Goodbye Jesus

A Paper I Wrote On Christianity For College

Guest Valk0010

What you think. I think it is kind of crappy

Thoughts

Actually, I think it's pretty good. I admit I didn't read every word (please forgive me), but the introduction, some of the middle that I read, and the conclusion were all well written (although there are some grammatical changes I would make).

I take it you didn't write this as a Christian. The admission of oral history, credulity, and the material on the development of mythology don't mesh well with a supernatural cause for Christianity, although you do seem to be sensitive to those who claim a supernatural cause for Christianity.

I was expecting a theological interpretation of Christianity with the usual apologetic explanations for why it spread so rapidly and became the dominant religion of the west, so I'm biased in the sense that I was "pleasantly surprized" by the material.

I appreciate you for sharing the paper with us. When things settle down today, I plan to read it.

• 2 years later...

Thoughts

I will read this .......after i listen to all my H asked me to listen to.......which is all the discs and parts of Kent Howard vs Hugh Ross........

Guest Valk0010

Thoughts

I will read this .......after i listen to all my H asked me to listen to.......which is all the discs and parts of Kent Howard vs Hugh Ross........

Are you sure you don't mean kent hovind? Hugh Ross is a old age creationist, and Kent Hovind is Young earth creationist. That isn't exactly a evolution vs creationism debate.

DONT. EVER. LISTEN. TO. HOVIND.

There are no words to describe.

• Like 1

Guest Valk0010

the idiocy of him

I tried listening to a lecture of his, the stupid was like nails on a chalkboard.

Thoughts

i tried to read this......but, don't have office whatever..........couldn't open it.......can you send to my emal?

Thoughts

Are you sure you don't mean kent hovind? Hugh Ross is a old age creationist, and Kent Hovind is Young earth creationist. That isn't exactly a evolution vs creationism debate.

yes Kent Hovind

Guest Valk0010

Thoughts

yes Kent Hovind

I try to be a open minded person. I couldn't get through 5 minutes of kent hovind giving a lecture because made about 5 different bad logic errors and errors that only a person who has never had a astronomy class ever could make. He is a idiot of the highest order. But don't take my word for it. But I recommend learning some basic things like how stars are formed and what the big bang is or isn't. What is actually evolution according to actual biologist before you go and look at Kent Hovind. And your a win win either way. If you find that Kent Hovind is a fool then great, if you think he is on the money then you know the arguments of the other side very well.

Guest Valk0010

Thoughts

i tried to read this......but, don't have office whatever..........couldn't open it.......can you send to my emal?

On second thought it might be best that I don't send it too you. I just read back over it as I was considering posting it here. And there are alot of conclusions in it that I don't neccesarily accept now. Its been along time since i read it. And I found it confusing since it was the first time I have read it in ages. So it might not be of much help for someone in your suitation.

Thoughts

i couldn't open this .........i need office something , which I guess I dont have without buying it.....argggggggg...........sorry.....would haveloved to readit xx

Hope you're doing OK, Valk, and look forward to your being back on here.

Thoughts

i tried to open this ........my computer wouldn't let me..........need office somthing.......arg

Thoughts

i tried to open this ........my computer wouldn't let me..........need office somthing.......arg

Download OpenOffice or LibreOffice. They're free. Google 'em.

If you have a Gmail account, you can open documents like that via Google Documents. No software required except a browser.

• 3 months later...

Or Open Office, or Libre Office... can read Office docs and save in Office formats too. Love that freeware.

• 5 weeks later...

I think the paper needs more work. The writing is not really inviting, it feels a bit heavy - and not by relying on difficult vocabulary, but by simply having a slightly immature feel to it. In addition, it seems the reasoning sometimes omits important steps.

I think the paper needs more work. The writing is not really inviting, it feels a bit heavy - and not by relying on difficult vocabulary, but by simply having a slightly immature feel to it. In addition, it seems the reasoning sometimes omits important steps.

This was posted in 2010. Valk is not on the forum anymore.

Oh, I only looked at the dating of the most recent previous post, which was early december last year. Sorry for inconvenient thread-necromancy.