproven - it might hide itself from us after all.

As for the christian god, however... the attributes commonly assigned to it by christian doctrine are so utterly illogical and contradictory that it's safe to say that this god cannot exist, just like a square circle can't.

Anyone remember my alter egos, A T Thunderbird and Mr Braggio?

Anyone wants them back?

no.

agreed

I remember saying once that as I barely had time for real Christians, my time for fake Christians was even less. :Hmm:

An axiomatic truth is that nothing which has self-contradictory attributes can exist. Hence, there are no such things as spherical cubes. In like manner, the Abrahamic deity is attributed as being: (1)Omniscient (2)Omnipotent (3)Omnipresnt and (4)Omnibenevolent. I will focus on the first two.

If the Abrahamic deity is omniscient (which the Tanakah/New Test./Qu'ran all state) , then he cannot also be omnipotent. If god know everything, past, present and future perfectly, then he cannot also be all powerful, for this encompassing knowledge constrain his oen power. The Bible, for instance states in several places that he changed his mind, thus demonstrating that he could not be omniscient. Thus the very attributes that define the Abrahamic deity are evidence that at an axiomatic level, he is an imaginary being and thus the Abrahamic religions are built upon imagination/fantasy.

Bruce, thank you for making that very clear for me. I have heard this mentioned but have not completely understood until your post.

I started this post last night and went to bed thinking it was pretty late. I assumed that I wouldn't get much response, but I underestimated this site. I read everyones responses and even started to get upset at LOT's answers, until I realized that it was an ex-christian. I have to say that it was pretty funny. Anyway, seeing that I am NOW the only Christian posting I can get back to the original question. I realize that my question could not be answered because of the nature of the question. So I will, in my opionion and to the requests made, give you my proof that there is a "God." Realize that my reasoning does not come from higher education or strict learnings. I'm a college drop-out.

My first reason for believing in a "God" is nature. I'm sorry, but my mind cannot entertain the thought that the earth and the universe were made from nothing. The chances of "things" coming together to create the complexity of the universe are astronomical. In my opionion, it takes more faith to believe in that, than to believe in a "God." I also don't believe that we are the same as animals, having no purpose. The complexity of the human mind is astounding to me. I cannot comprehend the thought that we are on the same level as a chicken or any other animal. And where did we get the concept of right and wrong? When did the idea of morals come into effect? Animals, from what I think, don't abide by this law of right and wrong, so then, why do we? I cannot believe that the "nothingness" we were made from would give us this "law." For those reasons I believe that there is a higher power at work. A "Creator" if you will. I am not, however, proving in the existence of the christian God, I am only trying to rationalize the proof of a "God."

I realize that many of you will criticize my thinking and give me answers that just "explain away" this phenomena. Yes, I've read that some of you do believe in a "God", while others of you don't. But we shouldn't try to explain away this phenomena just to disprove there is a God, we should honestly seek the truth, like I am doing. I will appreciate your feedback, maybe not the negative so much, and will look forward to discussing this.

My first reason for believing in a "God" is nature.  I'm sorry, but my mind cannot entertain the thought that the earth and the universe were made from nothing.  The chances of "things" coming together to create the complexity of the universe are astronomical.  In my opionion, it takes more faith to believe in that, than to believe in a "God."  I also don't believe that we are the same as animals, having no purpose.  The complexity of the human mind is astounding to me.  I cannot comprehend the thought that we are on the same level as a chicken or any other animal.  And where did we get the concept of right and wrong?  When did the idea of morals come into effect?  Animals, from what I think, don't abide by this law of right and wrong, so then, why do we?  I cannot believe that the "nothingness" we were made from would give us this "law."  For those reasons I believe that there is a higher power at work.  A "Creator" if you will.  I am not, however, proving in the existence of the christian God, I am only trying to rationalize the proof of a "God."

So your "proof" is that you are so amazed by the universe that it must have been designed.....and hows that different from what I said while pretending to be a Christian, buddy? We get the concept of right and wrong from society, all animals that live in a society have a social structure and how to behave in that social structure.

I realize that many of you will criticize my thinking and give me answers that just "explain away" this phenomena.  Yes, I've read that some of you do believe in a "God", while others of you don't.  But we shouldn't try to explain away this phenomena just to disprove there is a God, we should honestly seek the truth, like I am doing.  I will appreciate your feedback, maybe not the negative so much, and will look forward to discussing this.

Using fallacies and ignorance is not a method of obtaining truth, dario.

OMG, I can't do this any longer.....I'm laughing so hard, and trying to think of things to say, but it's impossible for me to be this dumb.

It's me, Asimov.

Fookin A!

Just when I thought we had fresh meat, I look up this guy's posts and this is the first thing I see!

Guards!

*snaps fingers*

I started this post last night and went to bed thinking it was pretty late.  I assumed that I wouldn't get much response, but I underestimated this site.  I read everyones responses and even started to get upset at LOT's answers, until I realized that it was an ex-christian.  I have to say that it was pretty funny.  Anyway, seeing that I am NOW the only Christian posting I can get back to the original question.  I realize that my question could not be answered because of the nature of the question.  So I will, in my opionion and to the requests made, give you my proof that there is a "God."  Realize that my reasoning does not come from higher education or strict learnings.  I'm a college drop-out.

My first reason for believing in a "God" is nature.  I'm sorry, but my mind cannot entertain the thought that the earth and the universe were made from nothing.  The chances of "things" coming together to create the complexity of the universe are astronomical.  In my opionion, it takes more faith to believe in that, than to believe in a "God."  I also don't believe that we are the same as animals, having no purpose.  The complexity of the human mind is astounding to me.  I cannot comprehend the thought that we are on the same level as a chicken or any other animal.  And where did we get the concept of right and wrong?  When did the idea of morals come into effect?  Animals, from what I think, don't abide by this law of right and wrong, so then, why do we?  I cannot believe that the "nothingness" we were made from would give us this "law."  For those reasons I believe that there is a higher power at work.  A "Creator" if you will.  I am not, however, proving in the existence of the christian God, I am only trying to rationalize the proof of a "God." 

I realize that many of you will criticize my thinking and give me answers that just "explain away" this phenomena.  Yes, I've read that some of you do believe in a "God", while others of you don't.  But we shouldn't try to explain away this phenomena just to disprove there is a God, we should honestly seek the truth, like I am doing.  I will appreciate your feedback, maybe not the negative so much, and will look forward to discussing this.

Dario,

While none of us have all the answers, we have some. With what we do have, we have enough to know that when we were christians, we were being duped.

There are at least mountains of evidence to disprove the bible god.

At least you are seeking answers though...I think that is a good place to start.

Just a piece of advice: Never take anything at face value. I believed the christians for so many years until I began to look for myself. That was the best thing I could have ever done.

Though I didn't like ALL the answers, it at least gave me the knowledge of what was fact and fiction.

I'm still searching today...but in a different direction.

Just keep reading and seeking! :grin:

Dario,

While none of us have all the answers, we have some. With what we do have, we have enough to know that when we were christians, we were being duped.

There are at least mountains of evidence to disprove the bible god.

At least you are seeking answers though...I think that is a good place to start.

Just a piece of advice: Never take anything at face value. I believed the christians for so many years until I began to look for myself. That was the best thing I could have ever done.

Though I didn't like ALL the answers, it at least gave me the knowledge of what was fact and fiction.

I'm still searching today...but in a different direction.

Just keep reading and seeking!  :grin:

Thank you for your encouragement panther. Back to the theory I was talking about when referring to the law of right and wrong. Asimov, you say we got the idea for right and wrong from society, but then where did "society" get this idea? Did a group of men get together and brainstorm? If so, wouldn't that mean they would have had to have this law working inside of them? And if thats the case, where did the law originally come from? Society? That just doesn't make sense to me, so call me ignorant if you want, but while you do so, please provide me proof for your reasoning.

"So your "proof" is that you are so amazed by the universe that it must have been designed." -Asimov-

That is absolutely correct. In my mind, the universe and the earth and humans and everything else could not have evolved from nothing. An analogy I read once said, " that scenario is about as likely as a tornado whirling through a junkyard and accidentally assembling a fully functional Boeing 747."

There is yet to be proof that the universe was not created by "Intelligent Design", and also, there is yet to be proof that there was an "Intelligent Designer."

"There are at least mountains of evidence to disprove the bible god." -Panther-

This may be true, Panther, but like I stated in an earlier post, I am not trying to prove the Christian God. I'm trying to prove in the existence of a God. However, from what I have read, there IS evidence for the "bible god", but we can get into that later.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.