Goodbye Jesus

Toddler Preacher

Moxie

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

It's the Marjoe scenario. This kid is being coached and emotionally abused into doing this.

Already speaking in tongues at such a young age? Praisalujah!

OK, on a more serious note, this is a bit disturbing. Evidently the kid is just mimicking the pastor (possibly his father?), but what gets me is that people in the congregation are praising Jesus as if this is something spiritual! How the hell can anyone be THAT ignorant?! Even when I was a brainwashed believer, I wouldn't have gotten into this "sermon" and would have considered it foolish to have the child up there doing that.

Isn't there supposed to be an age of reason?

I'm guessing it's as soon as they start imitating their elders.

One of the best televangelists I've ever seen. The kid is gifted. Totally buries Swaggert, Roberts, and Benny Hinn.

Finally, a preacher that makes sense.

Sounds more like that kid is spittin' satanic death metal lyrics. Someone needs to remix that video into a metal music video.

Xians never reach it.

mwc

One of the best televangelists I've ever seen. The kid is gifted. Totally buries Swaggert, Roberts, and Benny Hinn.

Finally, a preacher that makes sense.

Is his diaper filled with the Holy Spirit?

Several thoughts come to mind;

-Disgusting.

-Just a kid playing around.

-His parent should be arrested for child abuse.

-Imagine a toddler suicide bomber, how is that different than a toddler preacher.

-This is possibly the next great TV preacher.

• 3 weeks later...

The little one is just pointing out that Christian preachers spout unintelligible gibberish.

The kid's just playing monkey-see monkey-do. And is likely smarter than the congregation praising his play as a great revelation. Though playing likely pleases whatever divine thingy more than misery.

I just hope he punks out on his parents, pierces his face and gets a boyfriend. That would be hilarious.

I am just deeply grieved when kids are subjected to this kind of indoctrination. Deeply, deeply grieved. Why can't they leave the kids alone? My wife divorced me after I became an atheist. Our kids were still small and she asked me if I would teach the kids to become atheists. I replied that I would teach them to think for themselves and that choices of a religious nature (or any choices for that matter) should be left to them provided they acquire rational thinking skills.

Fortunately, reason triumphed over faith and both my kids became atheists in time. And yes, I guess it was technically my fault for teaching them autonomous critical thought, but I never taught them to be atheists.

Critical thinking seeks the humble acquisition of knowledge while religion seeks the arrogant propagation of dogma.

Critical thinking seeks the humble acquisition of knowledge while religion seeks the arrogant propagation of dogma.

I like that! It's a concise way of differentiating critical thought from religion. Nicely put.

I like that! It's a concise way of differentiating critical thought from religion. Nicely put.

Agreed. In fact, I just decided to start a list of good sayings like that, so that's the first one I put on the list.

Agreed. In fact, I just decided to start a list of good sayings like that, so that's the first one I put on the list.

Here's another one I just made up: Religion sucks, and religious people are suckers.

Here's another one I just made up: Religion sucks, and religious people are suckers.

Haha, that's a good one. Not quite the sort of route I was intending for my list to take, but I put it on there anyway. Hell, maybe we should start a thread for sayings.

Haha, that's a good one. Not quite the sort of route I was intending for my list to take, but I put it on there anyway. Hell, maybe we should start a thread for sayings.

I should have said I was just kidding. There are some really insightful and brilliant comments made on this board, I would concur that a separate thread (pinned preferrably) to paste those remarks we think rise above the average would be welcome. I might even take it upon myself to scrounge through previous threads to identify those comments that are not only worth saving, but worth carving into stone.

Deeply, deeply grieved. Why can't they leave the kids alone? My wife divorced me after I became an atheist.

Because when they were young they were indoctrinated to believe that if they didn't believe correctly they would be tortured forever, now they believe that if they don't do the same to their children, they might suffer that same fate, this is why they must indoctrinate the children, and it in my honest opinion, this is one of the most tragic aspects of religion.

Must brainwash the young to perpetuate the evil and the lie.

Some famous guy (I forget who) said, "Give me the child and I'll give you the man." - or something like that.

I've been collecting things like this that come up in conversations. As an author I'm often invited to debate both theists and atheists alike, and often get some really cool punchy lines coming up. After I get home I type them up for future reference.

You may like these:

Calling atheism a kind of religion is like calling not-stamp collecting a kind of hobby. (Got this one from another forum)

Science seeks to draw a conclusion from the evidence at hand, while religion seeks to find evidence for a conclusion at hand.

Well would you look at that? That's Rosemary's baby!

Some famous guy (I forget who) said, "Give me the child and I'll give you the man." - or something like that.

That is a Jesuit saying, from Francis Xavier, founder of the order.