Goodbye Jesus

What A Fucking Bitch! Miss California Contestant...

wannabewise

My non-monetary bet is that she won't even make it into the pageant (she'll file a religious discrimination lawsuit because of it), and that she does have a sex tape where she is in a gang bang with 10 Mexicans.

I've seen in the news in the last day or two that Carrie Prejean is living with her boyfriend, who she is going to marry at some point. Amazing what a flake she is!

She's having sex outside of marriage? Stone her!

Wait a minute, What's the non-literal reading 1 Corinthians 11?

I was getting chapter 7 confused with chapter 11, but one could make the case that Paul's commandment about women wearing veils was culturally relative because he says if it would cause strife in your church, then it's not a required custom, but then that would mean acknowledging moral relativism and in fundamentalism, that's evil. At least that's what I think he's saying here:
Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head unveiled? 14Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair, it is degrading to him, 15but if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering. 16But if anyone is disposed to be contentious—we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God.

It's more than just acknowledging moral relativism, it's ignoring the beginning of the chapter, which ties head covering to how man was created.

6For if a woman does not cover her head, let her also have her hair cut off; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head.

7For a man ought not to have his head covered, since he is the (K)image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man.

8For (L)man does not originate from woman, but woman from man;

9for indeed man was not created for the woman's sake, but (M)woman for the man's sake.

10Therefore the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels.

She's having sex outside of marriage? Stone her!

But, but, that's old testament. Wait a minute :scratch:

Wow, I find it even dumber that the (gay) director defended this silly bint. Yes, she has a right to her own wrong opinion, but would (hypothetical) you REALLY want that kind of speech associated with something you're putting on?

Good job she picked BEFORE the nationals to start gnawing on her own metatarsals.

Girls twice as pretty as her are a dime a dozen here in Moscow and St Petersburg and they don't have the same snarky attitude. But then I hate the SoCal culture for the most part. Guess I have a Barton Fink thing going on.

L.A. native here. There is certainly a conspicuous concentration of what you describe, but it is overrepresented in the popular media. Kind of like how everyone in New York would be a neurotic Jew if TV sitcoms were any guide.

Well at least she doesn't even try to pretend the bible isn't an orgy of violence and endless destructive warfare and genocide. What's the point of that pageant anymore anyway?

She quotes Leviticus 20:13, but here are some other verses from the same chapter:

9. If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother, and his blood will be on his own head.

And the next one, she better remember when she's married:

18 If a man lies with a woman during her monthly period and has sexual relations with her, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them must be cut off from their people.

I hope she follows this law too:

25 You must therefore make a distinction between clean and unclean animals and between unclean and clean birds. Do not defile yourselves by any animal or bird or anything that moves along the ground—those which I have set apart as unclean for you.

These verses are from the same chapter, so if one verse is Holy and True, then all of them are.

That Jesus was sure a wise god..... :lmao:

She quotes Leviticus 20:13, but here are some other verses from the same chapter:

9. If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother, and his blood will be on his own head. ...

Leviticus is really dicey. People are to be put do death for working on the Sabbath. Eathing shellfish is an abomination. Don't wear clothes made of two different kinds of thread. (huh???) Anyone with a rash should be reported to a priest immediately. Don't grow hybrid crops. Don't trim your beard. A son who swears at his father must be killed.

The most cherry-picked book in the bible.

9. If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother, and his blood will be on his own head. ...

Leviticus is really dicey. People are to be put do death for working on the Sabbath. Eathing shellfish is an abomination. Don't wear clothes made of two different kinds of thread. (huh???) Anyone with a rash should be reported to a priest immediately. Don't grow hybrid crops. Don't trim your beard. A son who swears at his father must be killed.

In my freshman religion class we read almost the entirety of the Old Testament and I had to say I was totally shocked and alarmed at how often that book called for putting people to death. I was deep in the throws of religious fanaticism, so I quickly put it out of my head and tried not to think about it too much.

Yup.

And I can't understand why some hard-ass Christians quote verses from there as the "Truth of the Day" while totally omit all the other verses as "cultural influenced and non-applicable for today." Either they all are, or none.