Goodbye Jesus

Hi

OrdinaryClay

Hi, I'm a devout Christian. I was invited here by a former Christian(now atheist). I'll engage in different discussions on and off as time permits. Since there was no introductory forum I thought I would at least offer a minimal introduction.

Cheers ...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OrdinaryClay

• Vixentrox

• Shyone

• Brakeman

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome OrdinaryClay (is OC OK? Bit quicker to type). :thanks:

Is there anything about us and/or the site you're curious about?

If I may ask, would you be able to provide a brief summary of your beliefs (I know that seem a bit loaded, but we get a lot of variants)? I studied religion in college and am always curious as to the beliefs of others and what forms their views.

Hope your time here is enjoyable and engaging,

:thanks:

Hi, Sure.

I'm an orthodox/conservative(theologically not politically) protestant Christian. This should say a lot right there. I first felt a strong draw to God when I was 12. I would engage in prayer in my room. At the time our family was not particularly religious. I made a public acceptance of Christ at 16. I should say, I'm not in a state of doubt regarding my faith. I've been a Christian for a very long time. ;) I've asked myself all the hard questions and personally feel very comfortable in my belief.

Hope this helps ... :)

So how's worshiping a butchering monster that orders his faithful to commit genocide and rip open the bellies of pregnant women working for you then?

So how's worshiping a butchering monster that orders his faithful to commit genocide and rip open the bellies of pregnant women working for you then?

What is vixentrox?

Guest Babylonian Dream

Don't go at em too soft!

Welcome! Do you have any questions that plague you that no one can answer about your faith?

I was once a Baptist Fundamentalist. I know all about those conservative/fundamentalist/etc.... religions first hand.

What is vixentrox?

That's your god if you are a Christian. If you were a Christian a long time you should know these things.

Don't go at em too soft!

:lol: Thanks, but don't worry to much. I've spent a lot of time in "The Lion's Den" (metaphorically speaking of course) so there is not much I have not heard.

Welcome! Do you have any questions that plague you that no one can answer about your faith?

No.

I was once a Baptist Fundamentalist. I know all about those conservative/fundamentalist/etc.... religions first hand.

Me too. ;)

What is vixentrox?

That's your god if you are a Christian. If you were a Christian a long time you should know these things.

I don't understand. I'm sorry if I should know, but I don't. Ca you explain the meaning of ventronix, and your understanding of its relationship to Christianity.

So you approve of genocide and ripping pregnant women open? How about rape? Your god endorsed that too.

What is vixentrox?

I don't understand. I'm sorry if I should know, but I don't. Ca you explain the meaning of ventronix, and your understanding of its relationship to Christianity.

What? Don't you know your own holy book?

So you approve of genocide and ripping pregnant women open? How about rape? Your god endorsed that too.

So does this mean you only get to ask me questions, and I can not ask you questions?

Guest Babylonian Dream

So does this mean you only get to ask me questions, and I can not ask you questions?

You can ask him questions, just answer his. You need help finding verses, I can help:

1 Samuel 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Approval of rape over homesexuality (the whole story of Lot and his daughters)

I'd like to hear his apologia on the Tower Of Babel!

Oh and why John the baptist couldn't free himself by his faith, nor could Jesus raise him from the dead.

We have sooooo many questions!!!

You can ask him questions, just answer his.

Will he answer?

We have sooooo many questions!!!

So do I. I'll ask them in another thread.

Seems only fair that I should be able to ask in proportion to being asked. Don't you think?

Guest Babylonian Dream

Will he answer?

He may if you answer what he asked you first, but I'm not his boss.

Do you believe that raping virgin girls is better than homosexuality?

OC, are you a young earth creationist?

No.I believe the scientific method.

Assuming you will ask the natural followup questions, the best way to describe my position on biological evolution on earth is Theistic Evolution with caveats. My caveats originate from some of the ideas put forward by ID proponents and in the area of the OOL.

Will he answer?

He may if you answer what he asked you first, but I'm not his boss.

So I guess this is where I'm supposed to say, "maybe I'll answer if he answers." Or how about, "how do I know he'll answer if I answer?" :lol:

Assuming you will ask the natural followup questions, the best way to describe my position on biological evolution on earth is Theistic Evolution with caveats. My caveats originate from some of the ideas put forward by ID proponents and in the area of the OOL.

Actually I was planning on approaching it from a more theistic point of view. Genesis 1:30 states:

"30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so."

This line implies that before the fall, there was no death in the world. What is your take on it? Was there death in the world before the fall?

Hi and Welcome to the board.

Sorry you stumbled into the Lion's Den right off.

I hope you get out with all your bits. :wicked:

I've asked myself all the hard questions and personally feel very comfortable in my belief.

All of them? That's a huge statement. How do you know that you have asked yourself all of the hard questions? Is there a list somewhere, did God reveal it to you, or do you have some mental powers where you can discern the totality of all possible hard questions about God? I'm just wondering.

But if it's hyperbole, then you're not being completely honest, and truly, it's a form of lying.

So which is it?

Well, hell, that's no fun. Of course, the purpose of these questions is to determine your level of ignorance and gullibility. Please don't take them personally.

Do you handle snakes? Drink poison (other than moonshine)?

Do you talk in tongues? Get slain in the spirit? Do you have the gift of prophecy?