Goodbye Jesus

I'm Baaaaaack

par4dcourse

........if you meet impossible terms and conditions, so may as well just read anyway.

I'm back from my hiatus (yes I was gone. Pay attention, Sparky) because A- I feel at home like ;nowhere else on this here interweb and B- I learned something: Xians are almost human! I swear! The sordid details:

I facebook mostly for the games but like most there to keep up with family and friends somewhat. I got tired of the incessant bible verses, several from my daughter-in-law, and when she played the "The fool says in his heart there is no gawd" card I responded.

I gave a paraphrased atheist version of john 3:16. Wow. I was gang proselytized! One of the more vocal commenters was my 24 y.o. son. He's become quite the uber-right wing bigoted homophobic xian since he met his now wife. Another was a childhood friend, a guy I grew up with and attend church with. He's a church of gawd preacher.

Since these were friends and family, I had to keep my ample temper under control. I responded with a couple salient points, invited anyone interested in serious theology debate visit me here, and retreated with "I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, just stating my personal opinion."

I'm thinking I could do the same for End and Abi et.al., outside the Lion's Den, of course.

My other child, my 29 yo daughter is Agnostic. I didn't push one way or t'other.

Looking forward, gang.

--Larry

Nothing like the feeling the christian LLLUUUVVV is there!

• Super Moderator

Welcome home, you old crusty fuck.

(Feel the heathen love!)

I read it. I could use a couple gazillion dollars now and then what with the price of dog-food being what it is and all.

And while I'm typing anyway, welcome back ol' boy. Good to see you back. I happened to see your good-bye thread. Glad to see it didn't last long. Home is where the heart is.

Good to hear from you again, Par! Now how is it I collect my ten gazillion dollars?

-waves- :woohoo:

Glad to see you back Par. Yes that was quite a pile-on over there for you on Facebook. Too bad people get so upset if you don't believe the same things they do.

Welcome back!

Good to hear from you again, Par! Now how is it I collect my ten gazillion dollars?

A dollar a year for a gazillion years, or until the USPS goes bust.

Yes that was quite a pile-on over there for you on Facebook.

And thanks to Tabula Rasa, bro. Jeff, and anyone else who threw a bit of reason in there.

The line between xian love and a lynch mob is thin indeed.

And thanks to Tabula Rasa, bro. Jeff, and anyone else who threw a bit of reason in there.

Hey, Par. I would have helped you too, except I made a public announcement I wasn't going to discuss religion or politics on Facebook. Guess I just haven't got the strength for it right now.

Hey, Par. I would have helped you too, except I made a public announcement I wasn't going to discuss religion or politics on Facebook. Guess I just haven't got the strength for it right now.

No problem, Miss Diva. In hindsite, I maybe should'a done the same. As a not-that-bright friend said once, "I didn't mean to start World War 5."FrogsToadBigGrin.gif

A dollar a year for a gazillion years, or until the USPS goes bust.

Yes that was quite a pile-on over there for you on Facebook.

No problem Par, glad I could help.

I put up a reference to Russell's teapot this morning on FB. Dime gets you a dollar that none of my xian friends either get it or bother to google it. silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

I put up a reference to Russell's teapot this morning on FB. Dime gets you a dollar that none of my xian friends either get it or bother to google it. silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

That's safest for them. They don't risk so much cognitive dissonance this way...or "doubt from the devil," to use religious terms.

That's safest for them. They don't risk so much cognitive dissonance this way...or "doubt from the devil," to use religious terms.

I may be a sermon soon! Warhol was right!lmao_99.gif