Goodbye Jesus

Disprove God

dario

God is a transcendant being, you can't disprove Him.

Then why did you ask?

God is a transcendant being, you can't disprove Him.

Or her? Or it? Where do you get off ascribing sex of any kind to god?

Perhaps you missed it somewhere. The bible doesn't define god. It only gives a vuage idea as to the christian god at that, which is why you christians are so confused.

Perhaps you need to open your heart and mind to God. Reading the Bible reveals the Truth about His Love and His Sacrifice for the ones who prostrate themselves before Him in humble repentance. It is but a signpost to the Truth.

Then why did you ask?

Light didn't. We've got more than one Christian playing.

God is defined in the Bible...yes, it takes that much to define a single being as it would to define maybe even you! 

In Christ,

LoT

Allah is defined in the Koran.

Light didn't. We've got more than one Christian playing.

Ooops my bad. I just see that blaring yellow avatar and I think it's the same person :grin:

Or her? Or it? Where do you get off ascribing sex of any kind to god?

I didn't ask, Mike D.

white_raven, as shown in the Bible, God has chosen a distinct gender, the one which He bestowed upon the dominant gender. Just as God is the Father of all His children, men are the Fathers of all their Children. Just as God is dominant over all in His House, men are dominant in their houses.

Perhaps you need to open your heart and mind to God.  Reading the Bible reveals the Truth about His Love and His Sacrifice for the ones who prostrate themselves before Him in humble repentance.  It is but a signpost to the Truth.

Reading the bible reveals the truth of your barbaric, monsterous tribal god who loves to kill babies and orders others to kill them on his behalf.

I didn't ask, Mike D.

white_raven, as shown in the Bible, God has chosen a distinct gender, the one which He bestowed upon the dominant gender.  Just as God is the Father of all His children, men are the Fathers of all their Children.  Just as God is dominant over all in His House, men are dominant in their houses.

How else could he rape and impregnate Mary right?

[...]  Reading the Bible reveals the Truth about His Love and His Sacrifice for the ones who prostrate themselves before Him in humble repentance.  It is but a signpost to the Truth.

LoT, we *have* read, and studied, the Bible. It nothing but contradictions and lies. As an analogy:

Reading the Qu'ran/Upanishads/Works and Days/Bhagavad-Gita/Questions of King Meninda/Book of Mormon/Shariya-Ki-Sugmad/Theogony reveals the Truth of [whatever attribute you're trying to sell].

Every religionist I've spoken with always says "We are different because..."

Try, try to remember what this forum is about: Ex-Christians. We know the Bible.

I didn't ask, Mike D.

Yeah yeah, got it.

white_raven, as shown in the Bible, God has chosen a distinct gender, the one which He bestowed upon the dominant gender. Just as God is the Father of all His children, men are the Fathers of all their Children. Just as God is dominant over all in His House, men are dominant in their houses.

The only purpose for genders within living beings is for sexual procreation. Is your god a sexual being?

Yeah yeah, got it.

The only purpose for genders within living beings is for sexual procreation.  Is your god a sexual being?

I answered that. Yes he is...he had to be able to rape and impregnate Mary.

Perhaps you need to open your heart and mind to God.  Reading the Bible reveals the Truth about His Love and His Sacrifice for the ones who prostrate themselves before Him in humble repentance.  It is but a signpost to the Truth.

Did that. All signs in the bible point away from your standard christian religion we know today. I end up universalist, or agnostic, depending on my mood. Actually I suppose I could be both :grin:

Reading the bible reveals the truth of your barbaric, monsterous tribal god who loves to kill babies and orders others to kill them on his behalf.

Yes, everything he does is an act of Love.

Do you support abortion? If you do, then why speak with such hypocrisy? Killing is a necessity, and God knows better than we do about what must be done to achieve his ends.

Do you support abortion?  If you do, then why speak with such hypocrisy?  Killing is a necessity, and God knows better than we do about what must be done to achieve his ends.

You should commit many abortions to save those souls for Christ. BTW...I don't claim to be god (not seriously anyway).

How else could he rape and impregnate Mary right?

Mary wasn't raped, God is a transcendant being, and instilled within her the Honour of carrying Jesus, the Son.

Did that. All signs in the bible point away from your standard christian religion we know today. I end up universalist, or agnostic, depending on my mood. Actually I suppose I could be both :grin:

That is your choice, TruthWarrior.

LoT, it's very easy to fall into the trap that you have fallen in. In fact, psychologically, some would say that human beings are predisposed to want to believe in God.

I challenge you to use your rational mind. I know that during my time as a Christian I had voices of doubt questioning what I believed, but I consciously pushed those doubts down, quelled their voices with my songs of praise and my prayers. I know that there are Christians out there, and you may be one of them, who struggle daily with the same dilemma but are too ashamed or afraid to let on to their Christian friends.

Sometimes it takes a traumatic event in one's life to cause one to really question God's existence. I know for me I had a period of time where a couple of traumatic things happened, and I began to question how God could allow such a thing to happen. Being a leader in the church and knowing the sorts of answers I would receive (and probably give to others if they asked me), I started to see the manipulation for what it was. I realised that if we're going through good times, we interpret that as God's blessings, but if we're going through bad times it's just God allowing us to pass through a test of our faith. Can't you see the absurdity of such a notion? Heads I win, tails you lose!

I sincerely hope that you take some time to stop and think about the faith you hold so dear. Reason it out. I know that the idea that your life is temporary, and that when your body dies you cease to exist, is a pretty scary one - especially when you've believed for so long that this life is essentially worthless and the eternal life that awaits is what really has value. But if you stop and realise that there is no pie in the sky waiting for you, this life takes on such a precious value - and I truly wish that you can enter into this kind of mature understanding of life. Life is transitory and precious, and not to be deprecated or wasted on the misguided notion that something better awaits us when we die. Live your life in the here and now!

Killing is a necessity, and God knows better than we do about what must be done to achieve his ends.

You would make an excellent Nazi. No wonder so many willing Christians eagerly participated in the Holocaust.

You should commit many abortions to save those souls for Christ.  BTW...I don't claim to be god (not seriously anyway).

I'm not God, so I don't claim we should do anything of the sort. Christ, being the way the truth and the life, and also the Son for which all are sacrificed will provide for us.

It is said that every knee shall bend and every head shall bow, I am not worried about the ones who are killed.

I answered that.  Yes he is...he had to be able to rape and impregnate Mary.

Alrighty then, not only is he sexual, but he is sexually aggressive, which would be appropriate for a person with a domineering personality such as his :HaHa:

Yes, making a woman marry her rapist is so....loving.  Drowning infants and children is so...loving.  Roasting people in eternal hell is so...loving.  NOT.  You worship a deity made up by a cruel people.

Hell is created for those who outright reject God even though they have direct knowledge of God's existence. We, who must operate on faith, do not have direct knowledge, but must use Faith in God as our Guide in life.

Do you support abortion?  If you do, then why speak with such hypocrisy?  Killing is a necessity, and God knows better than we do about what must be done to achieve his ends.

So people should opt instead for god's loving miscarriages? :scratch:

Not that I'm much of an abortion supporter myself. But what of wars and killings justified by god's appointed governments here on earth? Are those all part of god's love too?

You would make an excellent Nazi. No wonder so many willing Christians eagerly participated in the Holocaust.

This life is but a blink of an eye and a pinprick of pain compared to the glorious existence of paradise.

I found this quote from Dario at another board he frequents (I used to frequent there when my arguments were less refined it is a time I do not look on with fondness) but none the less here it is

I do know him from another board he is actually lagitamate he is a questioning Xtian so he does need help not the typical shit we give newbies whom we suspect of being seagulls IMHO

"Proof that Christianity is the Way"

In my search for the truth I have hit a wall. If anyone can help me please do. Where can I find evidence for Christianity outside of the Bible? Someone please share with me that information without using biblical references. It would be greatly appreciated.

reference

http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9572

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.