Goodbye Jesus

Angel Sightngs And Experiences

Anti-Christian

So I am going to make the entry post brief as this isn't intended for a formal debate mind you. This is my current general theological issue I am troubling with. I know some christians sincerely believed they had angel, and possibly demon, experiences and sightings, which can be used as convincing evidence supporting their religious views that their biblegod exists. Let's start with a webpage containing stories from angel experiences. http://paranormal.about.com/od/angels/a/aa122004.htm

This subject dawned on me, and makes me wonder, and confused!

So I am going to make the entry post brief as this isn't intended for a formal debate mind you. This is my current general theological issue I am troubling with. I know some christians sincerely believed they had angel, and possibly demon, experiences and sightings, which can be used as convincing evidence supporting their religious views that their biblegod exists. Let's start with a webpage containing stories from angel experiences. http://paranormal.about.com/od/angels/a/aa122004.htm

This subject dawned on me, and makes me wonder, and confused!

I dunno. Angels only appear to those who believe in them. Angles appear to anyone interested in geometry.

When my mom was in a car accident ages ago, where she almost died, she claims to have heard them but she wasn't able to see them. Does this count? I'm going to stick it into the whole "choir of the heavenly host" type of thing. I imagine she heard something (or firmly believes she heard something) but it was all in her head (obviously).

She tends to NOT enjoy my take on the incident (since I wasn't even born yet) but rather enjoys her first hand experience with matters having to do with <spooky voice>what lies beyond</spooky voice> ;).

mwc

When I was like 8 or something I saw a man walk from room to room in my house one night. I don't know if he was an angel or not, but I don't think it really matters to me anymore. He didn't help me, protect me or really do anything but walk.

I have seen 'people' that aren't actually there while driving. I doubt that they are angels because I've almost wrecked trying to swerve to avoid hitting them. But you know, god works in mysterious ways, maybe he's trying to make me wreck so that I can say what a miracle it was that I lived! (that's a knee-slapper) But yeah, these experiences are extremely real in the mind of the one who saw the 'angel'. But it shouldn't be used as evidence to convince someone of christianity.

Saw Tom Cruise in my doorway while waking this morning.

1. Scientology is real

2. Tom is an Angel of some kind, but I'm not gay for him.

3. I secretly want to be famous, good looking and self-assured like he is.

4. It was a hypnogogic hallucination which happens to millions of humans every single fucking day.

Angels are the Christian fairies, just as aliens are the fairies and angels of today.