Goodbye Jesus

So I Found A New Therapist

Some of you may have read about my bitching about my last therapist, who was a catholick, who every time I brought up my issues with xtianity tried to tell me I was the one that had the warped outlook on religion, and the church is not a malignancy in human society. Well, I just found a new therapist and saw her for the first time on Wed. I've only seen her once and had a long conversation on the phone with her, but I think I may have finally found a match for me.

First of all, she is literally half a mile from my house. I can walk or ride my bike, and since I don't drive, that's a BIG plus for me. But secondly, the reason my first phone convo with her was so long was because I interviewed her before booking a session. I told her of my anger towards the church, and what happened with my last therapist. Not only does she not have an issue with my Atheism, she is one too! Well, she didn't identify as one, but she was raised catholick and rejected it all at the age of 10 (I was more around 14 or 15 before I figured out the scam). She agrees with me that the church is abusive and that the most sickening part is they target children.

I was hoping to find someone like this, cause my biggest issue is that I feel I'm the only one who see reality as everyone else has these sky fairies helping them. I need to know how to cope with knowing the majority of the country are complete morons. Hopefully I can get over this major hurdle with her.

I'm trying not to get too excited over this, as I've only had one session with her, and my past 2 therapists have been douche bags. I hope she can also change my opinion of therapy!

Well, there's only one way to find out. Best of luck, but from what you said this new one definitely sounds like an upgrade. An Ubuntu therapist, if you will, to the old one's Vista. :grin: