Goodbye Jesus

What Language Did Adam And Eve Speak?

Brakeman

What Language did Adam and Eve Speak? Was it a God language that was perfect? If it was a perfect god language, why would it have ever changed? Why would God choose to confound his perfect god language over the Tower of Babel? What would be the point of Adam naming all of the animals if only his family was able to understand him.

How did the snake learn A & E's language? Did god teach it to him?

Did A & E have to invent a new imperfect human language after the fall? How long did that take, who invented it Adam or Eve?

:shrug:

Whoa!! If god had a perfect god language, why isn't the bible written in it? I mean, the perfect god language would be perfectly clear to all humans, as it was to Adam and Eve right?

Why, Olde English, you maladroit ungawdly heathen. Haven't you read the babble Jeebus used? The King James?

I remember a christian SS teacher telling me that Adam and eve were the first Christians!

He was unable to see the problem with that.. Ha Ha..

I remember a christian SS teacher telling me that Adam and eve were the first Christians!

I remember somebody talking about how great a mind Adam had, since he was able to name all of the animals.

I wonder if he categorized taxonomically or gave them common names? Austrailian kukabura or laughing jackass? I wonder what he was thinking--or looking at--when he coined "great tits"? Maybe that one was just a misunderstanding.

Adam was Harry Potter. He spoke parseltongue.

Oh, I have a different question. Since Eve was a clone of Adam, would it be considered a form of incest?

Adam was Harry Potter. He spoke parseltongue.

Oh, I have a different question. Since Eve was a clone of Adam, would it be considered a form of incest?

I dunno, but for sure Cain and Abel were sisterfuckers.

Yeah, haha...I had heard that silly story as well.

What Language did Adam and Eve Speak? Was it a God language that was perfect? If it was a perfect god language, why would it have ever changed? Why would God choose to confound his perfect god language over the Tower of Babel?

Because he was afraid all the humans working together, would be able to build a tower up to the firmament and invade heaven.

What would be the point of Adam naming all of the animals if only his family was able to understand him.

So he could tell his family about giraffes :shrug:

How did the snake learn A & E's language? Did god teach it to him?

Standard Christian theology holds the serpent as being lucifer, God's former second in command.

Did A & E have to invent a new imperfect human language after the fall? How long did that take, who invented it Adam or Eve?

The bible says nothing about the confounding of human language before Babel, nor do I believe it says anything about it afterwards.

Whoa!! If god had a perfect god language, why isn't the bible written in it? I mean, the perfect god language would be perfectly clear to all humans, as it was to Adam and Eve right?

Why? Why if God had a perfect language would it have to be perfectly understandable to humans? You've got to remember this is the Christians/Jews made up story. Putting requirements upon their made up God language I would consider to be somewhat analogous to trying to put requirements upon a 7 year olds impenetrable force field, if their is a made up God language it exists only to get the story to go where they want it to go, just as the 7 year olds impenetrable force field exists only so you can be certain that you didn't manage to shoot him with your all powerful gun.

Guest Babylonian Dream

Well he had to speak sumerian, he was where those two main rivers met before they split further. That would work because he spoke to Ningishzida. O wait, Adam and not Adapa and the food of life. My bad.

He had to speak sumerian though. I just know it. That was the language of the region at the time he lived. And before Adam's day, they spoke a now lost language of a lost culture.

I think that would be masturbation.

I always thought that Adam and Eve spoke ancient Hebrew, but this is a good question because I have never come across it.

• Super Moderator

While chatting with the ol' guy in the garden of eden, they had to speak in tongues -- gawd's language.

lmao_99.gif

Hibbidee-bibbidee-bobbedee-booooooo

I figure it was either Adamite or Evese...Heimdall :yellow:

Chargen, they Definitely spoke Chargen.

(nonsense robotic language that was intelligently designed)

:HaHa:

• Super Moderator

AppleTalk.

Guest I Love Dog

The first "modern" humans were in Africa about 200,000 years ago. They could merely grunt, so spake nothing except groans and grunts and pointed with their fingers.

Adam and Eve didn't need to worry about fig leaves or modesty because they(first humans?) were covered in lovely long hair, which covered all of their naughty bits.

They would have spent much of the time picking fleas and lice off each other, much as modern chimps and apes do. Mating would have been probably in the order of 1 male to 5 or 6 females and there wouldn't have been much foreplay.

Sound familiar? I see people like that on the street every day!

I always thought that Adam and Eve spoke ancient Hebrew, but this is a good question because I have never come across it.

The Jews borrowed their story from ancient Egyptian mythology, and the Egyptians got the story from other myths before their own culture (there are even similar stories of Ademus and Heva from Eastern mythology).

So what language did our ancient incestuous ancestors Adam and Eve speak? The good ol' story-telling shaman's 'Rattle-Shaking Rant' still used today by the people who relay the story as truth (shake, rattle and rant, hehe :woohoo: ).

Everynow and then and then I have these horrible moments of embarrassment about the things I used to believe ... this thread has sparked another :-)

It's not so much for me - what language did they speak as the 'how did they know' it part and the 'what age did god breath them into existence' part , and how did they cope psychologically with their existence as adults arising out of no where part? How did they know how to parent? How did they know how to cook and make shelter? List goes on.

Interesting thing is that in the UK only a tiny percentage of christians would take any of the creation myth literally. Just a very small number of literalists who exist on the fringes of the church spectrum, and a few people in mainstream churches who simply haven't thought about it since childhood and can't be arsed to think it through because its of so little consequence to them. When I was caught up in literalist thinking I believed it to be much more wide spread than it was - I 'assumed' other christians believed the same way unless they said otherwise.

Is it really widespread in the states?

Guest I Love Dog

I'm in Australia and we are much like U.K. Christianity is dying fast here, just like U.K. USA is unbelievable in regard to fundamentalist Christians, with more than 80% of the population calling themselves Christians, and more than 60% believing in demons and angels and the devil and heaven and hell!

In the fundy circles it is. In my hometown that would be about 10-15% of the population. Another 5-10% were Mormon. I'm not sure where they stand on the creation myth. They probably buy into it as well.

What Language did Adam and Eve Speak?

Great question to bring up in a debate! One that would probably take time for a fundy to ponder no doubt? Simple and fair, but so profound too.

I'm trying to be an advocate here for the fundamentalist who takes everything literal in Genesis. Hmm, well only thought that comes to my mind is an instantaneous language! Sounds crazy, but you have earth in 6 days, adam from dust instantly, eve from rib instantly; would imagine that the language would be instant too.

Flip side, maybe they just spent thousands of years after they were created to have a language evolve. That sounds weird as hell though too.

My college degreed son is a bible literalist. It's not only accepted in the south, but other views are considered "silly." How could any fool (like me) not believe the inspired word of god?

My college degreed son is a bible literalist. It's not only accepted in the south, but other views are considered "silly." How could any fool (like me) not believe the inspired word of god?

It's because you don't speak the language of Adam and Eve - the language of God - the language of hyperbole and insane rattle-shaking preachers from our ancient illiterate ancestors. The language of Gawd ... Hallelllooooojaaahhhh! (shake, rattle and rant).

Yeah Par, you are just a damned fool for not believing accounts written hundreds of years after the supposed event by people who were obviously writing to "fulfill" parts of the Old Testament and make it fit. What great evidence!!

H'mm. If Adam and Eve spoke Old English, what do you mean by that? Anglo Saxon, or the Frisian Islands dialect that eventually became what we know as English? Also, what of the fact that the English language evolved through Frisian and Anglo Saxon, before borrowing many words, and their spellings, from Norman French to become what we today know as English? In other words it evolved through several centuries, and it is still evolving, meaning (gasp, horror!) it wasn't a perfect creation?

Must have been been that terrible Fall that either happened when the serpent tempted Eve, or the one that happened after Harold was hit by an arrow from a Norman archer at Hastings, or more likely, cut down in the shield wall he and his House Carls formed as a last stand ...

Casey

Must have been been that terrible Fall that either happened when the serpent tempted Eve, or the one that happened after Harold was hit by an arrow from a Norman archer at Hastings, or more likely, cut down in the shield wall he and his House Carls formed as a last stand ...

Casey

Obviously the imperfection of the English language is proof the tower of Babal story is real and God confused our language even though God is not the author of confusion.