Goodbye Jesus

Death Penalty Views

KKnox

Personally I see the point of the death penalty as a "separation" from society issue. If one doesn't play by the rules in our society they go to jail, but because of societies' compassion, they are fed and housed. Yet some crimes are so heinous that the society does not owe the criminal any compassion, not worthy of food or shelter, thus the death penalty.

So the issue is "what must a criminal do to be unworthy of any compassion?"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shyone

• qec

• RankStranger

• KKnox

For me, an important part of that issue is just how trustworthy is our justice system in determining guilt. It's been shown over and over to be shoddy- hit & miss at best.

In related news it looks like the D.C sniper (I'm too lazy at the moment to spell his name) will be excecuted tomorrow.

As I live in Maryland I was pretty close to what the guy did and saw the effects among people living here. Serves him right.

"Catch and Release" has worked so well for the uS JustUs system....

Just this past week for the newshawkers and watchers several folks, all "hard criminals", even by our warm and soft "reformation" thinkers, were caught again raping then murdering.

Turned loose from custody after having been shown to be "evil actors".

Say what you will. A dead rapist or murderer will never do their crimes again.

"Give them a fair trial, best to State's ability to prosecute to "no doubts", then remove the killers from society." "

That or be totally dependent on the State 24/7 for 911 and radio cars.... Oh wait, nevermind.

"Somehow it is more politically expedient to have a woman raped and strangled with her pantyhose; than standing over the smoking body of her attacker, 38 in hand, asking loudly "HOW DO I RELOAD THIS SON OF A BITCH?".

Self protection is the ultimate Civil Right.

kL

kFL

The problem is Nivek, you can't trust the police or the legal system to do their jobs properly. You know this, and that's why people like you and I don't want to rely on them. This is why I don't really support a death penalty any more. It's not that I don't think rapists and such don't DESERVE death, it is that I don't trust the lawmen and lawyers to get it right. I'd rather a guilty man go free than an innocent be punished... particularly if that innocent might be me or a friend or loved one.