Goodbye Jesus

To All Of God's Critics

Thumbelina

Well Thumbelina I'll give you kudos, you came back. At post 14 I was suspicious you weren't coming back, if so, no need to reply. You did, so this is me, giving you props, and going forward with hopes you are not a troll.

So, my reply?... to your "questions" are, it's an argument trap. Answer something different to what your God did, and it's laughable, "Oh I'm sure glad God didn't do it like that" LOL Answer in a way similar to how your God did things and it's all "SEE! SEE! even you would do it the same!" You are gleefully having a go and the atheists. The biggest proof that you are having a go, and are not sincere in your questions is your reply here..

@ nightflight

"I would give them eternal existence filled with unspeakable pain. Their suffering would never end, never. As every nerve of their bodies feel the pain of the flames, their despair would still increase exponentially when they realize that their torment will never end, ages rolling upon ages. "

Eek!!!!!! then you'd be an absolute monster of a God!!!!! ohmy.gif Dude, what's up with that pagan teaching?

You knew what Nightflight meant. You know you knew, we all know you knew. No sincereity at all. If you are not a troll, what IS your purpose here? Considering what you believe, if you really believe it, that makes you an insufferable a$$. Are you one of those that believes the souls in heaven will be entertained by watching those suffering in Hell? Cuz, to me that is how posts like this come off.

To answer your question, I wouldn't. I would not create anything destined to suffer real agony, not for a moment, certainly not for enternity. I'm not that kind of sadist, and I'm not entertained or impressed with that kind of sadism. Others have asked why would a God "have to" Well, I AM GOD so my answer is I would not.

@ nightflight

"I would give them eternal existence filled with unspeakable pain. Their suffering would never end, never. As every nerve of their bodies feel the pain of the flames, their despair would still increase exponentially when they realize that their torment will never end, ages rolling upon ages. "

Eek!!!!!! then you'd be an absolute monster of a God!!!!! ohmy.gif Dude, what's up with that pagan teaching?

You knew what Nightflight meant. You know you knew, we all know you knew. No sincereity at all. If you are not a troll, what IS your purpose here? Considering what you believe, if you really believe it, that makes you an insufferable a$$. Are you one of those that believes the souls in heaven will be entertained by watching those suffering in Hell? Cuz, to me that is how posts like this come off.

My guess is that she is one of those Christians, who either do not believe in hell, or thinks it is eternal separation from God or some other place other than the eternal flame pit described in revelation.

I agree. We can PROVE, beyond even a hint of doubt, that the Christian God does not exist. This is not even a debate any more amongst educated people. Your belief in the Christian God is merely a delusion based on the lack of knowledge.

I can prove the Xian god never existed just by showing the evolution of mythical thought, but few Xians believe me or anyone else who points these thing out to them. The problem is, it is so easy to see that a preschooler can see it in their heads, if it is explained to them at an early age before they are brainwashed into believing the Jesus story is actually true. Even then, someone might still be able to get through to a preschooler about the mythical origins of Xianity. Jesus never existed, at least not as portrayed in the Bible, but I can't say this often enough to Xians, because they just will not look into the origins of their own religion, much less accept the facts about it. I can say it to Xians until I'm blue in the face and I nor anyone else can get past the God virus they have contracted at an early age from their elders.

I can prove the Xian god never existed just by showing the evolution of mythical thought, but few Xians believe me or anyone else who points these thing out to them. The problem is, it is so easy to see that a preschooler can see it in their heads, if it is explained to them at an early age before they are brainwashed into believing the Jesus story is actually true. Even then, someone might still be able to get through to a preschooler about the mythical origins of Xianity. Jesus never existed, at least not as portrayed in the Bible, but I can't say this often enough to Xians, because they just will not look into the origins of their own religion, much less accept the facts about it. I can say it to Xians until I'm blue in the face and I nor anyone else can get past the God virus they have contracted at an early age from their elders.

Beautifully put Mriana. I agree. This is why the antidote for faith is knowledge, and the prerequisite for acquiring knowledge is intellectual humility (i.e. the willingness to be corrected).

I was once in debate with some folk about these things and came up with a one-liner that seems appropriate here:

"Critical thought seeks the humble acquisition of knowledge, while religion seeks the arrogant proclamation of dogma."

@ nightflight

My guess is that she is one of those Christians, who either do not believe in hell, or thinks it is eternal separation from God or some other place other than the eternal flame pit described in revelation.

If that is the case, the honest sincere reply would have been to state that, not feign ignorance to what was being said.

I think Thumbelina is a 13 year old girl whose purpose here is to "save" us. Her intention with the 4 questions was to make us "see" how this is the best of all worlds. Laughably, she does not have the life experience or maturity of thought to see that her questions only expose the inadequacy of xtian dogma.

To Thumbelina: Honey, why don't you really THINK about your questions?

2. When you get older and have children, you will not want them to be grow up to be less than you; you will want them to grow to be your equal or even better. That is how love is.
  3. Of course, you would want your children to have free will. Why create them otherwise?
  4. Of course if they have free will, there is no way to prevent your children from doing whatever they choose to do. Of course, this means that you are not ALL POWERFUL if there is something you cannot prevent; therefore, you cannot be GOD. So, you see, just as your questions have assumed a logically impossible situation, so it is with the xtian dogma - it is impossible. Also, if you are GOD, how could you be hurt?
  5. When you do grow up and have children, I think you will find that the best way to correct behaviour is to explain why the consequences of the behavior produce a disagreeable result. This was my style of parenting and beyond a short period when they were in their two's and three's and we needed timeouts, explanation was my only discipline. BTW, my children are grown up now and they are amazing people and my best friends!

And more for you, Thumbelina; here's 4 questions:

2. If you were god, isn't it true that you wouldn't HAVE to do anything?
  3. Do people truly have free will, or do they have the illusion of free will?
  4. Isn't it true that the concepts of beings with free will and a god who is able to "prevent" certain actions are mutually exclusive?
  5. Why would a GOD want to have rules?

Beautifully put Mriana. I agree. This is why the antidote for faith is knowledge, and the prerequisite for acquiring knowledge is intellectual humility (i.e. the willingness to be corrected).

I was once in debate with some folk about these things and came up with a one-liner that seems appropriate here:

"Critical thought seeks the humble acquisition of knowledge, while religion seeks the arrogant proclamation of dogma."

Thanks and I like your one-liner. If the opportunity ever comes up, can I use it? :)

Thanks and I like your one-liner. If the opportunity ever comes up, can I use it? :)

With pleasure. A while ago some of us started a thread for favourite (British spelling, US favorite) quotes.

You can find it here :wicked:

One of my favourites from this thread is:

Science seeks to draw a conclusion from the evidence at hand, while religion seeks to find evidence for a conclusion at hand.

Here's a challenge to all of God's critics. If you were God and you had to create beings:

Who said god HAD to create any beings?

Exactly! What use would a god have for humans? It just doesn't even make any sense.

Exactly! What use would a god have for humans? It just doesn't even make any sense.

Lab rats.

With pleasure. A while ago some of us started a thread for favourite (British spelling, US favorite) quotes.

You can find it here :wicked:

Science seeks to draw a conclusion from the evidence at hand, while religion seeks to find evidence for a conclusion at hand.

Thanks. :)

Are you the author of that gem or does the credit lie elsewhere?

I got the idea from a cartoon with two panels. The one side had a scientist looking at a whole lot of fossils on a table and the other side had a Christian holding a Bible. The scientist was saying, "Look at all this evidence, I wonder what conclusions we can make?" and the Christian was saying, "Here is the conclusion, I wonder what evidence we can find?" - or something like that, anyway. So the idea is not mine but I needed to remember the gist of the message in the cartoon so I wrote the one-liner down into a file I keep for ideas and quotes. In fact, I think the cartoon may even be on this forum somewhere - I can't remember where I saw it.

In some ways it could be regarded as presumptuous to say a quote is my favourite even though I wrote it - well, I cannot take credit for the message so it's okay (I think) and I really think it says so much about the evolution/creation debate in one concise line (and also the diffs between Christianity and Science).

Lab rats.

Being a lab rat is amazing :HaHa:

If that is the case, the honest sincere reply would have been to state that, not feign ignorance to what was being said.

I agree.

Lab rats.

Being a lab rat is amazing :HaHa:

Oh noez! I think I have infected you with bad humor. You're jokes are just as bad as mine! :grin:

Oh noez! I think I have infected you with bad humor. You're jokes are just as bad as mine! :grin:

Cut my teeth on the Goon Show and Monte Python - I think this has caused irreparable damage to my brain and I may even have a valid case against my parents for child abuse. :lmao:

I don't think that this is true. In fact I'd go so far as to say it is a dogmatic statement on the order of "God is love".

One example is the Lion's Den, for not even the long term Christians are persuaded by knowledge. In fact it appears that among humans correcting the facts of the matter increases belief in a particular delusion. You probably will give up one position in favor of another with better facts in some matters, but only because you believe you ought to.

Humans are rationalizing beings rather than rational beings.

I got the idea from a cartoon with two panels. The one side had a scientist looking at a whole lot of fossils on a table and the other side had a Christian holding a Bible. The scientist was saying, "Look at all this evidence, I wonder what conclusions we can make?" and the Christian was saying, "Here is the conclusion, I wonder what evidence we can find?" - or something like that, anyway. So the idea is not mine but I needed to remember the gist of the message in the cartoon so I wrote the one-liner down into a file I keep for ideas and quotes. In fact, I think the cartoon may even be on this forum somewhere - I can't remember where I saw it.

In some ways it could be regarded as presumptuous to say a quote is my favourite even though I wrote it - well, I cannot take credit for the message so it's okay (I think) and I really think it says so much about the evolution/creation debate in one concise line (and also the diffs between Christianity and Science).

Well, it's become one of my favorites too, thanks!

I don't criticise God, just as I do not critisize Darth Vader, Voldemort or Harry Potter. I'm more likely to criticise the writers/directors of the books/movies, just as I would criticise the human writers of the bible and the stories they wrote of their God. But I guess if Trekkies can have fun talking about who is the best Captain of the Enterprise, I can surely make believe that God is real and be critical of him so that I can answer your questions.

1.Will the beings you create be equal to you or less powerful?

Less powerful. But I wouldn't treat them like scum like the God of the bible does. I'd value my creations and not just wipe out entire nations because they do stuff I don't like. If I made a mistake with one, I'd just make an adjustment of some kind and get rid of the flaw, after all that's what a good creator would do.

2.What degree of free will will you allow to those beings?

I'd give them freewill, but I would put mechanisms in place to prevent them from doing evil. After all, there are already mechanisms in place like pain and fear to protect humans from physical danger and we don't accuse God of violating our freewill with those, so why not have mechanisms in place to prevent spiritual damage, which I'm sure you'd agree is more important than our physical wellbeing.

3.How will you prevent those beings from hurting you, each other and their creation?

I'd put in mechanisms to prevent this, ie pain, fear. I would have them become physically sick (like on the movie Clockwork Orange) to prevent them. Doing evil would be a disgusting and appalling thing to them all, just as many things already are to 99.9% of humans, eg cannibalism, beastiality, eating faeces, sadomasachism. Seeing as things like fear and pain are not violations of freewill (because all humans have these mechanisms in them to prevent from physically harming themselves), then why not have such mechanisms in place to protect us from doing evil to others? In some ways these mechanisms are already there. I for instance could never deliberately harm another person because it would cause me too much guilt. In fact I can imagine the guilt I'd feel even before doing it. It would be horrible for me. So I'd make all humans have that same trait, but perhaps, make it more intense.

4.What will you do with those beings who break your rules?

With my system in place nobody would be breaking the rules, because even the thought of doing evil would made them physically sick. But ok, there may be a few messed up indivuals (although I'd make sure there would be no such things as mental illnesses) who may decide they love the pain, love the fear and love feeling physically sick). For them I would have some rehabilitation system in place. Being God I would easily be able to make an adjustment or two to prevent them from offending again. I'm sure that nobody would mind losing some freewill to avoid Hell. I know I'd gladly be God's puppet to avoid Hell.

But if none of this is good enough for you, how about you ask God how he's going to solve these problems in Heaven? Then ask him why he didn't just employ those methods to begin with?

@ OnceConvinced

ROFL, dude, you win the prize of an edible arrangements fruit bouquet cuz you're sooooo funny and you also got some good points. However, if all your points were to actually be followed, they'd be a bunch of tummy rot! meaning, they would not work!!! lol

"I don't criticise God, just as I do not critisize Darth Vader, Voldemort or Harry Potter."

Darth Vader, Voldemort or Harry Potter are somewhat real; they're really ploys made by the devil in order to detract people from following God. The more imaginary characters he comes up with, the more folks will doubt the supernatural. Daaang!! it worked on some of y'all!

God's word is like a diamond hidden in a pile of glass. Some people may get cut while looking for the diamond but God is the Great Physician and He'll take care of all who come to Him.

"... I can surely make believe that God is real and be critical of him so that I can answer your questions."

Well, if you make believe only and you keep on that track then you're going to regret it, and it's not because God is mean but because you cling to sin (anything apart from God). Thanks for answering my questions though :)

1.Will the beings you create be equal to you or less powerful?

"Less powerful."

Bravo!! :-bd ;as I said in a previous post, if a being can be created then it cannot be a God.

"But I wouldn't treat them like scum like the God of the bible does."

Who did God treat like scum?

" I'd value my creations and not just wipe out entire nations because they do stuff I don't like."

You're referring to those people in the OT that filled up their cup of iniquity huh?

Let me ask you a question, let's say you have about 10 kids, you set rules for them to follow to protect them and some of them used their FREE WILL and decided to break your rules. You come to realize that some of them started hanging out with the wrong crowd, they're listening to rock music and rap music that tells them it's a noble thing to have sex with the dead and to have orgies in groups and that violence against their fellow man is something that should really be sorted after. All of this is having a really negative effect on their hypothalamus (part of the frontal lobe).

One child in particular is really out of control and one day when you 're cleaning a bedroom you come to find a note that outlines a plan that that child has and the note says that your child is part of some cult and in order to gain total acceptance into that cult he has to sacrifice ALL of his siblings.You realize that that plan was to be carried out that very same day and you also realize that you're alone in the house at that moment because all of your children supposedly went to a party that the really crazy kid invited them to.The note had actually mentioned where all of this was to take place. Oh! I should mention that you're in an area where there isn't really an active police department.

So, you get in your car and you race to the location and you realize that 2 of your children were already dead and more are going to be killed. You call out to your child to stop and the crazy kid is in some sort of a trance and is totally ignoring you. You then see a gun to the side there and you grab it; it's loaded what will you do? Oh, oh, you also know, because of a prohecy, that the entire world will be saved because a child born from your lineage would be the Messiah.( Gen18:18; Gen22:18; Gen 26:4.

One evil child or billions of redeemed ones, hmmmm oh what should one do?

Oh! just in case you try to squirm outta that one, you had a vasectomy after the 10th kid, OK? lol.

" If I made a mistake with one, I'd just make an adjustment of some kind and get rid of the flaw, after all that's what a good creator would do."

You'd take away the freedom to choose from your creatures? They'd be mere robots?

God cannot and would not predetermine the free, spiritual acts of man. If those acts are predetermined, they are not free. If they are not free then they are predetermined.

Forced faith is false faith!!!! God's character see here: Exodus 34:6

2.What degree of free will will you allow to those beings?

I'd give them freewill, but I would put mechanisms in place to prevent them from doing evil.

As aforementioned, that is NOT free will

"After all, there are already mechanisms in place like pain and fear to protect humans from physical danger and we don't accuse God of violating our freewill with those, so why not have mechanisms in place to prevent spiritual damage, which I'm sure you'd agree is more important than our physical well being."

OK, this is one of the tummy rot parts in your "solution" heh heh

God did make an adjustment, when the cancer of sin or the mystery of iniquity 2 Thessalonians 2:7 came about, He tackled it head on!!!!!!!!

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death death and NOT dying and dying and dying for infinity.

Sin proliferates and it contaminates and God knows that it needs to be eradicated. Hell (which does not exist yet) was NOT supposed to be for us, it is meant for the devil and his angels Matthew 25:41 Anyone that ends up being destroyed by hell fire will do so by their own choosing :(

Jesus prepared a way out for us! He took our place and once a person freely accepts Him by faith (justification),He then starts a process of teaching them to be like Him (sanctification). Sanctification lasts until you die or until probation --which will occur at a future time -- is over.

When Jesus returns the redeemed will then be glorified (glorification).

The pain and suffering on this planet has redemptive purposes.

Hebrews 12:7

If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Chasten means correct or instruct.

The devil and his angels didn't get the physical pain we got cuz they cannot be redeemed; they felt and feel FEAR Hebrews 10:27 ;

James 2:19 They're going down; they're gonna die!

"3.How will you prevent those beings from hurting you, each other and their creation?

I'd put in mechanisms to prevent this, i.e. pain, fear. I would have them become physically sick (like on the movie Clockwork Orange) to prevent them."

LOL man, you had me dying with this one! But, tummy rot, tummy rot!!!!

"Doing evil would be a disgusting and appalling thing to them all, ..."

Wellll, God will achieve this Nahum 1:9 :"affliction shall not rise up the second time." but His creatures will obey out of love because they know He loves them and want what's best for them and that love will be reciprocated.

"I for instance could never deliberately harm another person because it would cause me too much guilt."In fact I can imagine the guilt I'd feel even before doing it. It would be horrible for me."

:D Ya thinkin' mainly about yourself man! God's kingdom will be run like this Jesus Others Yourself.

lol Oh, it would be joy unspeakable.

"So I'd make all humans have that same trait, but perhaps, make it more intense."

Tummy rot!

"4.What will you do with those beings who break your rules?

With my system in place nobody would be breaking the rules, because even the thought of doing evil would made them physically sick. But ok, there may be a few messed up indivuals (although I'd make sure there would be no such things as mental illnesses) who may decide they love the pain, love the fear and love feeling physically sick). For them I would have some rehabilitation system in place. Being God I would easily be able to make an adjustment or two to prevent them from offending again. "

Ha ha! as I said previously, God got that covered!

"I'm sure that nobody would mind losing some freewill to avoid Hell."

Speak for yourself, I like to be free to choose, I'm always asking "why?"

"I know I'd gladly be God's puppet to avoid Hell."

So, does that mean you still wish that there is a God who loves you to death (literally, His death i.e.)? ;) But sheesh!!! what a crappy motive you've cited for wanting to be with God. While hell may be a motivator for many folk, it must NEVER be the PRIMARY motivator.

When one willingly spends time with God they will fall in love with Him :)John3:14 We look to Him by faith in order to get healing from our sins.

"But if none of this is good enough for you, how about you ask God how he's going to solve these problems in Heaven? Then ask him why he didn't just employ those methods to begin with? "

Ahem,Nahum 1:9

Rock and rap preach necrophilia? Fictional antagonists are authored by Satan? Thumbelina what are you on? :twitch:

Do us and yourself a favor and do a little reading. Testimonies and The Lion's Den are good places to start.

We've been through the same questions and the same apologetics until I, for one, am tired of trying. You deluded bastards just come here to preach and get "god points" and never learn anything.

This is why the antidote for faith is knowledge,

I don't think that this is true. In fact I'd go so far as to say it is a dogmatic statement on the order of "God is love".

One example is the Lion's Den, for not even the long term Christians are persuaded by knowledge. In fact it appears that among humans correcting the facts of the matter increases belief in a particular delusion. You probably will give up one position in favor of another with better facts in some matters, but only because you believe you ought to.

Humans are rationalizing beings rather than rational beings.

In my rather extensive research into the reasons people abandoned their faith in favor of atheism, I have found that almost without exception people who had been religious in the past became non-believers through the increase in knowledge gained through personal research. I was once a missionary/worship leader for 23 years/pastor etc and became an atheist through research and increased knowledge, and here on the Ex-C site I'm sure there are many who will testify to the same thing.

I will concede though that one-liners like the one above tend to be as dogmatic as one-liners in religion, and don't make any allowances for exceptions to the rule. But, in general, it is true that an increase in knowledge results in a decrease in faith (I would even go as far as saying the two are mutually exclusive).

The article on mis-information? Interesting but I draw the following conclusion: People are religious because of mis-information and will stop being religious if their mis-information is revealed, or corrected. This is why truth will always trump a lie - and knowledge will always trump faith.

Let me ask you a question, let's say you have about 10 kids, you set rules for them to follow to protect them and some of them used their FREE WILL and decided to break your rules. You come to realize that some of them started hanging out with the wrong crowd, they're listening to rock music and rap music that tells them it's a noble thing to have sex with the dead and to have orgies in groups and that violence against their fellow man is something that should really be sorted after. All of this is having a really negative effect on their hypothalamus (part of the frontal lobe).

One child in particular is really out of control and one day when you 're cleaning a bedroom you come to find a note that outlines a plan that that child has and the note says that your child is part of some cult and in order to gain total acceptance into that cult he has to sacrifice ALL of his siblings.You realize that that plan was to be carried out that very same day and you also realize that you're alone in the house at that moment because all of your children supposedly went to a party that the really crazy kid invited them to.The note had actually mentioned where all of this was to take place. Oh! I should mention that you're in an area where there isn't really an active police department.

So, you get in your car and you race to the location and you realize that 2 of your children were already dead and more are going to be killed. You call out to your child to stop and the crazy kid is in some sort of a trance and is totally ignoring you. You then see a gun to the side there and you grab it; it's loaded what will you do? Oh, oh, you also know, because of a prohecy, that the entire world will be saved because a child born from your lineage would be the Messiah.( Gen18:18; Gen22:18; Gen 26:4.

One evil child or billions of redeemed ones, hmmmm oh what should one do?

Oh! just in case you try to squirm outta that one, you had a vasectomy after the 10th kid, OK? lol.

You mean like when Israel fell in with that evil YWHW cult and went off slaughtering all his neighbours? Seriously, you forgot the fact that I'm God, omnipotent. That means I can prevent my childrens who get in with the raaap music, and the rocking and the rolling from killing my other children before he even realizes he's going to do it, and, I can also do it without killing him. And if you start citing free will as a reason for not using my immense power to do this, how does killing my child not interfere with his free will.