Goodbye Jesus

What Came 'before' The Big Bang? The Big Suck?

Snakefoot

String theorists Neil Turok of Cambridge University and Paul Steinhardt, Albert Einstein Professor in Science and Director of the Princeton Center for Theoretical Science at Princeton believe that the cosmos we live in was actually created by the cyclical trillion-year collision of two universes that were attracted toward each other by the leaking of gravity out of one of the universes "sucking" the other toward it.

More here...

So who sucked? God.

:lmao:

So who sucked? God.

:Doh:

Sorry. Couldn't help it. :grin:

Thanks for the link btw.

Sorry. Couldn't help it. :grin:

Thanks for the link btw.

I figured this is one of the few internet watering holes with enough intelligent people to appreciate it. Fascinating stuff.

The views of cosmologists are indeed changing. Much of the data concerning the current state of the universe is inconsistent with older theories.

It really is beginning to look like the allegory of the 6 blind men examining the elephant.

The views of cosmologists are indeed changing. Much of the data concerning the current state of the universe is inconsistent with older theories.

It really is beginning to look like the allegory of the 6 blind men examining the elephant.

Achmed, that is not the trunk!

Achmed, that is not the trunk!

:funny:

Q: What is the difference between a mailbox and an elephant's rear end ?????

A: Give up ? Well.........we're certainly not sending you out to mail any letters !

Anyway, that's a new twist on the Big bang thing, or what came before it. I suppose that eventually physicists will be able to recreate a micro-singularity in the lab. If they haven't already. For a while one of the theories was that the universe collapses upon itself after billions of years and when it reaches some absolute minimal state, explodes again.

So the universe is something like a short circuit. No wonder it's fucked up. Somebody should fix the insulation on those branes, so it doesn't happen again.

Oh stop it, my brane hertz.

Oh stop it, my brane hertz.

You are so bad. :3:

That's what she said.

:HaHa:

That's what she said.

:HaHa:

It's a standing joke from my kids right now. If anyone makes a statement that could be interpreted a bit different, they exclaim: "that's what she said!"

But you probably know this already...

Here I go again. Over-explaining things...

It's a standing joke from my kids right now. If anyone makes a statement that could be interpreted a bit different, they exclaim: "that's what she said!"

But you probably know this already...

Here I go again. Over-explaining things...

Family Guy episode, Brian and Stewie assembling something or other, reading instructions:

Brian: Okay, place rod A into slot B.

Stewie: That's what she...

Brian: If you say "That's what she said" one more time I'm going to pop you.

I haven't seen that episode. I love Family Guy, but have no time to catch up.

Guest Babylonian Dream

2 things, 1: interesting article.

2: No wonder the universe is so f***ed up, its the result of a collision. It figures. :lmao:

Heheh, good one!

Which means that God is not only the first cause, he's also the first sucker. :HaHa:

No, wait, maybe that was Abraham? :scratch:

Heheh, good one!

Which means that God is not only the first cause, he's also the first sucker. :HaHa:

No, wait, maybe that was Abraham? :scratch:

Somebody's on a roll. :HaHa:

Aside from the jokes, the Milky Way galaxy is on a collision course with Andromeda. Since Andromeda is the bigger galaxy, we are going to be melded into it.