Goodbye Jesus

Youtube Comments Exchange With Believer

Citsonga

I sometimes get a kick out of exchanges with believers in YouTube comments. A christian with the user name bloodocean07 was asked who told him of Jesus, and after his response I jumped into the conversation. My YouTube user name is dtrylz, and here is how the conversation between us has been going:

bloodocean07:

growing up around people at my church who know the Truth

dtrylz:

In other words, before you were old enough to evaluate claims, you were indoctrinated with dogma. That's one of the biggest problems with religion.

If you had grown up in another religious environment and indoctrinated in their dogma, you would consider that the "Truth." But it's just as much unfounded dogma as your christian faith is.

Do you really think it's merely coincidental that most people adopt the religion that they are raised with?

bloodocean07:

i wasn't indoctrinated with dogma. i know that Jesus Is the Way, The Truth and the Light. How can you not believe? Look at everything around you and the Prophecy of The Bible. It's all coming to pass and Jesus will Return.

dtrylz:

Yes you were indoctrinated with dogma. I was too and for years believed exactly what you say. However, studying the Bible and thinking rationally showed me that it's not true.

Speaking of prophecies, here's a challenge for you. Go through the Gospels, and every time you see something claimed to be a fulfillment of prophecy, look up the original OT text are read it IN CONTEXT to see what it is REALLY about. If you're reasonable and honest, you'll be surprised by what you find.

bloodocean07:

no i wasn't. i know in my heart what is true. So you are Aware of Jesus and still have thoughts in your mind about Him, right? That means you know about Him. Jesus wants you to come back and serve Him.

dtrylz:

Take the challenge I gave you. Look at the so-called prophetic fulfillments in the Gospels and look up the original OT texts and read them IN CONTEXT to see what they were about.

If you have the guts to take the challenge, think about this: If the Gospel writers had a true story worth believing, they wouldn't have any need to beef it up by taking OT texts out of context in order to fabricate prophetic fulfillments, would they?

Now, stop preaching until you've done your homework.

bloodocean07:

no thanx. ill stick to what i know best and serve the Lord, my God, Jesus Christ

dtrylz:

Fine, if you're too chicken to take a challenge that should only strengthen your faith if you're correct, then that tells me enough about you and your beliefs.

Enjoy your delusion.

bloodocean07:

im not delusioned. but when the end times come, you and every other atheist and non-believer that Jesus Is Lord will perish in Hell. But until then, i will pray that you come to the Lord and give your life to Him so you can live in paradise for all eternity with Him. Jesus Loves You.

dtrylz:

When I used to believe all that stuff, I didn't realize I was deluded either.

The difference between you and me is that when I was a Christian my faith was strong enough that I didn't fear examining the Bible. I was convinced that it was absolute truth and that there was nothing to fear from scrutiny.

You, however, don't seem to have a strong enough faith to scrutinize the Bible. Or else you're just too lazy to really study it.

Have a nice life....

This was under Lovingdoubt's video "An Atheist's Letter to God"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm6S0EFCNUY&feature=email

Silly Christian, don't you know you are not allowed to watch Metalocalypse, much less adult swim. I'm surprised I didn't see a whole lot of text speak.

I sometimes get a kick out of exchanges with believers in YouTube comments. A christian with the user name bloodocean07 was asked who told him of Jesus, and after his response I jumped into the conversation. My YouTube user name is dtrylz, and here is how the conversation between us has been going:

I did this for my own personal amusement for a time. It was pretty entertaining, but it eventually got old, and became a circle that didn't end.

You might like this topic I made on the subject a while back. The Stupid It Burns!

It's a collection of gems of wisdom I pulled off of arguments I had from Christians while arguing on Youtube comments with them.

Fair warning, a lot of them are reeeaaallly stupid. Not for the easily offended or sensitive. It's powerful stupid stuff.

Still, good for a chuckle if you take it in the right context.

im not delusioned. but when the end times come, you and every other atheist and non-believer that Jesus Is Lord will perish in Hell. But until then, i will pray that you come to the Lord and give your life to Him so you can live in paradise for all eternity with Him. Jesus Loves You.

Don't you just love how they're NOT delusional, yet are willing to 'lovingly' follow such a hateful faith! Alright bloodocean07, thanks for the heads up! *Hitler salute* "And vee shall burn in zee pits of hell, as you are stuck slaving avay serving your ever-loving, all-forgiving, hateful god for all eternity!"

You might like this topic I made on the subject a while back. The Stupid It Burns!

Thanks! I took a look and there's some really crazy shit there. So crazy, in fact, that I couldn't even get through the whole post, though I did read the majority of it.

Don't you just love how they're NOT delusional, yet are willing to 'lovingly' follow such a hateful faith! Alright bloodocean07, thanks for the heads up! *Hitler salute* "And vee shall burn in zee pits of hell, as you are stuck slaving avay serving your ever-loving, all-forgiving, hateful god for all eternity!"

Haha, yeah, I guess I should have called him/her on that, but I already had my focus on the prophecy stuff.

It's always kinda funny to see people try to witness to me with such poor arguments even after I tell them that I've studied the bible and I give them a challenge to study something in the bible which they show no interest in doing.

As Contra said, "The Stupid! It Burns!" LOL

I fucking hate how blatantly stupid some of these people are. I was just in another forum where some idiot was celebrating how illogical Christianity is. Here's a quote from this idiot:

EXACTLY!!!!! evidence is not part of faith brother! that's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! man the fact that God is not rational or logical or any of those things, is the best thing that ever happened to me! i am SO GLAD that i do not have the responsibility of deciding what is true and what is not. i am thankful that God has already done that for me. cause you know, i would COMPLETELY screw that up.....

I would say he's trolling but I've seen him around the forums enough to believe that he genuinely revels in his stupidity. There's another moron over there who freely admits he hasn't even read the Bible, but goes around with the most disgusting, arrogant, condescending tone. I wish these people's computers would blow up.

Haha, yeah, I guess I should have called him/her on that, but I already had my focus on the prophecy stuff.

I see that someone has now called bloodocean07 out on that, and check out his/her stupid reply:

michalchik:

In one paragraph you manage to say Jesus loves you and he will send you to hell to suffer eternally in an infinite amount of pain for the crime of not believing without evidence. If I tortured my children with fire forever because they simply did not believ I was telling the truth, would I be a loving parent?

You have been so deeply brainwashed that you don't even know what love and justice are.

bloodocean07:

no im not brainwashed. i have faith in Jesus Christ. Faith is believing in things yet not seen. faith is believing in things that have yet to come to pass. faith is grabbing a whole lot on nothing and turning it into something.

Well, at least I can say "AMEN!" to that definition of faith! LMAO! :lmao:

As a side note, bloodocean07 hasn't replied to me anymore.

OK, I just posted this reply to bloodocean07's last comment:

dtrylz:

bloodocean07 ~ "faith is grabbing a whole lot on nothing and turning it into something."

AMEN! Now take a moment to seriously think about the logical implications of what you just said.

On second thought, though, I should have worded it differently: "Quite true! Faith is indeed making something out of nothing!"

I would say he's trolling but I've seen him around the forums enough to believe that he genuinely revels in his stupidity. There's another moron over there who freely admits he hasn't even read the Bible, but goes around with the most disgusting, arrogant, condescending tone. I wish these people's computers would blow up.

Christian: The bible is God's pure speaking to man. It's words are both spirit and life. His very breath. Its perfection marks it out as being wholly different from any merely human work.

Athiest: So, have you ever, actually bothered to read it?

Christian: No.

Fuck, if the bible lived up to even half of christianity's claims about it, you'd think that Joe Christian could forgoe watching Lost one night a week in order to read a chapter.

EXACTLY!!!!! evidence is not part of faith brother! that's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! man the fact that God is not rational or logical or any of those things, is the best thing that ever happened to me! i am SO GLAD that i do not have the responsibility of deciding what is true and what is not. i am thankful that God has already done that for me. cause you know, i would COMPLETELY screw that up.....

I would say he's trolling but I've seen him around the forums enough to believe that he genuinely revels in his stupidity.

That quote alone does sound quite sarcastic, doesn't it? If this individual really believes that tripe, then I don't know what to say other than WOW!

OK, I just posted this reply to bloodocean07's last comment:

dtrylz:

bloodocean07 ~ "faith is grabbing a whole lot on nothing and turning it into something."

AMEN! Now take a moment to seriously think about the logical implications of what you just said.

Further replies:

bloodocean07:

what i said is true

dtrylz:

Didn't you notice that I agreed with you?

You basically said that faith is making something out of NOTHING, to which I said AMEN!

But, hey, if making something out of NOTHING chugs your choochoo, have at it.

Of course, this discussion is obviously getting nowhere. This person clearly doesn't know how to think for him/herself.

Christian: The bible is God's pure speaking to man. It's words are both spirit and life. His very breath. Its perfection marks it out as being wholly different from any merely human work.

Athiest: So, have you ever, actually bothered to read it?

Christian: No.

Fuck, if the bible lived up to even half of christianity's claims about it, you'd think that Joe Christian could forgoe watching Lost one night a week in order to read a chapter.

"Consumer Religion"

That's the beauty of it. No hard lifting, I mean "thinking" required, all the answers are distilled down into a baby formula, and now we just drink it down. I've seen this profile over and over again; there is no point in studying the Bible, nor would it matter. Whatever is being offered as the latest form of popular thought, popular doctrine, and so on, is fine with "me".

That's pretty well it.

"Consumer Religion"

That's the beauty of it. No hard lifting, I mean "thinking" required, all the answers are distilled down into a baby formula, and now we just drink it down. I've seen this profile over and over again; there is no point in studying the Bible, nor would it matter. Whatever is being offered as the latest form of popular thought, popular doctrine, and so on, is fine with "me".

That's pretty well it.

I know. What gets me the most about this is that, this an issue which is supposed to have a person's eternal destiny on the line. You'd think that people would care enough to actually look into what they actually believe, if only to see whether or not they had been led astray.