Goodbye Jesus

A " Fresh" Perspective On " Supernatural"?

Snakefoot

Invisible Extraterrestrials? One of World's Leading Physicist Says "They Could Exist in Forms We Can't Conceive"

The intriguing remark was made by Lord Martin Rees, a leading cosmologist and astrophysicist who is the president of Britain’s Royal Society and astronomer to the Queen of England. Rees, who last month hosted the National Science Academy’s first conference on the possibility of alien life, said he believes the existence of extra terrestrial life may be beyond human understanding.

“They could be staring us in the face and we just don’t recognize them. The problem is that we’re looking for something very much like us, assuming that they at least have something like the same mathematics and technology."

“I suspect there could be life and intelligence out there in forms we can’t conceive. Just as a chimpanzee can’t understand quantum theory, it could be there as aspects of reality that are beyond the capacity of our brains.”

During the conference entitled ‘The Detection of Extra-terrestrial Life and the Consequences for Science and Society’, Rees asked whether the discovery of aliens would cause terror or delight on earth, the Telegraph reported.

More here...

I've used the argument that aliens are more likely than "gods" and may account for "miracles" which was nothing more than technology. Not that I believe that aliens are actually visiting us but it's more plausible than some deity.

I've used the argument that aliens are more likely than "gods" and may account for "miracles" which was nothing more than technology. Not that I believe that aliens are actually visiting us but it's more plausible than some deity.

Bingo. In fact, it was that argument you posted in another thread with FeetOfClay that drew my attention to this article.

Take that, gawd-boy!

ETA: This reminds me of a Star Trek episode (the real Star Trek with Capt. James Tiberius Kirk) wherein an alien race "existed" at a rate so rapid that humans appeared almost inanimate to them, and they were invisible to humans--but the alien's actions and interactions were visible and "measurable."

Bingo. In fact, it was that argument you posted in another thread with FeetOfClay that drew my attention to this article.

Take that, gawd-boy!

ETA: This reminds me of a Star Trek episode (the real Star Trek with Capt. James Tiberius Kirk) wherein an alien race "existed" at a rate so rapid that humans appeared almost inanimate to them, and they were invisible to humans--but the alien's actions and interactions were visible and "measurable."

"Wink Of An Eye"

Thing is, advanced or different, certain facts remain in that they are bound by certain scientific principles like we are. Hydrogen has one electron everywhere in the Universe, and chimps don't have to understand quantum physics to realize that "wow, those humans really think their hot shit with their Iphones, don't they?"

Take that, gawd-boy!

"Wink Of An Eye"

Thing is, advanced or different, certain facts remain in that they are bound by certain scientific principles like we are. Hydrogen has one electron everywhere in the Universe, and chimps don't have to understand quantum physics to realize that "wow, those humans really think their hot shit with their Iphones, don't they?"

I think we are on the same wavelength. Religionists (i.e. the ignorant and credulous) might call "supernatural" phenomena unexplainable by our current understanding of physics.