Goodbye Jesus

Freemason Conspiracies

Neon Genesis

What's up with all the crazy Freemason conspiracies? I was bored last night and was watching some paranormal conspiracy program On Demand just to see how crazy it was and the people were freaking nuts. They claimed that all our founding fathers were secretly Masons and the U.S. is actually a Freemason nation. They claimed all the pentagrams and pyramid symbols we use in the U.S. government is proof of this. They even went as far as to claim Bush was a member of some Freemason cult called Skull and Bones and Bush had a secret Satanic hand sign that was proof of this and 9/11 was an inside job started by Bush and the Freemasons. I hated Bush as the president, but I'm not so nuts as to come up with conspiracies about how he was a secret Mason who was behind 9/11 all along.

They also claimed that the Knights Templar were a secret Freemason group and that Jesus was a Mason who didn't really die on the cross, but he had merely faked his death, got married to Mary Magdalene, and went to France where they had kids and the French royalty is supposedly descendants of Jesus who was secretly a Mason. And of course, this is all a top secret conspiracy that the Catholic church has been trying to suppress, but why is it that these conspiracy theorists who say it's top secret are always coincidentally the only ones who know about it? How did they find out about it if it's top secret? What I love is that they accused other paranormal programs of just trying to make money off of Freemason conspiracies but they're the real deal. I don't know anything about Masons at all but are they usually this nuts or is this just the conspiracy theorists who are crazy?

They also claimed that the Knights Templar were a secret Freemason group

Welp, this bullshit is easy to clear up at least, here's the actual Knight's Templar: http://www.ordo-militiae-templi.org/starten.htm

It is a Catholic religious order that was brought back into existence officially by the Roman Catholic Church-technically, canonically, it's an association of the faithful with the approval of an Archbishop in it's diocese in Italy, so it has another step or two until it becomes a fully fledged Order. That's the real slim shady and all the others are just imitating. And there are others, although they probably aren't imitating :P.

http://www.ordo-militiae-templi.org/starten.htm (click on restoration on the left side of the page)

In the ninth volume of the Dictionary of the Institutes of Perfection (Edizioni Paoline, Rome, 1997) to the Militia Templi is dedicated the third section of the word "Templars", the one entitled "the restoration of the Templars"; the Militia Templi is today the only one legitimate Templar Institution.

Oh, btw, here's a representation of the Queen of those Knights Templars:

You can see the phrase "Domina Nostra Regina Militiae" right on the Templars' front page. Hehe, those guys are fucked.... :grin:

On a separate note these dudes have been around since 1804 I think: http://www.osmth.org/ but they aren't "Knights Templar" no matter how long they've been around and said they have, as the original Knights Templar where all solidly 100% Catholic.

There are rites within Freemasonry that correspond to the Knights Templar:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar_%28Freemasonry%29

Predominantly in the United States the Knights Templar is the final order joined in the York Rite. Unlike other Masonic bodies which only require a belief in a Supreme Being regardless of religion, membership in the Knights Templar is open only to Christian Masons who have completed their Royal Arch and in some jurisdictions their Cryptic Degrees.[3]

Back to SMOTJ, that doesn't appear to be a Freemason organization. However, as I said, they aren't actually the Knights Templar; the Catholic Order I first posted to is. There are several other "Knights Templar" "Orders" around the world, and they mainly consist of a bunch of old dudes getting together at a Lodge somewhere as far as I can tell.

As far as all the other stuff about Jesus being a Mason and some French dynasty, sounds like bullshit to me. It is true that many of our Presidents where Freemasons, but you can hardly accuse their Freemasonry as being the source of them secretly conspiring to rule the world as that was their order of business anyway right? :grin: Them and the heads of pretty much every other country (lol).

Pat Robertson spreads this kind of shit. Or at least he used to. I read a book of his once that insinuated the Jews and the Free Masons had a dastardly plan to create a one world government that would usher in the anti christ. Damned jews :P

What's up with all the crazy Freemason conspiracies? I was bored last night and was watching some paranormal conspiracy program On Demand just to see how crazy it was and the people were freaking nuts. They claimed that all our founding fathers were secretly Masons and the U.S. is actually a Freemason nation. They claimed all the pentagrams and pyramid symbols we use in the U.S. government is proof of this. They even went as far as to claim Bush was a member of some Freemason cult called Skull and Bones and Bush had a secret Satanic hand sign that was proof of this and 9/11 was an inside job started by Bush and the Freemasons. I hated Bush as the president, but I'm not so nuts as to come up with conspiracies about how he was a secret Mason who was behind 9/11 all along.

They also claimed that the Knights Templar were a secret Freemason group and that Jesus was a Mason who didn't really die on the cross, but he had merely faked his death, got married to Mary Magdalene, and went to France where they had kids and the French royalty is supposedly descendants of Jesus who was secretly a Mason. And of course, this is all a top secret conspiracy that the Catholic church has been trying to suppress, but why is it that these conspiracy theorists who say it's top secret are always coincidentally the only ones who know about it? How did they find out about it if it's top secret? What I love is that they accused other paranormal programs of just trying to make money off of Freemason conspiracies but they're the real deal. I don't know anything about Masons at all but are they usually this nuts or is this just the conspiracy theorists who are crazy?

Isn't that all junk from that Da Vinci code book? Sheesh...

Yes, they mentioned The Da Vinci Code and they admitted Dan Brown's book was fiction but they claimed the "facts" that inspired it are all true.

My mother-in-law just read Brown's The Lost Symbol, and is convinced that it's true. I tried to tell her it's just a fun story, but she's "heard about all those things long before the book came out."

A friend of mine back in Tennessee has been a mason since shortly after high school... has lots of kin in the organization. Having known him, and having been told about other Masons, I think it's basically a nepotism club. Nothing more sinister than that. They go to church with each other, help each other get jobs and promotions, work for each others' local political campaigns, etc. They wouldn't describe it as such, but it looks to me like a somewhat formalized buddy/buddy system.

I've seen a couple of youtube videos claiming Obama to be a freemason. Their evidence was the handshake that he and Bob Scheafer (spelling?) shared during the Presidential candidates debate. They also had some footage of Bush Sr. prophesying on about a "new world order."

Much of this wacko doo-doo, along with a majority of what one of my best friend's (and father) says reminds me of the Rush lyric ... "the hopeful depend on a world without end, whatever the hopeless may say" Fundies place 100% of their hope in the next world and 0% in this world.

Makes me noxious. I really would love to see a world with less ideology.

Peace to all...

Yeah, I've watched some of these "conspiracy" documentries involving this stuff just out of curiosity and amusement.

It's kind of a whole sub-genre with some people. I've even checked out some of these conspiracy sites from time to time, but after a while it just gets more and more ridiculous. Lately the whole Illuminati thing has morphed into a RC/reptilian/space-alien/Freemason thing; some of these jokers just keep pushing the envelope.

Freemasons, the Bildenberg Group, The Carlyle Group, the Roman Catholic Church, space aliens, George Bush Sr., Scientology, Star Trek, the UN, Microsoft, and Blackwater, they're all in on it. And Ex-Christian.Net is their secret front site where they make arrangements in coded posts by people who in fact are very rich and powerful.

Well, now that you know, I'm afraid you all must be eliminated.

Sorry about that.

A friend of mine back in Tennessee has been a mason since shortly after high school... has lots of kin in the organization. Having known him, and having been told about other Masons, I think it's basically a nepotism club. Nothing more sinister than that. They go to church with each other, help each other get jobs and promotions, work for each others' local political campaigns, etc. They wouldn't describe it as such, but it looks to me like a somewhat formalized buddy/buddy system.

That would explain why my father and grandfather tried to get me interested in it when I started attending confirmation classes as a teenager. I asked them both what the Masons were about and they both said they could not tell me until I became a member. The only thing I truly remember saying to them in response; and it is also why I think they inspire so much crazy conspiracy theories, was:

"Any group that is a secret club is secret because they must have something to hide. I do not want to be part of any group that can not be honest and forthright, unless you tell me what the secret is beforehand."

Every now and then I throw some Mason conspiracy into the mix to push my dad's buttons...he never attends meetings or anything, I really have no idea what the point of it all is...

My grandfather was a lodge master in 63; my mother always compares the meetings to those of the Royal Order of Water Buffaloes.

My husband is a Freemason. There isn't anything sinister about it at all. It's a Fraternity (boys club) that is designed to help people and each other, nothing more really. It also isn't a requirement to be a "Christian" just to believe in some sort of higher power. Most of the Masons I know are about as 'religious' as I am. :shrug:

My husband is a Freemason. There isn't anything sinister about it at all. It's a Fraternity (boys club) that is designed to help people and each other, nothing more really. It also isn't a requirement to be a "Christian" just to believe in some sort of higher power. Most of the Masons I know are about as 'religious' as I am. :shrug:

Yep, pretty much. I have a relative who is a Mason and that's pretty much what he said too back in the day when I asked him out of curiosity, and I've got no reason to doubt him. I remember when he said that, later on my aunt was all like "Omg the Masons are actually in on a conspiracy but they cover it up by saying they aren't" and I remember thinking that she was just being stupid and conspiratorial. Of course I never told her that I thought that way, but even back then I could see that the whole Freemason conspiracy thing was bunk. From what I hear being a Mason is good for finding business opportunities in the professional world, plus they have that whole Shriners thing which does a lot of good. :)

A lot of that stuff is bullshit I would imagine. Now, I haven't read Dan Brown but people keep telling me that I need to for some reason. :scratch::lmao:

Dan Brown is light fun entertainment to watch/read when you're bored but he gets a lot of historical information about Christianity flat out wrong and sometimes the plot makes little sense. I still don't get why Dan Brown thinks that proving Jesus had kids is proof that he wasn't divine.

A lot of that stuff is bullshit I would imagine. Now, I haven't read Dan Brown but people keep telling me that I need to for some reason. :scratch::lmao:

Dan Brown is light fun entertainment to watch/read when you're bored but he gets a lot of historical information about Christianity flat out wrong and sometimes the plot makes little sense. I still don't get why Dan Brown thinks that proving Jesus had kids is proof that he wasn't divine.

Oh yeah, I heard about the whole "Jesus had kids thing" from somewhere on the net. What I find even more amusing is that the Catholic Church got it's panties all in a wad when Dan Brown wrote his book The Da Vinci Code. I mean, for crying out loud people, it's in the fiction section, roflmao.

Oh yeah, and according to Dan Brown, the Priory of Sion is a real organization, like huh?

Sounds like bullshit to me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priory_of_Sion

Lol.

Between 1961 and 1984, Plantard contrived a mythical pedigree for the Priory of Sion claiming that it was the offshoot of a real Roman Catholic religious order housed in the Abbey of Sion, which had been founded in the Kingdom of Jerusalem during the First Crusade in 1099 and later absorbed by the Jesuits in 1617. The mistake is often made that this Abbey of Sion was a Priory of Sion, but there is a difference between an abbey and a priory.[14] Calling his original 1956 group "Priory of Sion" presumably gave Plantard the later idea to claim that his organization had been historically founded by crusading knight Godfrey of Bouillon on Mount Zion near Jerusalem during the Middle Ages.[5]

Rofl, that shit's pretty out there.

The documents claimed that the Priory of Sion and the Knights Templar were two fronts of one unified organization with the same leadership until 1188.[1]

Wow, that's hilarious.

Furthermore, in their 1987 sequel The Messianic Legacy,[49] Lincoln, Baigent and Leigh suggested that there was a current conflict between the Priory of Sion and the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, which they speculated might have originated from an earlier rivalry between the Knights Templar and Knights Hospitaller during the Crusades. However, for the dramatic structure of The Da Vinci Code, Brown chose the controversial Roman Catholic prelature Opus Dei as the Assassini-like nemesis of the Priory of Sion, despite the fact that no author had ever argued that there is a conflict between these two groups.

The idea that the Knights Templar and SMOM are at war is silly, as they are both thoroughly Catholic.

Here is SMOM: http://www.orderofmalta.org/site/struttura.asp?idlingua=5

Here is the Knights Templar (as I have already shown in this thread): http://www.ordo-militiae-templi.org/starten.htm

Doesn't appear like they are at war to me. Hehe.

Oh btw:

http://www.pagrandcommandery.org/index.html

That's a masonic Knight's Templar thingy. Look at that picture! Some old dude with a funny white plumed hat :grin: . Haha, I remember the Knights of Columbus wearing funny white plumed hats :close: . That and SMOM whenever they would roll through a Church.

That would explain why my father and grandfather tried to get me interested in it when I started attending confirmation classes as a teenager. I asked them both what the Masons were about and they both said they could not tell me until I became a member.

So, a real Mason wouldn't reveal what their secrets are to a paranormal program and the Mason guy this paranormal program interviewed would most likely be full of it and not a real Mason?

That would explain why my father and grandfather tried to get me interested in it when I started attending confirmation classes as a teenager. I asked them both what the Masons were about and they both said they could not tell me until I became a member.

So, a real Mason wouldn't reveal what their secrets are to a paranormal program and the Mason guy this paranormal program interviewed would most likely be full of it and not a real Mason?

I guess, although I was tempted in my younger days to join, climb the ranks, then spill the beans to the world. I never had the patience do go through the whole thing though...but I thought about it.