Goodbye Jesus

Icr .. Let's Talk About It .. Where Are All The Questions They Should Have :

Guest AstonishingSECRETS

Guest AstonishingSECRETS

Icr .. Let's Talk About It .. Where are all the questions they should have :

I dont like to often get into the "What IF", alternative history stuff but I wonder what icr would have been if they had a whole other set of goals? First, I remember reading some online comments about icr a while back, and the comment that seems to have stuck with me is where someone compared ICR's creationism to a pop-up-book. My first guess is that deep down, IDers don't expect or even care that the scientific community wont accept ID as real 'science'. I agree with many that guess their main goals are attention and money-making within the Chrisitian community, expansion of the number of Christians by giving ill-informed people enough justification to suspend disbelief, and increase of political power. They know Christians fork over lots of money for various ministry-related efforts and they know public schools are controlled by voters. If you are like me, you wont give two cents for anything "Ken Ham" once said. Or if Mr. Ken Ham wants people to believe that early man used to ride on the backs of Triceratops

You know I could reference reams of materials about their "science" their Newsletters or even their fopas. But, I was curious would have it made a difference if they had focused more on the Creator or the Sci.? Not that many would share my concern but frankly I cannot bring myself to talk about icr normally because I feel that anything I say about them is so biased that it would boarder on 'unfair'. I am sure they are very sincere. I wonder if they would have done better if others were at the helm? :wicked:

I dont like to often get into the "What IF", alternative history stuff but I wonder what icr would have been if they had a whole other set of goals? First, I remember reading some online comments about icr a while back, and the comment that seems to have stuck with me is where someone compared ICR's creationism to a pop-up-book. My first guess is that deep down, IDers don't expect or even care that the scientific community wont accept ID as real 'science'. I agree with many that guess their main goals are attention and money-making within the Chrisitian community, expansion of the number of Christians by giving ill-informed people enough justification to suspend disbelief, and increase of political power. They know Christians fork over lots of money for various ministry-related efforts and they know public schools are controlled by voters. If you are like me, you wont give two cents for anything "Ken Ham" once said. Or if Mr. Ken Ham wants people to believe that early man used to ride on the backs of Triceratops

You know I could reference reams of materials about their "science" their Newsletters or even their fopas. But, I was curious would have it made a difference if they had focused more on the Creator or the Sci.? Not that many would share my concern but frankly I cannot bring myself to talk about icr normally because I feel that anything I say about them is so biased that it would boarder on 'unfair'. I am sure they are very sincere. I wonder if they would have done better if others were at the helm? :wicked:

You can not prove the existence of a creator, and there is no science behind creationism or IDiocy, so no, it would not have made a difference if they had a different focus.

You can try to polish a turd, but all you get is a shiny turd.

I talked a bit to my father in law who LOVES ICR. He is a retired chemist. He believes the earth is 6000 years old and says he doesn't have enough faith to be an evolutionist. He claims that there dating methods are based on too many assumptions and he knows this cause he is a chemist and that all scientist are bias towards evolution.

We are going to try and talk to him one day more about evolution. Its going to be very difficult.

• Super Moderator

There couldn't be another set of goals. The only reason creation "science" exists is to twist reality to fit the Biblical model. That is the goal - to provide "evidence" supporting the mythology they MUST believe is literally true. It attempts to validate their position in their own minds and hopes to possibly even change a few minds in the rational world. Of course there's money to be made from books and lectures just like they do with the Armageddon bullshit.

Aside: what are "fopas?"

Aside: what are "fopas?"

faux pas?

I talked a bit to my father in law who LOVES ICR. He is a retired chemist. He believes the earth is 6000 years old and says he doesn't have enough faith to be an evolutionist. He claims that there dating methods are based on too many assumptions and he knows this cause he is a chemist and that all scientist are bias towards evolution.

We are going to try and talk to him one day more about evolution. Its going to be very difficult.

After having taken both biology and chemistry classes in college, I can see how a pure chemist could limit his or her exposure to evolutionary knowledge. If he leans away from biochemistry and leans more toward other branches, he may not have dug very deep into it. For me, genetics is some of the best evidence for evolution.

And, sometimes, a person wants to believe something so much that they will reject obvious evidence to the contrary just to do so.

Guest AstonishingSECRETS

name='John09'

I can see how a pure chemist could limit his or her exposure to evolutionary knowledge

name='monkeygirl'

- I talked a bit to my father in law who LOVES ICR

Yyyessss very interesting. Sorry IF I sound stupid.

Prophecy Sites are a trip. What drove me to this website were the posts of "DaDad", he is the example of being close minded. Any point of view that differs from his, he attacks. If you ask an honest question you are shot down. If he thinks you have a different emphasis he is immediately on the attack or comes up with some way to needle you. So, I sought out this board,. Sorry. Anyhow.

=================================

BACK-TO-TOPIC:

Arent they supposed to be about "research"? I dont know if you've ever caught yourself wondering about what others are thinking. I spend more and more time wondering aloud .. 'why didnt they do this', or 'just why haven't they asked about that'/? But It's like you're dealing with "bots" (as in AI).

If evangelicals are being sent to my door, why do I NEVER run across them ??? "God", I'm waiting