Goodbye Jesus

Is There More To This World/universe Than What Meets The Eye?

pinkcece

Deism is a belief that there is a god but it isn't directly involved in the universe.

http://www.deism.com/

Lots of useful information there. In short:

Deism vs. Atheism and Christianity

by Robert L. Johnson

DEISM VS. REVEALED RELIGION

Revelation, or revealed religion, is defined in Webster's New World Dictionary as: "God's disclosure to man of Himself." This should read, "God's alleged disclosure to man of himself." For unless God reveals to each of us individually that a particular religion is truly His disclosure to us of Himself, then, by believing that religion, we are not taking His word for it, but we are instead putting our belief in the person or institution telling us it is so. This is what we are doing when we believe in any revealed religion, and that's all Christianity is. It's a revealed religion like many others such as Islam and Judaism. Revealed religion gets dangerous however, when it crosses over the line into politics. This is the admitted goal of the Christian Coalition. God allegedly revealed to Pat Robertson and his Coalition, that He wants them to take over America and eventually the world with "His Word," so the laws of the nations will mirror the laws in the Bible, which, if you know what's in the Bible, is terrifying. This, too, is what the Ayatollah's goal was, only his "revealed word of God" was the Koran, an other revelation. Are we to believe Pat when he says the Bible is revelation of God's Word?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greatest I am

• PandaPirate

• pinkcece

• Shyone

there might be more to this world then meets the eye, but it would only be deism, or some sort of universalism

Telepathy and religions of any kind are not related.

The Deism I practice says that if there ever was a miracle working super God, then He was either absorbed or killed by the big bang. Either way, He does not exist today.

What kind of a God, who wants relevance to man, would allow 16,000 to starve to death daily. Any God that would, would not deserve anything but contempt from man.

Regards

DL

Let's try this again.

http://carmenleilani.blogs.com/transmutation/2008/06/empathy-vs-sympathy-vs-telepathy.html

Empathy vs Sympathy vs Telepathy . .

"Empathy may be painful to oneself: seeing the pain of others, especially as broadcasted by mass media, can cause one temporary or permanent clinical depression; a phenomenon which is sometimes called weltschmerz.

One must be careful not to confuse empathy with either sympathy, emotional contagion or telepathy. Sympathy is the feeling of compassion for another, the wish to see them better or happier, often described as "feeling sorry" for someone. Emotional contagion is when a person (especially a child or a person in a mob) identifies with strong emotions others are showing and becomes subject to the same emotions themselves. Telepathy is a controversial paranormal phenomenon, which differs in that empathy is based not upon the paranormal but upon sophisticated processing of what is seen and heard in the usual way.

Sympathy is, "I'm sorry for your pain."

Emotional Contagion is, "I feel your pain."

Empathy is, "I understand how you feel."

Telepathy is, "I know how you feel because I'm reading your mind.""

Yes, lets try again.

Thanks for basically repeating my word to me.

I guess we agree.

Regards

DL

Isnt deism just saying that there is a first cause that could give a shit about us

then what is this business about telepathy, isn't that prayer

The link given by Panda Pirate includes this.

"God: The universal creative force which is the source of the laws and designs found throughout Nature."

I do not give anything other than nature, the ability to be a creative force.

One can assume that because things look to be evolving perfection that there was a driver at the wheel.

I as noted, say that if there ever was a God then He was either absorbed or killed by the big bang.

This is something impossible to know unless the absentee God decides to show up.

I will not hold my breath and frankly, if man is to be all he can be then there is not need to have a God to impede us and take the glory that rightfully belongs to man.

Telepathy is a communication method. It has little if anything to do with the conventional description of prayer.

Telepathy is just an activation of the two way radio, so to speak, that we have in our minds.

Regards

DL