I Made A Video...

bdp

The song is Inner Sanctum, by Sanctum - a Swedish goth/industrial band. The clips are all turn-of-the-century Edward Muybridge motion studies against a background of a black and white image of the CD cover.

http://www.facebook.com/v/1218664987278

I should add that I lifted the whole video montage out of a TV documentary, I did no editing of any kind.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

The song is Inner Sanctum, by Sanctum - a Swedish goth/industrial band. The clips are all turn-of-the-century Edward Muybridge motion studies against a background of a black and white image of the CD cover.

I should add that I lifted the whole video montage out of a TV documentary, I did no editing of any kind.

Facebook and videos scare me - not yours, but uploading to there. They will potentially cancel your account if they found you were uploading copyrighted material, and I got a rather stern warning from them once - like "Do that again, and you will be banned." Or something.

I like the idea of what you have done here, and I will check it out when I can get to a computer that will allow me to access FB.

Facebook and videos scare me - not yours, but uploading to there. They will potentially cancel your account if they found you were uploading copyrighted material, and I got a rather stern warning from them once - like "Do that again, and you will be banned." Or something.

I like the idea of what you have done here, and I will check it out when I can get to a computer that will allow me to access FB.

Maybe I should take that Tim Buckley clip off my facebook page then...

I don't know... They nailed me before I even had it on the page. They have a screening mechanism, and apparently it didn't catch your video, so I think you're ok.

I'm not suggesting you take it down. I'm saying it scares me to upload to FB in the first place.

I don't know... They nailed me before I even had it on the page. They have a screening mechanism, and apparently it didn't catch your video, so I think you're ok.

I'm not suggesting you take it down. I'm saying it scares me to upload to FB in the first place.

I understand - I tired to load the Tim Buckley clip to my youtube account and before the upload was even finished WMG had muted the audio on it - those guys are all watching like hawks and I know it. I thought maybe with Sanctum having been on an obscure Swedish label, and being out of print now, I might be safe, but I guess you're never safe whenever a copyright is still in effect.

I finally saw the video, and I love the conjunction of the video and music. Very interesting, and if you hadn't told me I would have guessed you spent hours trying to get the video and overlays right. I suppose that someone did.

The fact that it's on Facebook means it passed the screeners, and I have never heard of Facebook getting upset later except when someone promotes a work widly as their own when it is not. Having the video for friends won't count.

Because I won't tell!

:HaHa:

I finally saw the video, and I love the conjunction of the video and music. Very interesting, and if you hadn't told me I would have guessed you spent hours trying to get the video and overlays right. I suppose that someone did.

The fact that it's on Facebook means it passed the screeners, and I have never heard of Facebook getting upset later except when someone promotes a work widly as their own when it is not. Having the video for friends won't count.

Because I won't tell!

:HaHa:

Thanks! The video sequence was actually from a 1979 TV series about early photography - it wasn't set up as a montage for any musical setting per se but there's definitely a rhythm to their cutting of the sequence, and of course in the show it had background music behind it. So far no reaction to it at facebook, but I did put a disclaimer about the nudity and most of my friend list their are Christians from my past - probably afraid to look at it. In fact I had that CD with me when I was a Celebrant Singer in 1998 and played some of it for one of my teammates who said 'it sounds satanic.' Good enough for me! :woohoo: