Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Vigile

• bdp

• RankStranger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ditto several of the last posts.

I'd like to start a topic on how ex Christians were abused but i won't be able to with all the other stuff going on.

:banghead:

I am convinced xtians do not read much of what we say. They scan the posts looking for somewhere they can try to interject scripture or jeebus, but they just do not listen to a damn thing we try to say.

Either that, or they are just stupid.

I think that generally speaking, Christians are reluctant to reveal any of their own doubts, especially to unbelievers, this could be seen as a kind of betrayal to the Christian faith. In the christian mindset probably the most evil thing you can do is doubt God, thus I think doing it causes them guilt.

I believe only things that weigh in with a preponderance of the evidence.

If I did believe what you believe, I would also believe that a god who could create such a system is evil, sick and twisted beyond Stalin, beyond Hitler, beyond Nero.

What do you believe about the universe? Do you think its fine tuned properties are the result of random forces? If so how could forces that were created at the beginning do this?

Or take the origin of life. How did life begin from material objects like rocks, water whatever is not living to a high tech factory (the cell) without intelligence?

Personally i don't like the doctrine because of what it implies but on the other hand i do think its the right and just thing because there must be a place for those who totally reject God.

What you describe is a dictator. Believe in and follow the line to the letter, without question, or die horribly. Your god seems no different than Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Lennin, etc etc.

For an omnipotent being, your god sure seems to have a weak ego. Hell, I'm just a mere mortal and I could care less if someone doesn't like me or believe what I tell them. I guess I'm better than your god?

Even if you are right about your assessment on God you still have to deal with Him on His terms.

I'd like to start a topic on how ex Christians were abused but i won't be able to with all the other stuff going on.

I am convinced xtians do not read much of what we say. They scan the posts looking for somewhere they can try to interject scripture or jeebus, but they just do not listen to a damn thing we try to say.

I read qiute a bit of the responses. It would take to long to respond to them all. What i don't understand is that there are different beliefs out here on these topics and i don't see anyone else challenging each other' claims. All of it is coming my way and that's fine. I guess people don't have convictions about what they believe and want to be PC. It must get boring around here.

I think that generally speaking, Christians are reluctant to reveal any of their own doubts, especially to unbelievers, this could be seen as a kind of betrayal to the Christian faith. In the christian mindset probably the most evil thing you can do is doubt God, thus I think doing it causes them guilt.

I personally don't have doubts about God and Christianity being true. What i personally struggle with is falling short of what it exhorts me to strive for. I find it very very difficult to live like Christ and it bugs me deeply. However, i don't let this stop me from pursuing Him.

I find it very very difficult to live like Christ and it bugs me deeply. However, i don't let this stop me from pursuing Him.

Funny. I find it very easy to live much better than him. :shrug:

Contrary to popular belief, Jesus wasn't the nicest or smartest or most compassionate guy in the world.

I don't know how you say this with any facts back up your assertion. Read through the gospels and you find such an incredible individual the likes of which the world has never seen. How could He not be with all the good that has been done in his name?

sing_99.gif

The wheels on the bus go round and round...

round and round......

round and round........

I read qiute a bit of the responses. It would take to long to respond to them all. What i don't understand is that there are different beliefs out here on these topics and i don't see anyone else challenging each other' claims. All of it is coming my way and that's fine. I guess people don't have convictions about what they believe and want to be PC. It must get boring around here.

First, YOU CAME HERE - THIS IS YOUR THREAD. Second, we DO challenge each other, in different threads in different forums.

"I guess people don't have convictions about what they believe..." Don't be a dick.

"I guess people don't have convictions about what they believe..." Don't be a dick.

We are united in that we were once xians, and now no longer are. Beyond that, there are as many opinions as there are members.

there must be a place for those who totally reject God.

Why? Why can't God just let us cease to exist, then? Why torture us for eternity, and watch too? That's what the scriptures say, don't they? Bring my enemies and kill them in front of me? So our smoke of torment can ascend forever, a pleasing offering to God's nostrils?

Why, in God's infinite loving mercy, must he torture for eternity, the vast majority of all people who ever lived?

Here is your God. Can I call you Bill?

I wonder, Amazed, are you a Jehovah's Witness? They're really into this hell stuff. And why are you so doggedly determined to make your point on this forum? Is it because your particular flavour of Christianity gives you brownie points for trying to convert the apostate, more points if you can show you were abused in your attempts?

That or he doesn't want our blood on his hands when he stands before his god.

Well, what about it, Amazed? Could you CHOOSE to believe in Allah if that's what it took to save your own skin? Even though you find the evidence for the existence of that particular god unconvincing?

And let's say that you're wrong, and Jesus was just some guy... and it turns out that Allah was the REAL God. Would Allah be justified in torturing you in Muslim Hell for all eternity because you "rejected" him? I mean, there has to be SOME place to put people like you who didn't believe in Allah. Right?

there must be a place for those who totally reject God.

Why? Why can't God just let us cease to exist, then? Why torture us for eternity, and watch too? That's what the scriptures say, don't they? Bring my enemies and kill them in front of me? So our smoke of torment can ascend forever, a pleasing offering to God's nostrils?

Why, in God's infinite loving mercy, must he torture for eternity, the vast majority of all people who ever lived?

Here is your God. Can I call you Bill?

I wonder, Amazed, are you a Jehovah's Witness?

No. Jehovah Witnesses don't believe in annhilation if I remember correctly.

They're really into this hell stuff. And why are you so doggedly determined to make your point on this forum? Is it because your particular flavour of Christianity gives you brownie points for trying to convert the apostate, more points if you can show you were abused in your attempts?

No one is forcing anyone to be here. If it gets to hot for you here you may not want to stay.

Well, what about it, Amazed? Could you CHOOSE to believe in Allah if that's what it took to save your own skin? Even though you find the evidence for the existence of that particular god unconvincing?

And let's say that you're wrong, and Jesus was just some guy... and it turns out that Allah was the REAL God. Would Allah be justified in torturing you in Muslim Hell for all eternity because you "rejected" him? I mean, there has to be SOME place to put people like you who didn't believe in Allah. Right?

What we do know is that we all die. The issue is, what happens after death. Do we cease to exist or is there some kind of after life? If there is an after life what determines it?

This is where it can get complicated. People have all kinds of different views all views cannot be true. So how do we determine which view is correct? How do you know the Muslim view is correct and mine is not? On what basis will you decide?

They're really into this hell stuff. And why are you so doggedly determined to make your point on this forum? Is it because your particular flavour of Christianity gives you brownie points for trying to convert the apostate, more points if you can show you were abused in your attempts?

No one is forcing anyone to be here. If it gets to hot for you here you may not want to stay.

You didn't answer his questions...

Some questions don't need answers. This was one of them.

...too hot... ROFL

aww, he's not responding to me anymore - was I being nasty to amazed, anyone?

...too hot... ROFL

aww, he's not responding to me anymore - was I being nasty to amazed, anyone?

What have you said that needs responding? All i see recently from you is smart aleck kind of stuff. That's not worth responding to.

I have NOT been posting smart-aleck stuff, I have been trimming excess verbiage and pinpointing my responses. I have been respectful to you - I've defended you in the shoutbox. You said you'd pray for me and my job situation and I thanked you for that, sincerely. You stopped responding to my points, your business why, but I was not being smart-alecky, merely concise.

I have NOT been posting smart-aleck stuff, I have been trimming excess verbiage and pinpointing my responses. I have been respectful to you - I've defended you in the shoutbox. You said you'd pray for me and my job situation and I thanked you for that, sincerely. You stopped responding to my points, your business why, but I was not being smart-alecky, merely concise.

I didn't mean you were attacking me. I meant some post have some humor in them and i don't usually respond. Sorry i didn't make that clear. I do want to hear what you think. You are one of the few i like discussing with here.

What we do know is that we all die. The issue is, what happens after death. Do we cease to exist or is there some kind of after life? If there is an after life what determines it?

This is where it can get complicated. People have all kinds of different views all views cannot be true. So how do we determine which view is correct? How do you know the Muslim view is correct and mine is not? On what basis will you decide?

Yeah, those are good questions.

But you haven't answered mine. If it turns out that you're wrong, and that Allah is the one true God... then would Allah be justified in torturing you forever in Muslim Hell? I mean, you DID reject him, didn't you??

If so, then are we humans nothing more than ants to be burnt under the magnifying glass of whichever sadistic God happens to exist? Better hope that you 'chose' correctly... there are BILLIONS of people (many of whom are smarter, better educated, more sincere, and more honest than you or I) who disagree.

If not, then why is Jehovah justified in doing exactly the same thing?

I didn't mean you were attacking me. I meant some post have some humor in them and i don't usually respond. Sorry i didn't make that clear. I do want to hear what you think. You are one of the few i like discussing with here.

Okay - glad we got that cleared up. :thanks:

Yeah, those are good questions.

But you haven't answered mine. If it turns out that you're wrong, and that Allah is the one true God... then would Allah be justified in torturing you forever in Muslim Hell? I mean, you DID reject him, didn't you??

If so, then are we humans nothing more than ants to be burnt under the magnifying glass of whichever sadistic God happens to exist? Better hope that you 'chose' correctly... there are BILLIONS of people (many of whom are smarter, better educated, more sincere, and more honest than you or I) who disagree.

If not, then why is Jehovah justified in doing exactly the same thing?

If it is true that my rejection of Allah results in my going to hell then i can't change that fact. I could be wrong about Allah but i have no reason to think so in light of what Christ taught. Jehovah is justified in doing what He does because He is God. If the Bible is right about who the true God is (Jehovah) then my not believing it does not change that. I think the evidence for the God of the Bible is superior to any other book. I certainly believe that Christ did reveal Him to mankind and we will be held accountable.

What do you think?

If it is true that my rejection of Allah results in my going to hell then i can't change that fact. I could be wrong about Allah but i have no reason to think so in light of what Christ taught. Jehovah is justified in doing what He does because He is God. If the Bible is right about who the true God is (Jehovah) then my not believing it does not change that. I think the evidence for the God of the Bible is superior to any other book. I certainly believe that Christ did reveal Him to mankind and we will be held accountable.

What do you think?

How do the teachings of Christ have anything to do with whether or not Allah is god?