Goodbye Jesus

To All Of God's Critics

Thumbelina

• Super Moderator
Yeah but you CAN"t disprove that God doesn't exist huh?

I think you mean I can't prove that God doesn't exist. No, I can't prove the nonexistence of anything you might imagine. I can't prove that fairies don't exist either.

Asking me to prove a negative is absurd because it is impossible. If you claim a magical being exists it is up to you to prove it with evidence other than "the Bible says so."

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
Here's a challenge to all of God's critics. If you were God and you had to create beings:

If I was a god why would i HAVE to do anything? If I was a perfect all-powerful being, why would I NEED or HAVE to do anything?

Good point.

Why would a god have to create beings. And stars and suns. Matter. Energy.

Why not other gods? It sounds like Lucifer and the gang had a blast before they were kicked out. Marduk probably sits on the left hand of God. That way, God's hands are both occupied by things sitting on them, which explains why he doesn't do shit.

God wants all His creatures to share eternity with Him because they love Him. :)

Then he failed miserably.

99% of humanity is going to Hell. Is that a good design?

Eek!!!!!! then you'd be an absolute monster of a God!!!!! :o Dude, what's up with that pagan teaching?

I'm just parroting what Christianity teaches. Are you an exception? If so, why?

• Super Moderator
Is 'Thumbelina' a spoof?

I think it must be practice for the upcoming April Fool's Day. Nobody's really that, uh, impaired.

Is 'Thumbelina' a spoof?

I think it must be practice for the upcoming April Fool's Day. Nobody's really that, uh, impaired.

I fear you underestimate xians.

Is 'Thumbelina' a spoof?

I fear you underestimate xians.

So I'm an idealist - it's my downfall every time. :shrug:

Eek!!!!!! then you'd be an absolute monster of a God!!!!! :o Dude, what's up with that pagan teaching?

Definitely a troll.

Here's a challenge to all of God's critics. If you were God and you had to create beings:1.Will the beings you create be equal to you or less powerful?2.What degree of free will will you allow to those beings?3.How will you prevent those beings from hurting you, each other and their creation?4.What will you do with those beings who break your rules?
1. More powerful, so they can take care of me.2. If they were more powerful, then they would have their own will.3. I couldn't 4. Nothing, I would be helpless.

@ Brakeman

LOL., you'd be one messed up God. I'm glad God isn't like that, otherwise we would be worse off than we are now.

No we wouldn't, If I created gods that were like perfect parents for me, it wouldn't matter if I was powerless after that, I'd be well taken care of.

:woohoo:

Really? try running this planet without these rules : Honour thy father and thy mother (God is the ultimate parent); Thou shalt not kill;Thou shalt not commit adultery;Thou shalt not steal;Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour; Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Really? Would you honor a father and/or a mother that beat and raped you over and over?

Hey, wait a minute...

"Thumbelina, Thumbelina tiny little thing

Thumbelina dance, Thumbelina sing"

• Like 1

Darn. I kind'a like my neighbor's ass. Not so much the ox though.

Here's a challenge to all of God's critics. If you were God and you had to create beings:

Just to fill you in, many people here are atheists, i.e. we disbelieve in the existence of god(s).

Atheists don't typically waste their time criticizing what doesn't exist. What would be the point?

Are you critical of Santa Claus? Why or why not? :shrug:

Don't you believe what the Bible says? The god of the Bible is very clear that the unsaved will be tortured for eternity in hell and the lake of fire.

Don't you believe what the Bible says? The god of the Bible is very clear that the unsaved will be tortured for eternity in hell and the lake of fire.

She's got a point though. This part of the bible derives from pagan religion, or at least was foreign to the ancient Hebrews. It took Jesus to create the final conditions necessary to send the Jews to Hell.

God's Auschwitz = Hell.

Funny how no one had mentioned creating minions to adulate and praise your every move. No mention of animal sacrifices either.

No one's mentioned jealousy either, what's wrong with you guys?

Can't you see that this is what Thumbelina was looking for??

:loser:

Who said god HAD to create any beings?

What was the extent of god's inadequacy that he had to create anything?

God is, apparently, wholly self-sufficient. so why did he have to create other beings?

Having created other beings and declared them to be inadequate, why can he not just 'fess up to being a crap designer?

Is he such a terrible mechanic that he cannot put his creation right? NO, I do not mean by sending his supposed son for a three day kip next to the barbeque.

Your question is born out of a lack of critical thinking skills and a dependency on theological gobbledegook and BS, fed to you by a priestly class whose income depends on your continued confusion.

To reiterate: WHY DID GOD HAVE TO CREATE ANYTHING? His is, ask you minister for clarification, wholly self-contained and self-sufficient and hence did not need to create a speck of dust, let alone a wholly unnecessary universe with humans on one insignificant planet.

Your ignorance is overwhelming.

1.Will the beings you create be equal to you or less powerful?

My equals, I'd be lonely otherwise. I wouldn't want to live in a town full of chimps.

2.What degree of free will will you allow to those beings?

The whole point of creating them would be to see what they do, knowing it already would be boring.

3.How will you prevent those beings from hurting you, each other and their creation?

Learn kung-fu.

4.What will you do with those beings who break your rules?

Why would I have rules? They'll figure out what's a good idea and what's not on their own.

"I, for one, am not a critic of any gods. There are none to criticize."[/b]

Yeah but you CAN"t disprove that God doesn't exist huh? :)

Inconsistencies of the bible, bad history of Genesis, Exodus - Joshua, Failed prophecies, Bullshit prophecies made up to make Jesus look like the messiah, absolutely no evidence for the Jesus who performed miracles and rose from the dead existing, when you'd expect at least someone to talk about him. The disunity of christianity, the evil in the church. The pagan elements within the biblical Christian tradition, (yes an eternal lake which all the bad people are thrown into is in there). Yeah, we can't disprove a God, but we can disprove the bible God, it's as simple opening the bible.

Thumbelina, there is no such thing as freewill when it comes to religion- you either do or else. There is more freedom without religion. Be that as it may, while I heard of "freewill", it is not something talked much about in my Fundie relatives churches. They are of the Wesleyan doctrine if that helps you any. So, I have no clue what "freewill" is.

Here's a challenge to all of God's critics.

Which god?

If you were God and you had to create beings:

I'm a god, the only god I imagine, and I *have* to create "beings?" Why? Am I holding a gun to my own head? Why are we assuming that I would even have the ability to create anything? Why don't I have a little house, food and a toilet? Why am I creating little "beings?"

1.Will the beings you create be equal to you or less powerful?

How powerful am I? Maybe I don't have a choice in this? What am I making these "beings" out of? So far the only thing that is known is that I exist. What materials are at my disposal. Me? Chunks of me? I doubt my "beings" will be all that great. I've never made anything before. I've never interacted with anything before. It appears I don't have a mirror so I don't know what I am. But I suppose I *have* to make these things.

2.What degree of free will will you allow to those beings?

I have no idea what free will is. I'm alone here and I've never interacted with anyone or anything else. You've introduced a foreign concept to me. I'm not even sure what these "beings" are supposed to be or do. They simply are because I *have* to make them.

3.How will you prevent those beings from hurting you, each other and their creation?

This is something I am not familiar with. I am alone. I do not understand what "hurt" is.

4.What will you do with those beings who break your rules?

Rules?

mwc

1.Will the beings you create be equal to you or less powerful? I think I shall make them equal, I don't need any pets or any other form of sycophant.

2.What degree of free will will you allow to those beings? Since I have made them equal to me they can do what ever the fuck they want. But of course since they have been made with my knowledge and perfection, they shall be as well behaved as I am.

3.How will you prevent those beings from hurting you, each other and their creation? Well, being as they are my equals they will be responsible for their own creations. I suspect that since they have my perfection they will not make any half-wit pets, but if they choose then that is their problem. (Actually I fucked up a bit when I made that Yahweh fella, he was the last cookie in the batch and was a little misshapened. I'd look out for him if I were you) Oh, since I'm perfect and eternal I can't get hurt. I can't even be insulted, because I know the insult is bullshit -- well if I made any bullshit that is.

4.What will you do with those beings who break your rules? What rules? I don't think that gods need rules, were all adults here ---- and we are perfect remember? (see 2)

Moi? I CAN'T improve on perfection; I would do it exactly the way Jesus did it, after all He is all wise.

Perfection? You're joking, right? This world is far from perfect. It's obviously shoddy design to anyone who does not have the mindset that God is perfect and can do no wrong. For one thing why would he put this earth so close to a huge source or radiation? That's pretty incompetent. And creating a being that he knew would rebel and cause chaos to his creation? That's pretty incompetent to. Others here have already pointed out a small portion of the clearly malevolent or incompetent things that are part of God's supposed creation, so I'll leave it at that.

He made free- will beings.

Would you also claim that he would never violate that freewill?

For those of you who are in a committed relationship, would you want your significant other to be with you because they love you or because you have a gun to their head in order for them to stay with you,

The God of the bible does this. His gun is called "hell". I certainly wouldn't be threatening my loves ones to love me.

or because they were pre-programmed to love you? I think we would all agree on the first question -- right?

I would disagree vehimently. If I knew that there was a possiblity of me or my loved ones burning in hell for all eternity, I would rather be programmed to love God right from the word go. Seems to make sense to me, after all we a programmed with a lot of things, many of which could be considered a violation of our freewill (eg fear, pain, guilt etc etc). Whatever is best for our own spiritual and physical wellbeing, seem like things that should be programmed into us.

God wants all His creatures to share eternity with Him because they love Him. :)

That's sort of like loving Osama Bin Laden or Adolf Hitler. Can't imagine that now that I've left the delusion. I'd also rather not have to kiss God's butt for all eternity. Better start puckering up Thumbelina. Your eternity is gonna be a boring one, if not one full of suffering. I figure that you're gonna discover that your God isn't as lovely as you think, just as Lucifer discovered, which is why he rebelled. No, I don't believe it was a matter of pride. That would be extremly stupid to rebel against a loving merciful all powerful God, wouldn't it be? It would mean that God was incompetent and created a really stupid being. But we know Satan's not stupid right? The only logical reason why Lucifer and a huge amount of angels rebelled would be that God was an evil tyrant who treated them cruely and malevolently. NO intelligent creature would be that stupid to think they could be as powerful as God.

"I, for one, am not a critic of any gods. There are none to criticize."[/b]

Yeah but you CAN"t disprove that God doesn't exist huh? :)

Inconsistencies of the bible, bad history of Genesis, Exodus - Joshua, Failed prophecies, Bullshit prophecies made up to make Jesus look like the messiah, absolutely no evidence for the Jesus who performed miracles and rose from the dead existing, when you'd expect at least someone to talk about him. The disunity of christianity, the evil in the church. The pagan elements within the biblical Christian tradition, (yes an eternal lake which all the bad people are thrown into is in there). Yeah, we can't disprove a God, but we can disprove the bible God, it's as simple opening the bible.

I agree. We can PROVE, beyond even a hint of doubt, that the Christian God does not exist. This is not even a debate any more amongst educated people. Your belief in the Christian God is merely a delusion based on the lack of knowledge.