Goodbye Jesus

Disprove God

dario

P1) No one has proved that UFOs don't exists.

P2) All propositions that have not been disproved are true.

-

C) It is reasonable to conclude that UFOs do exists.

No one has proved that the Invisible Purple Unicorn exists.

All propositions that have not been disproved are true.

Therefore, it is reasonable to conclude that the Invisible Purple Unicorn exists.

No one has proved that the Invisible Purple Unicorn exists.

All propositions that have not been disproved are true.

Therefore, it is reasonable to conclude that the Invisible Purple Unicorn exists.

Yup. And FSM, and the Mighty Chocolate, and Mickey Mouse...

Where did Dario go?  I want him to comment on my stuff.

Hey Asimov, sorry I haven't responded sooner to your posts, I have been pretty busy lately. I won't be able to post tonight because I am spending time with my wife. This weekend will be difficult also, so expect a post monday. Sorry about the delay. I also am trying to research more info. Want to get my stuff right.

Want to get my stuff right.

Better right than hasty.

Hey Asimov, sorry I haven't responded sooner to your posts, I have been pretty busy lately.  I won't be able to post tonight because I am spending time with my wife.  This weekend will be difficult also, so expect a post monday.  Sorry about the delay.  I also am trying to research more info.  Want to get my stuff right.

Wife shmife!! I want a response NOW!

:lmao:

I have read many posts where people have said that God is not real.  They ask Christians to prove that there is a God.  I was wondering if someone could give me legitimate proof that there is no such thing as God.

I had a kolache for breakfast, therefore god doesn't exist.

Proof number 2:

a.

(modal ontological argument summarized)

God is defined as necessary existence.

God is logically possible.

Since the concept of god is possible, and god is defined as necessary, god is necessarily actual.

b.

God is defined as necessary existence.

God is logically impossible.

If it is possible for god not to exist, and god is defined as necessary, then necessarily god does not actually exist.

Since the conjunction of (a) and ( B) is an absurdity, and no basis of fact has changed, and there is no distinction between them except that "possible" is used in both senses, (if it is possible god exists, then it may also be possible he doesn't since it was not mandated that he must exist a priori), we may rationally conclude god does not exist. Q.E.D.

I was wondering if someone could give me legitimate proof that there is no such thing as God.

Ex-Christians who are members of this forum were saved from Hurricane Katrina. Therefore, if god really wanted to destroy all the "evil heathens," he would have done so. And it makes no sense from the Christian PoV that god would save Ex-Christians and not Christians.

And yes, I know the standard response to this type of thing is "maybe they will convert again someday." Why don't you PM them and ask them if they believe in god yet, and see what they have to say?!

:ugh:

Hi Dario..... I know you can't come until Monday, but if you get a chance to read here this weekend, check out these link:

Pagen Origins of the Christ Myth

I wonder if Dario's coming back.

He lied.

Said he'd respond on Monday.

He's going to hell...

:wicked:

He lied.

Said he'd respond on Monday.

He's going to hell...

:wicked:

He was definitely logged in yesterday. I saw him myself.

He was definitely logged in yesterday.  I saw him myself.

OOOoooooo!

BUSTED!!!

:woohoo::lmao:

I guess we'll see

I'll see if I can get ahold of him at the other board he frequets

Dario, read Gilgamesh, study its origins, consider it in context with the later occuring Genesis, and tell me with a straight face that the biblical god is anything other than a bastardised derivative of the pagan Mesopotamian pantheon.

While I agree wholeheartedly with the notion that the burden of proof lies with the one making the claim, I would also like to throw this point of view into the mix here.

I contend that the very notion of the supernatural is absurd, has no evidence whatsoever, and by its very nature makes itself impossible.

What you're talking about is the existence of something outside the universe. The universe is defined as all things collectively. How can something exist outside the universe? It's a nonsense.

Whenever a claim is made that a particular event or phenomenon had a supernatural cause, without exception the event or phenomena will fall into one of the below categories:

a. It never actually happened

b. It had a natural cause

c. Not enough information is available to determine the cause.

However, boiling it down to its simplest form, essentially the notion of the supernatural in general, and God in particular, is logically absurd and completely impossible.

That'd by my answer. Nice job Doc.

Perhaps you need to open your heart and mind to God.  Reading the Bible reveals the Truth about His Love and His Sacrifice for the ones who prostrate themselves before Him in humble repentance.  It is but a signpost to the Truth.

Oh shit. Only page two and he's already reverted to voodoo curses. Is your logical barrel really that empty LoT?

I didn't ask, Mike D.

white_raven, as shown in the Bible, God has chosen a distinct gender, the one which He bestowed upon the dominant gender.  Just as God is the Father of all His children, men are the Fathers of all their Children.  Just as God is dominant over all in His House, men are dominant in their houses.

Wow LoT, you are off to a dashing start. I bet they all made you feel quite welcome in the next 16 pages. I can't wait to catch up and see.

Yes, everything he does is an act of Love. 

Do you support abortion?  If you do, then why speak with such hypocrisy?  Killing is a necessity, and God knows better than we do about what must be done to achieve his ends.

Do you support the creation of hell? Then you're just as loving as your demented god.

It is said that every knee shall bend and every head shall bow, I am not worried about the ones who are killed.

Yes, it is said. Emphasis on SAID. Your book tells you. What else tells you this? Why should we believe it? I don't know you, so YOUR experiences don't matter. Why should "I" believe it?

This life is but a blink of an eye and a pinprick of pain compared to the glorious existence of paradise.

No, no, no! You are dead wrong. This life is ALL you get and you are wasting it on hope that a contradictory absurd book is right. You are being cheated right here, right now. I pity you, I really do. You are in a cult.

Yeah no wonder he left. I would have left if I was spoken to that way too.

I know that fundies get really frustrating sometimes and you think that nothing you say gets through to them. But honestly, I think it does. They won't let on, they'll keep arguing with you until they're blue in the face, but sometime in the future that thought might have taken root. And maybe one day under the right circumstances, it might shake them loose from their prison.

I'm just saying...

I'll give some thought to your points Doc.

Why is my post so difficult for you to comprehend?  If the flood did not happen, then God did not kill everyone in it.

Then why did he say that he did? If you are going to pick and choose which is alegory and which is true in the bible, what is your criteria? Incredibility? It's all incredible.

Yes, I am taking it on faith that God will not send anyone to hell who has not made a knowledgeable choice.

The light of God is an inner light.  It makes me happy and content.

Define knowledgeable. I don't choose to not believe, I cannot because it doesn't make any sense. Do you believe in Santa?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.