Goodbye Jesus

Christ Thinks That Christians Are Assholes

Guest heresy is progress

Guest heresy is progress

Maybe I'm the one who is insane.

What if you believe the fundamental teachings of Jesus Christ to be sound, but found the rest of the bullshit - (the whole "God vs the Devil Mythos' - the Garden of Eden, Mose's Exodus from Egypt, Noah's Ark, Revelations, Creationism, Intelligent Design, Heaven and Hell) to be so completely far fetched that you feel like the only sane person surrounded by the mentally ill?

You see the believers have totally misinterpreted what Christ had to say?

Christ Said:

This is the way into the Kingdom. Listen to what I have to say, and you're welcome to come along.

That means "We only have one life in this world, so why fuck it up by fighting and fucking up a good time?

Why spend your lives so scared of the afterlife, that you waste the only life you DO have?"

Christ Said:

I Am Your teacher. Why don't you follow my lessons?

All I ask of you is let love rule.

Love your fellow man. There is no need for jealously, arrogance, or piety.

Don't be selfish. Look out for your brothers and sisters.

It is better to ease suffering than to cause or prolong suffering.

We are all Gods.

(He actually said "we are all children of god, so it stands to reason we are at least demigods... )

Why do we have wars?

Simply difference in opinion.

We spend our lives, savagely defending fairy tales, instead of coming together, sharing our ideas to make the world a better place. A home. Christ promised a paradise, and here we've made hell on earth. Are we all retarded?

Christ Said:

This is not a cult.

This is a new IDEA.

Its a new movement, so throw off your Chains!

The Pharisees can no longer tell us how to think!

You no longer have to be told what to do, if you follow these instructions:

THINK FOR YOURSELF. Choose FREE WILL. Choose Love.

How come the ones that make Martyrs out of Messiahs wind up in control of our world? It's because you can kill the messager, and then make him into a symbol to keep the world's eyes closed to what he said.

They executed Christ, then called him a hero. They buried his message in a nonsensical book of half-truths and wives' tales.

They put words in a dead man's mouth.

They dipped his corpse in gold, so we are blinded by how it shines.

They pointed at their neighbors and said "those are the guys that did it! You must avenge his death! If you encounter them, we will be pleased in any way you do him harm."

Christ Said:

Forgive them. they know not what they do.

Christ never said "Avenge my Death!

Make them suffer!"

Slaughter them all!"

All that old testament shit wasn't his bag. But based of what his followers believe, if Christ came back today, they would crucify him again.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

That's actually why my husband would still like to think of himself as "christian" - not because of the religion (he's basically a deist right now) but because Jesus was actually a pretty cool guy when you take away all the christian bullshit and the gospel of John ;) which was written long after the other three and from different sources...Jesus was actually a bit of revolutionary - his treatment of women, tax collectors, and foreigners was not "normal" - many of hi teachings when read in the proper context are actually not as passive as modern christians interpret them (such as the whole "turning the other cheek").