Goodbye Jesus

Dear Jayzus, Bless Us With The Perfect House

Guest GoneAway

Guest ephymeris

So I discovered today my realtor is a super fundy....omg. O_o She's nice but she's so oblivious that anyone else might have a different world view. She just assumes my husband and I are christians too. There was a pretty awkward moment in the car when she told me a story that expressed her own twisted views on homosexuality and outed her as a homophobe and I had to put my foot down and say "Just so you know, I don't have any problem with homosexuals" which is something I never thought I'd say to a realtor...the whole thing has been kind of awkward but also very fun times making eyes at my husband when she says crazy shit.

So I discovered today my realtor is a super fundy....omg. O_o She's nice but she's so oblivious that anyone else might have a different world view. She just assumes my husband and I are christians too. There was a pretty awkward moment in the car when she told me a story that expressed her own twisted views on homosexuality and outed her as a homophobe and I had to put my foot down and say "Just so you know, I don't have any problem with homosexuals" which is something I never thought I'd say to a realtor...the whole thing has been kind of awkward but also very fun times making eyes at my husband when she says crazy shit.

Is it time to change your location in your profile?

I've had awkward moments like that too. We were invited to dinner to a couple, and during the conversation the wife made some derogatory remarks about atheists, assuming that we were conservative Christians like them. I made no comment--it was their house after all. Needless to say, it was the last and only time we met them.

Isn't amazing how hateful Christians are when they make those kinds of comments?

Its like when Christians tell me to have no girls over my house, not knowing I am gay. I always reply that I won't, but they are blithely unaware that of the all male orgy that will take place when they leave.

So that's life in the Bible Belt? They're free to run their mouths about this shit regardless the (professional) context?

So that's life in the Bible Belt? They're free to run their mouths about this shit regardless the (professional) context?

Basically. Alabama was like that, entirely. Underhanded racist comments were acceptable, as well as overt religious bigotry and conservative political prejudice. It was always assumed you were christian and republican, like them. Which is why I started openly wearing a pentagram pretty early in my deconversion. I just can't handle people assuming I'm a complete idiot like them.

Christians almost can't help but being bigoted assholes. I cringe when I visit my family/relatives for any length of time at the vileness they spew all with a happy Jesus loving smile.

Funny how those who claim to be so loving are such assholes.

Guest ephymeris

Yeah, it was pretty awkward. :twitch: I just don't cover up how I feel without being offensive and confrontational myself. I can only control how I act and feel, her twisted religious beliefs are her problem. She did find the perfect house for us so....yeah, it's simply a mutually beneficial professional relationship. I would prefer to keep personal information out of the equation!

Basically. Alabama was like that, entirely. Underhanded racist comments were acceptable, as well as overt religious bigotry and conservative political prejudice. It was always assumed you were christian and republican, like them. Which is why I started openly wearing a pentagram pretty early in my deconversion. I just can't handle people assuming I'm a complete idiot like them.

Right now I'm in my office in Las Vegas, Nevada. I'm looking through the window at the glowing neon of the Strip that can be seen from 600 miles away by airline pilots. And I am thanking Bugsy Siegel, Moe Dalitz, Howard Hughes, Oscar Goodman, Wayne Newton, and last but not least, Frank, Dino, Joey, Jerry, and Sammy...

...in the same way that I used to thank Jesus.