Goodbye Jesus

Disprove God

dario

God is a transcendant being, you can't disprove Him.

I'm sure the Invisible Pink Unicorn would agree, if She weren't so busy being Pink and Invisible.

Goodbye Jesus
Hell is created for those who outright reject God even though they have direct knowledge of God's existence.

I've wondered why Hell was invented so late in the Buy Bull. Is God that stupid? He forgot to create it until around 90 CE, when the Gospels were slapped together?

He is one evil asshole, to punish people for eternity for such a small slight. Amazing that we humans have higher moral standards!

white_raven, as shown in the Bible, God has chosen a distinct gender, the one which He bestowed upon the dominant gender.  Just as God is the Father of all His children, men are the Fathers of all their Children.  Just as God is dominant over all in His House, men are dominant in their houses.

You cannot use the bible to prove the validity OF the bible. That is circular reasoning and holds no water.

Prove the bible is the word of god.

Yes, everything he does is an act of Love. 

Yes, that's what I thought when I read in the Bible about God sending the great flood with such love that he wiped at just about every human and animal on the face of the earth. I get giddy just thinking about how caring and compassionate that was.

P.S. Did you know that Sharon Tate was murdered by the Manson family because it was the ultimate act of love, according to the girl who did it? The Mansons and Jehova have much in common ;)

This life is but a blink of an eye and a pinprick of pain compared to the glorious existence of paradise.

I'm not sure whether you took the time to read my post above LoT but I would implore you to read it.

The question you should ask yourself is - what if this "glorious paradise" is nothing but a lie? You're staking a lot on that question and it's a question that you should seriously investigate.

Because if you're wrong... think about the consequences. You deprecate this life, you call it a "blink of an eye" and a "pinprick of pain", but if this life is all we have then it is infinitely precious! It is temporary and therefore incredibly valuable! And if there is no paradise to look forward to, if we cease to exist completely when our bodies die, then what a terrible terrible thing to waste this life by looking to the future.

Now I could be wrong.

But what if I'm not? The stakes are so high that I think you should spend some serious time investigating alternative points of view.

P.S. Many people in here can be quite blunt and even rude to Christians like yourself. Please don't let their attitudes dissuade you from searching for the truth. Just be honest with yourself and if you have any shadow of a doubt, best put it to rest. You may discover that what you believed all along is right and if so - good for you. But if not, think about what you will have gained!

This life is but a blink of an eye and a pinprick of pain compared to the glorious existence of paradise.

Thanks for confirming how evil Christianity truly is.

How is living in the fantasy world going for you? Oh-- bad news. The Qu'ran sez that you have to be a Muslim to get into paradise. Yer a-goin' ta hell.

You would make an excellent Nazi.

Are you throwing around compliments to Christians again? :wicked:

Okay, I've read a handful of this Lightoftruth dude's comments. :HaHa:

Either we are communicating with someone that has a tube of glue duct-taped to each of his nostrils, or this guy is a fellow ExC'er that's pullin' our chain. :lmao:

Nobody can write those words and actually be serious about it. :lmao:

Can they?!?!? :twitch:

Okay, I've read a handful of this Lightoftruth dude's comments.  :HaHa:

Either we are communicating with someone that has a tube of glue duct-taped to each of his nostrils, or this guy is a fellow ExC'er that's pullin' our chain.  :lmao:

Nobody can write those words and actually be serious about it.  :lmao:

Can they?!?!? :twitch:

Only if they've not bothered to read anything about us before popping on here.....oh wait. :Doh:

Guys if I had been spoken to by ex-christians like this when I was a Christian it probably would have made me believe even stronger.

What are we trying to achieve here? Are we just trying to berate this person or do we actually have a genuine concern for their wellbeing?

Personally I would love to see more Christians freeing themselves from the mental bonds they suffer unknowingly within.

What are we trying to achieve here? Are we just trying to berate this person or do we actually have a genuine concern for their wellbeing?

Methinks this person is a troll. Feeding the trolls can be fun on occasion :)

Drat! He's gone.

I was hoping someone would actually try to prove the bible was the word of god.

LOL.. But light of truth doesn't worship YHWH but Jesus, some half naked guy who from some of the gospels appears to be a little on the side of homosexual.  He sure "loved" John.  :bj:

thankful your back! glad to see you are ok!

Guys if I had been spoken to by ex-christians like this when I was a Christian it probably would have made me believe even stronger.

Personally I would love to see more Christians freeing themselves from the mental bonds they suffer unknowingly within.

Beautifully put Funkenstein :HappyCry:

I have read many posts where people have said that God is not real.  They ask Christians to prove that there is a God.  I was wondering if someone could give me legitimate proof that there is no such thing as God.  I have no agenda by asking you this question, it is for curiosity only.  Disprove that there is a God.

To demand that an atheist prove the non-existence of God is to miss the point. It is totally unfair for you to demand the atheist to disprove a God that has never been proven to exist. Therefore, it is your responsiblity to prove Gods existence not for the non-believer to disprove it.

Has the existence of square triangles ever been disproved? Of course not. Square triangles have never been proved in the first place, therefore to disprove them would be a total absurdity.

You theists blow my mind everytime you attempt to reverse the burden of proof argument on the skeptics and unbelievers but just a cop out on your part; you know you are unable to prove gods existence because you are just as skeptical and doubtful about it 's existence and you know it.

OK. So how does one do that then? :scratch:

Dario,

One cannot prove or disprove the existence of something outside of nature in general. However, one can prove or disprove a specific claim. I confidently proclaim that the Abrahamic diety (Yahweh/Jesus/Allah) cannot exist and is an imaginary creature.

An axiomatic truth is that nothing which has self-contradictory attributes can exist. Hence, there are no such things as spherical cubes. In like manner, the Abrahamic deity is attributed as being: (1)Omniscient (2)Omnipotent (3)Omnipresnt and (4)Omnibenevolent. I will focus on the first two.

If the Abrahamic deity is omniscient (which the Tanakah/New Test./Qu'ran all state) , then he cannot also be omnipotent. If god know everything, past, present and future perfectly, then he cannot also be all powerful, for this encompassing knowledge constrain his oen power. The Bible, for instance states in several places that he changed his mind, thus demonstrating that he could not be omniscient. Thus the very attributes that define the Abrahamic deity are evidence that at an axiomatic level, he is an imaginary being and thus the Abrahamic religions are built upon imagination/fantasy.

Bruce

I wonder what our Christian guests thinks of what Bruce has said here? I wonder what they think.

Drat! He's gone.

I was hoping someone would actually try to prove the bible was the word of god.

Yeah no wonder he left. I would have left if I was spoken to that way too.

I know that fundies get really frustrating sometimes and you think that nothing you say gets through to them. But honestly, I think it does. They won't let on, they'll keep arguing with you until they're blue in the face, but sometime in the future that thought might have taken root. And maybe one day under the right circumstances, it might shake them loose from their prison.

I'm just saying...

Awww! I even behaved myself this time! I did! Even after he told me to go read the bible (like I hadn't). I was perfectly nice.

Ah well. We were called a pit of piranahs.

I guess I'm in a lovey dovey mood. If you caught me yesterday I was arguing so vehemently against militant fundies on CF I got permabanned.

I guess I'm in a lovey dovey mood. If you caught me yesterday I was arguing so vehemently against militant fundies on CF I got permabanned.

Yeah

Been there

Done that

Got Banned :grin:

I'm hoping he may have gotten a little adrenaline kick from his encounter with us. That can be addictive.

Disprove that there is a God.

Simple. He is not here. He doesn't answer prayers. He doesn't make himself know to people or through people. The Bible doesn't fit to the natural life. You can't experience what the Bible claims you can. You can't perform the miracles the Bible demands you to do. Genesis gives a false story of the start of the universe and mankind. The Bible is full of contradictions and incomplete, and also to some extent immoral. There's no reliable historical or secular evidences that Jesus ever existed.

Do you want me to go on?

Every statement is a proof in itself, since you demand Gods existence to be confirm just by you stating that there is no disproof of him.

This is your false supposition:

- You believe, then God exists

- I don't believe, then I'm wrong

Conclusion, I must prove you wrong to be right.

But you see, I can turn this around by:

- I don't believe, then God does NOT exists

...and so on.

And secondly, since you're so sure that your faith must be right, how did you disprove all the other religions? How did you disprove Zeus? Use the same logic and arguments for Zeus, and you'll find the answers to why your religion is just as false.

You don't think it was my homosexual Jesus reference, do ya? :scratch:

Naaaahh :HaHa:

Boy it was a really quiet day up till then....and it showed. 14 people all in here, and all in the process of writing.

So glad you're okay Thankful! :grin: Give those kids a hug!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.