Goodbye Jesus

Question For Amazed

Vigile

Why? Got bored with this waste of bandwidth?

Yeah. He was repeating the same questions and semi-inflammatory statements after we all our answers.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Vigile

• bdp

• RankStranger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why? Got bored with this waste of bandwidth?

Yeah. He was repeating the same questions and semi-inflammatory statements after we all our answers.

480 odd posts in less than a week! Must be some kind of record!

I believe only things that weigh in with a preponderance of the evidence.

If I did believe what you believe, I would also believe that a god who could create such a system is evil, sick and twisted beyond Stalin, beyond Hitler, beyond Nero.

What do you believe about the universe? Do you think its fine tuned properties are the result of random forces? If so how could forces that were created at the beginning do this?

Or take the origin of life. How did life begin from material objects like rocks, water whatever is not living to a high tech factory (the cell) without intelligence?

I think you are an uneducated, self-made moron. You have a brain yet you choose not to use it because in your estimation you already have all the answers you need. It is not the job of us on this site to provide you with the education the government failed to give you.

In your limited circle of friends this answer will be seen as a cop out. Amongst those who actually have an education and still own their own brains, it is virtually the only reasonable answer that can be given.

I personally don't have doubts about God and Christianity being true. What i personally struggle with is falling short of what it exhorts me to strive for. I find it very very difficult to live like Christ and it bugs me deeply. However, i don't let this stop me from pursuing Him.

I believe in hell. I believe the life you just described is that hell. It's your own fault at this point. You have a brain and you refuse to engage it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest xandrani
Creator himself took on humanity himself shows how much he values mankind and came to get us out of a predictament that left to ourselves we could never get out of.

But the omniscient omnipotent creator put us in the mess to start with. Unless he didn't know about evil. Then omniscient is out. And if he can't stop evil then omnipotent is out. Lousy excuse for a gawd.

Actually it was the free will of his creatures that got us in this mess. He's been working for 2000 years to deal with evil.

If he's so almighty surely he could fix it faster than 2000 years, indeed instantaneously? Maybe he's not as 'almighty' as you thought?

I personally don't have doubts about God and Christianity being true. What i personally struggle with is falling short of what it exhorts me to strive for. I find it very very difficult to live like Christ and it bugs me deeply. However, i don't let this stop me from pursuing Him.

I believe in hell. I believe the life you just described is that hell. It's your own fault at this point. You have a brain and you refuse to engage it.

A bit late to make this comment. But this exactly my thought when I think of many of the people I left behind who are in amazed's situation. They are living in their own personal hell, the hell which I would be sentenced to if it were but for the grace of dog.

:wicked:

HI since amazed is gone i think i can practice dicesting this dead corpse... you know for practice an' stuff. Before i try it on a live vic-erm-Subject.

So here is my report of case study #2 Fundy fudimentals. edited for berevity.

Well, what about it, Amazed? Could you CHOOSE to believe in Allah if that's what it took to save your own skin? Even though you find the evidence for the existence of that particular god unconvincing?

And let's say that you're wrong, and Jesus was just some guy... and it turns out that Allah was the REAL God. Would Allah be justified in torturing you in Muslim Hell for all eternity because you "rejected" him? I mean, there has to be SOME place to put people like you who didn't believe in Allah. Right?

Corpse said

What we do know is that we all die. The issue is, BUNCH of mindless stopthink to detach myself emotionally form the answer i fear.

Yeah, those are good questions.

But you haven't answered mine. If it turns out that you're wrong, and that Allah is the one true God... then would Allah be justified in torturing you forever in Muslim Hell? I mean, you DID reject him, didn't you??

If not, then why is Jehovah justified in doing exactly the same thing?

Corpse said

If it is true that my rejection of Allah results in my going to hell then i can't change that fact. I could be wrong about Allah but i have no reason to think so.... IN LIGHT OF All the sercurity of thought that i come here with just to defend the knoweldge that i know... i am NOT RIGHT..... BUT I certainly believe that Christ did reveal Him to mankind and we will be held accountable.

What do you think?

Well thank you for asking.

You are correct! Becasue i have been blined by the evil of the Sedusing Spirit, and am clearly a jezzebel in the sight of THE LORD

Then i am indeed a worthy subject to be choesen to be a vessle of Our Lord's Wrath. For without me The lord's Holy purpose of judgment cannot be the reason for which you had to be saved.

AND Lo! IF it is is Alleh that i have sinned against through my flagerent disobedience then it would be as if i was sadly decieved, and my Jehova, in whom i am proud to live and breath and have my being , will have been.......

SATAN

God bles you .

IZ-M

• 3 months later...

We all have choices to make and no choice is a choice. It is not God' desire to send anyone to hell but to be saved from it. That's why He sent Christ into the world to save us from it

Kissing Hank's Ass

I'm bumping this thread because we have quite a few new members who may not have read about Hank yet.

God can do anything but deal with humans and fix evil. He can't even arrange undeniable proof of his own existence. Pfft. To be God and omnimpotent must suck infinitely big time.

This is where man can start if there is a PROOF not arguments based on evidence the problem is with the way we started the enquiry!!the system of thinking we have in this world is possibilities=ignorant the true position of mans intellect is AGNOSTICISM by default.this does not mean we are incapable of knowledge(this itself is dogmatic, and shows how dangerous a belief is), so is there any escape from this epistimological nothingness??

God can do anything but deal with humans and fix evil. He can't even arrange undeniable proof of his own existence. Pfft. To be God and omnimpotent must suck infinitely big time.

This is where man can start if there is a PROOF not arguments based on evidence the problem is with the way we started the enquiry!!the system of thinking we have in this world is possibilities=ignorant the true position of mans intellect is AGNOSTICISM by default.this does not mean we are incapable of knowledge(this itself is dogmatic, and shows how dangerous a belief is), so is there any escape from this epistimological nothingness??

Say again?

Say again?

what is the difference between KNOWLEGDE and BELIEF?eg will it be raining tommorow at this time in this location!!tow statements

1 yes it will be...

2no it will not..

definetly one is neccessary the other is impossible but how can we know? if one says yes why because , cloudy!! pressure,wind ...etc all are evidence like 0+0+0...never be =1 therefore the method to know is by proof in this case wait till tommorow.

we need a method to deal with the epistimological statements about reality why? because reality is one the truth is a neccessary corrospondance with reality .falshood is impossible corrospondance this is the crux of the conception of reality (empirical or non empirical).in the issue of rain we have amethod so let us think seriously causewe claim we are sentient being !!

what is the difference between KNOWLEGDE and BELIEF?eg will it be raining tommorow at this time in this location!!tow statements

1 yes it will be...

2no it will not..

definetly one is neccessary the other is impossible but how can we know? if one says yes why because , cloudy!! pressure,wind ...etc all are evidence like 0+0+0...never be =1 therefore the method to know is by proof in this case wait till tommorow.

we need a method to deal with the epistimological statements about reality why? because reality is one the truth is a neccessary corrospondance with reality .falshood is impossible corrospondance this is the crux of the conception of reality (empirical or non empirical).in the issue of rain we have amethod so let us think seriously causewe claim we are sentient being !!

Eeh... I'm still trying to understand what you're saying. :shrug:

we need a method to deal with the epistimological statements about reality why?

Eeh... I'm still trying to understand what you're saying. :shrug:

Um, I'll take a stab and say science is a good method for differentiating between epistemologies of reality.

Claims of knowledge can then be tested and for a competing epistemology we can judge the truth by verification.

First, however, a claim of knowledge must be specific enough to understand. The method of obtaining that knowledge can then be evaluated.

So he's just stating the obvious?

Different theories of knowledge have to be tested against each other to see which one explains best how we know things.

Or:

Different epistemologies are suggested.

We test them by confirming which one brings about usable knowledge.

The winning epistemology is then the correct theory of the mind.

Did I get a cookie?

So he's just stating the obvious?

Different theories of knowledge have to be tested against each other to see which one explains best how we know things.

Or:

Different epistemologies are suggested.

We test them by confirming which one brings about usable knowledge.

The winning epistemology is then the correct theory of the mind.

Did I get a cookie?

Here ya go, but it's my favorite cookie so you have to share.

white-chocolate-macadamia-cookie2.jpg

1 yes it will be...

2no it will not..

The Cloud of Unknowing

Here ya go, but it's my favorite cookie so you have to share.

02e07bb7662d8c45db1fc40605d93421.jpg