Goodbye Jesus

The Miracle Of Birth

dB-Paradox

Well, we already know the penis is the serpent, that ancient dragon...peeking in and out every once in a while....

And it has its own free will.

Oh yeah! LOL!

Dragon? I thought it was more like a turtle...lol

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shyone

• Ouroboros

• NotBlinded

• dB-Paradox

If birth is such a miracle, and if the hymen and all of this are some symbolic link by God to Jesus and salvation, then it applies to the rest of nature as well. Wouldn't dogs giving birth be a miracle as well and serving as a symbol for Jesus and salvation? And birds with their eggs, frogs and their eggs, worms, insects, ...

If birth is such a miracle, and if the hymen and all of this are some symbolic link by God to Jesus and salvation, then it applies to the rest of nature as well. Wouldn't dogs giving birth be a miracle as well and serving as a symbol for Jesus and salvation? And birds with their eggs, frogs and their eggs, worms, insects, ...

The OP was why would we think of God when witnessing chilbirth....

The OP was why would we think of God when witnessing chilbirth....

Well, having delivered enough babies to know about myself at least, I never thought of God even when I believed. It was more like, "How is that head going to fit through that hole?" and "eewwww, what a mess," and "I hope I don't screw up when I sew up her episiotomy."

But it wasn't my child, or my wife, and I was interested in a good outcome for others, not the "miracle of birth" as a unique phenomenon.

Well, having delivered enough babies to know about myself at least, I never thought of God even when I believed. It was more like, "How is that head going to fit through that hole?" and "eewwww, what a mess," and "I hope I don't screw up when I sew up her episiotomy."

Yea verily doc.

But it wasn't my child, or my wife, and I was interested in a good outcome for others, not the "miracle of birth" as a unique phenomenon.

My mom described it as "hard work", my sister described it as "just really bad menstrual cramps" (she's a real champ, no drugs or anything), I know one woman who had a baby with a really really big head, and she said "man, he had a big ol' noggin. Then the body came out like POP! Yeah, that's probably gonna be my last kid." Then she REALLY embarrassed him by trying to show us how big his skull is, describing his skull as "one nasty sucker I gotta tell you".

The only women I've heard describe it as anything good have been the orgasmic birth women and a handful of home and water birth types who describe it as "inspirational", not because it's like a god thing, but because they feel empowered as women.

If birth is supposed to be some kind of miracle thing, why is it only one or two people (dad and/or a friend or family member) get to experience it as a miracle, and anyone else involved, including someone as important in the situation as the mom, experience it as work, "ew!", "ow!", "meh" or severe pain that might result in death?