Goodbye Jesus

To All Of God's Critics

Thumbelina

Why do I feel like I just entered the Twilight Zone after reading Thumbalina's post? How bizarre can it get. Thinking for of or for ourselves? Either way, there is nothing wrong with thinking for ourselves and as for thinking of ourselves, there is nothing wrong with that either. Be that as it may, we don't just think of ourselves. We do think of others, just not in the twisted way you wish people would.

" I'd value my creations and not just wipe out entire nations because they do stuff I don't like."

You're referring to those people in the OT that filled up their cup of iniquity huh?

Let me ask you a question, let's say you have about 10 kids, you set rules for them to follow to protect them and some of them used their FREE WILL and decided to break your rules. You come to realize that some of them started hanging out with the wrong crowd, they're listening to rock music and rap music that tells them it's a noble thing to have sex with the dead and to have orgies in groups and that violence against their fellow man is something that should really be sorted after. All of this is having a really negative effect on their hypothalamus (part of the frontal lobe).

One child in particular is really out of control and one day when you 're cleaning a bedroom you come to find a note that outlines a plan that that child has and the note says that your child is part of some cult and in order to gain total acceptance into that cult he has to sacrifice ALL of his siblings.You realize that that plan was to be carried out that very same day and you also realize that you're alone in the house at that moment because all of your children supposedly went to a party that the really crazy kid invited them to.The note had actually mentioned where all of this was to take place. Oh! I should mention that you're in an area where there isn't really an active police department.

So, you get in your car and you race to the location and you realize that 2 of your children were already dead and more are going to be killed. You call out to your child to stop and the crazy kid is in some sort of a trance and is totally ignoring you. You then see a gun to the side there and you grab it; it's loaded what will you do? Oh, oh, you also know, because of a prohecy, that the entire world will be saved because a child born from your lineage would be the Messiah.( Gen18:18; Gen22:18; Gen 26:4.

One evil child or billions of redeemed ones, hmmmm oh what should one do?

Oh! just in case you try to squirm outta that one, you had a vasectomy after the 10th kid, OK? lol.

In your first question you said what if you were "god" not a parent. A parent has finite power, a God does not. This answer completely fails on that account.

As for squirming that is what you did with OnceConvinced last answer/question to you. You quoted the bible, and that quote, although may have meaning to you, does not answer the question.

Now if you could do me a favor and respond to my original responce to you I'd appreciate it, thanks.

For the record - I'm not a critic, I'm a non-believer. And Thumbelina's mythology means nothing to me.

Guest Net Eng

The pain and suffering on this planet has redemptive purposes.

Then I wish you see much redemption in your life. :HaHa:

Two eleven-year-old boys in England led a two-year-old boy away from a shopping mall to a nearby trainyard, beat the toddler to death, and left his body on the tracks to be mutilated by the next train through. Tell me exactly how this was redemptive for that two-year-old.

• Like 1

Tummy rot!

Two eleven-year-old boys in England led a two-year-old boy away from a shopping mall to a nearby trainyard, beat the toddler to death, and left his body on the tracks to be mutilated by the next train through. Tell me exactly how this was redemptive for that two-year-old.

According to one of the apologists on our website, it was the least evil outcome, planned by God. God's such a swell guy.

A bit late to this party, but I did bring My Clue-By-Four™ with Me.

Darth Vader, Voldemort or Harry Potter are somewhat real; they're really ploys made by the devil in order to detract people from following God.

Unsupported assertion: No evidence for 'the devil'.

God's word is like a diamond hidden in a pile of glass. Some people may get cut while looking for the diamond but God is the Great Physician and He'll take care of all who come to Him.

In other words, your alleged god is a great fan of Münchausen Syndrome By Proxy -- It knowingly allows people to get hurt so that it can kiss the boo-boo all better. What a sadistic turd.

...it's not because God is mean but because you cling to sin (anything apart from God).

*KAPOW* Thumbelina, that is slander. Retract it, or pack up your Bible and b&gger off.

Who did God treat like scum?

Just off the top of My head... Everyone who allegedly drowned in the Noachide flood; the Amalekites; Jesus; the victims of the various wars, famines and plagues in Revelation.

Let me ask you a question, let's say you have about 10 kids... {snip large section of patently ridiculous story} One evil child or billions of redeemed ones, hmmmm oh what should one do?

Shoot for the knees, then take the kid to the hospital.

If I can think of a better solution than yours, surely an allegedly omnipotent deity could do a lot better still. Likewise for that spurious 'prophesy' nonsense you threw in... I'm reasonably certain that a real god would find a way to not subject all of humanity to such a sick terror-fest as you describe.

Jesus prepared a way out for us! He took our place...

Pure unadulterated nonsense. The death of one person does not and can not purify another. Moreover, there is no excuse whatsoever for sending any sentient being to hell. Not even the worst of the worst.

Not even the god of the Bible belongs there.

Guest Valkyrie0010

I don't criticise God, just as I do not critisize Darth Vader, Voldemort or Harry Potter. I'm more likely to criticise the writers/directors of the books/movies, just as I would criticise the human writers of the bible and the stories they wrote of their God. But I guess if Trekkies can have fun talking about who is the best Captain of the Enterprise, I can surely make believe that God is real and be critical of him so that I can answer your questions.

1.Will the beings you create be equal to you or less powerful?

Less powerful. But I wouldn't treat them like scum like the God of the bible does. I'd value my creations and not just wipe out entire nations because they do stuff I don't like. If I made a mistake with one, I'd just make an adjustment of some kind and get rid of the flaw, after all that's what a good creator would do.

2.What degree of free will will you allow to those beings?

I'd give them freewill, but I would put mechanisms in place to prevent them from doing evil. After all, there are already mechanisms in place like pain and fear to protect humans from physical danger and we don't accuse God of violating our freewill with those, so why not have mechanisms in place to prevent spiritual damage, which I'm sure you'd agree is more important than our physical wellbeing.

3.How will you prevent those beings from hurting you, each other and their creation?

I'd put in mechanisms to prevent this, ie pain, fear. I would have them become physically sick (like on the movie Clockwork Orange) to prevent them. Doing evil would be a disgusting and appalling thing to them all, just as many things already are to 99.9% of humans, eg cannibalism, beastiality, eating faeces, sadomasachism. Seeing as things like fear and pain are not violations of freewill (because all humans have these mechanisms in them to prevent from physically harming themselves), then why not have such mechanisms in place to protect us from doing evil to others? In some ways these mechanisms are already there. I for instance could never deliberately harm another person because it would cause me too much guilt. In fact I can imagine the guilt I'd feel even before doing it. It would be horrible for me. So I'd make all humans have that same trait, but perhaps, make it more intense.

4.What will you do with those beings who break your rules?

With my system in place nobody would be breaking the rules, because even the thought of doing evil would made them physically sick. But ok, there may be a few messed up indivuals (although I'd make sure there would be no such things as mental illnesses) who may decide they love the pain, love the fear and love feeling physically sick). For them I would have some rehabilitation system in place. Being God I would easily be able to make an adjustment or two to prevent them from offending again. I'm sure that nobody would mind losing some freewill to avoid Hell. I know I'd gladly be God's puppet to avoid Hell.

But if none of this is good enough for you, how about you ask God how he's going to solve these problems in Heaven? Then ask him why he didn't just employ those methods to begin with?

@ OnceConvinced

ROFL, dude, you win the prize of an edible arrangements fruit bouquet cuz you're sooooo funny and you also got some good points. However, if all your points were to actually be followed, they'd be a bunch of tummy rot! meaning, they would not work!!! lol

"I don't criticise God, just as I do not critisize Darth Vader, Voldemort or Harry Potter."

Darth Vader, Voldemort or Harry Potter are somewhat real; they're really ploys made by the devil in order to detract people from following God. The more imaginary characters he comes up with, the more folks will doubt the supernatural. Daaang!! it worked on some of y'all!

God's word is like a diamond hidden in a pile of glass. Some people may get cut while looking for the diamond but God is the Great Physician and He'll take care of all who come to Him.

"... I can surely make believe that God is real and be critical of him so that I can answer your questions."

Well, if you make believe only and you keep on that track then you're going to regret it, and it's not because God is mean but because you cling to sin (anything apart from God). Thanks for answering my questions though :)

"Less powerful."

Bravo!! :-bd ;as I said in a previous post, if a being can be created then it cannot be a God.

"But I wouldn't treat them like scum like the God of the bible does."

" I'd value my creations and not just wipe out entire nations because they do stuff I don't like."

You're referring to those people in the OT that filled up their cup of iniquity huh?

Let me ask you a question, let's say you have about 10 kids, you set rules for them to follow to protect them and some of them used their FREE WILL and decided to break your rules. You come to realize that some of them started hanging out with the wrong crowd, they're listening to rock music and rap music that tells them it's a noble thing to have sex with the dead and to have orgies in groups and that violence against their fellow man is something that should really be sorted after. All of this is having a really negative effect on their hypothalamus (part of the frontal lobe).

One child in particular is really out of control and one day when you 're cleaning a bedroom you come to find a note that outlines a plan that that child has and the note says that your child is part of some cult and in order to gain total acceptance into that cult he has to sacrifice ALL of his siblings.You realize that that plan was to be carried out that very same day and you also realize that you're alone in the house at that moment because all of your children supposedly went to a party that the really crazy kid invited them to.The note had actually mentioned where all of this was to take place. Oh! I should mention that you're in an area where there isn't really an active police department.

So, you get in your car and you race to the location and you realize that 2 of your children were already dead and more are going to be killed. You call out to your child to stop and the crazy kid is in some sort of a trance and is totally ignoring you. You then see a gun to the side there and you grab it; it's loaded what will you do? Oh, oh, you also know, because of a prohecy, that the entire world will be saved because a child born from your lineage would be the Messiah.( Gen18:18; Gen22:18; Gen 26:4.

Oh! just in case you try to squirm outta that one, you had a vasectomy after the 10th kid, OK? lol.

" If I made a mistake with one, I'd just make an adjustment of some kind and get rid of the flaw, after all that's what a good creator would do."

You'd take away the freedom to choose from your creatures? They'd be mere robots?

God cannot and would not predetermine the free, spiritual acts of man. If those acts are predetermined, they are not free. If they are not free then they are predetermined.

Forced faith is false faith!!!! God's character see here: Exodus 34:6

I'd give them freewill, but I would put mechanisms in place to prevent them from doing evil.

As aforementioned, that is NOT free will

"After all, there are already mechanisms in place like pain and fear to protect humans from physical danger and we don't accuse God of violating our freewill with those, so why not have mechanisms in place to prevent spiritual damage, which I'm sure you'd agree is more important than our physical well being."

OK, this is one of the tummy rot parts in your "solution" heh heh

God did make an adjustment, when the cancer of sin or the mystery of iniquity 2 Thessalonians 2:7 came about, He tackled it head on!!!!!!!!

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death death and NOT dying and dying and dying for infinity.

Sin proliferates and it contaminates and God knows that it needs to be eradicated. Hell (which does not exist yet) was NOT supposed to be for us, it is meant for the devil and his angels Matthew 25:41 Anyone that ends up being destroyed by hell fire will do so by their own choosing :(

Jesus prepared a way out for us! He took our place and once a person freely accepts Him by faith (justification),He then starts a process of teaching them to be like Him (sanctification). Sanctification lasts until you die or until probation --which will occur at a future time -- is over.

When Jesus returns the redeemed will then be glorified (glorification).

Hebrews 12:7

If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Chasten means correct or instruct.

The devil and his angels didn't get the physical pain we got cuz they cannot be redeemed; they felt and feel FEAR Hebrews 10:27 ;

James 2:19 They're going down; they're gonna die!

"3.How will you prevent those beings from hurting you, each other and their creation?

I'd put in mechanisms to prevent this, i.e. pain, fear. I would have them become physically sick (like on the movie Clockwork Orange) to prevent them."

LOL man, you had me dying with this one! But, tummy rot, tummy rot!!!!

"Doing evil would be a disgusting and appalling thing to them all, ..."

Wellll, God will achieve this Nahum 1:9 :"affliction shall not rise up the second time." but His creatures will obey out of love because they know He loves them and want what's best for them and that love will be reciprocated.

"I for instance could never deliberately harm another person because it would cause me too much guilt."In fact I can imagine the guilt I'd feel even before doing it. It would be horrible for me."

:D Ya thinkin' mainly about yourself man! God's kingdom will be run like this Jesus Others Yourself.

lol Oh, it would be joy unspeakable.

"So I'd make all humans have that same trait, but perhaps, make it more intense."

Tummy rot!

"4.What will you do with those beings who break your rules?

With my system in place nobody would be breaking the rules, because even the thought of doing evil would made them physically sick. But ok, there may be a few messed up indivuals (although I'd make sure there would be no such things as mental illnesses) who may decide they love the pain, love the fear and love feeling physically sick). For them I would have some rehabilitation system in place. Being God I would easily be able to make an adjustment or two to prevent them from offending again. "

Ha ha! as I said previously, God got that covered!

"I'm sure that nobody would mind losing some freewill to avoid Hell."

Speak for yourself, I like to be free to choose, I'm always asking "why?"

"I know I'd gladly be God's puppet to avoid Hell."

So, does that mean you still wish that there is a God who loves you to death (literally, His death i.e.)? ;) But sheesh!!! what a crappy motive you've cited for wanting to be with God. While hell may be a motivator for many folk, it must NEVER be the PRIMARY motivator.

When one willingly spends time with God they will fall in love with Him :)John3:14 We look to Him by faith in order to get healing from our sins.

"But if none of this is good enough for you, how about you ask God how he's going to solve these problems in Heaven? Then ask him why he didn't just employ those methods to begin with? "

Ahem,Nahum 1:9

Here is one example of a logical diety. One that gives us free will without evil, so we can worship like he wants us to.

Now I know that you are going to say that we need evil for there to be true free will.

Then I guess we are slaves then in heaven.

Another logic point, if that is the case, why not make us that way from the start.

... let's say you have about 10 kids ...

Thumbelina, you must have been reading your Bible again to even think of such a sick story. And it was supposed to be some kind of analogy explaining God's impassioned plea to Humanity to "turn from our evil ways"? You are seriously one sick and deluded puppy.

I have a challenge for you Thumbelina. You asked us 4 questions at the beginning of this thread. What would your answers be?

"I don't criticise God, just as I do not critisize Darth Vader, Voldemort or Harry Potter."

Darth Vader, Voldemort or Harry Potter are somewhat real; they're really ploys made by the devil in order to detract people from following God. The more imaginary characters he comes up with, the more folks will doubt the supernatural. Daaang!! it worked on some of y'all!

The Devil and God are also imaginary characters, created by men. Why would you try to rise them above the others, I certainly don't. It seems you completely miss my point. Your God, Voldemort, Darth Vader and Harry Potter are all on par in my eyes.I criticize none of them. Those who believe in the supernatural are gullible. There is a scientific explanation for everything. You just need to get an education rather than believing fairy tales from an ancient book.

"... I can surely make believe that God is real and be critical of him so that I can answer your questions."

Well, if you make believe only and you keep on that track then you're going to regret it, and it's not because God is mean but because you cling to sin (anything apart from God). Thanks for answering my questions though :)

And I say you are going to regret not believing in Voldemort. Because when you least expect it he is going to return and make you suffer for not following him.

Frankly if you God is such a vindictive bastard who wishes to make someone suffer simply because they are unable to believe in him,he's hardly worthy of worship. Sorry, Thumbelina but your threats are no different to a Muslim threatening me that I should believe in Allah. You are no different.

"Less powerful."

Bravo!! :-bd ;as I said in a previous post, if a being can be created then it cannot be a God.

You are asking us to put ourselves in the role of God. That's what I'm doing.

"But I wouldn't treat them like scum like the God of the bible does."

Everybody. In his eyes all men are evil and sinful. Anyone who does not do as he commands is brutally slain. Read your Old Testament and look at the horrible things your God did. Examples: World wide flood, destroying cities, asking for blood sacrfices, Having kids torn apart by a bear because they called Elisha "Baldy", demanding that rape victims marry their rapists, having Lot send his daughters out to be mob raped to save a couple of angels, demanding a man be stoned for picking up sticks on the sabbath, stripping Job of everything he had and then having some crazy idea that giving him a new family would make up for the loss of the old one, etc etc etc. If someone did stuff like that to you or your loved ones, would you feel you were being treated like scum?

Oh yeah, all those babies and toddlers, they were just evil little bastards and deserved death. All those animals were evil too, they deserved to be wiped out.

No,I would not treat my creations with such contempt. I guess I'm a more loving more merciful guy than your god.

You're kidding, right? How is this in any way shape or form similar to anything in the bible? For one thing you are talking about one crazy person here, not a whole city of crazy people. It's one thing to shoot one nutter (which I would do), another thing again to destroy an entire city. If this was your God in this situation he would take a machine gun and mow everyone down in the process not just the crazy guy. I howeever would never do that. I'd take out the crazy guy only. There could be children and babies in the house, but to hell with that, your God would shoot them too.

If you are trying to create a scenario here where I am playing the part of God, then you also need to take into consideration that I am omniscient. I knew when I created this crazy guy what he was going to do. I knew what my son was going to do. I would take measure well in advance to ensure that I would never have to be in the situation where I have to shoot anyone or see my children die.

You also need to take into consideration that I am all powerful. I would not need to even pick up a gun. I could just erase the crazy guy out of existance with a command.

So sorry, you analogy here just doesn't work.

" If I made a mistake with one, I'd just make an adjustment of some kind and get rid of the flaw, after all that's what a good creator would do."

You'd take away the freedom to choose from your creatures? They'd be mere robots?

God cannot and would not predetermine the free, spiritual acts of man. If those acts are predetermined, they are not free. If they are not free then they are predetermined.

Forced faith is false faith!!!! God's character see here: Exodus 34:6

Where did I say I would take away freewill? I would simply make a necessary adjustment. If that's considered a violation of free will, then so be it. Throwing someone into Hell is also a violation of freewill, but God's going to do that too. We could even argue that healing is a violation of freewill. What about God softening someone's heart? A violation of freewill too? Let's also not overlook the fact that all throughout the bible God violates freewill. He hardens people's hearts, (eg Pharaoah), he also violated the freewill of the Midianites by forciing them all to turn on each other. Sometimes a small violation is necessary. One little thing is better than allowing my creations to run rampant like Satan has. It's not a matter of turning them into robots, it's a matter of fixing up a design flaw.

Scriptures where God happily violates freewill:

Daniel 1: 9 , Isaiah 29:10 , Jeremiah 19:9 , Act 16:6, Act 16:7

I'd give them freewill, but I would put mechanisms in place to prevent them from doing evil.

As aforementioned, that is NOT free will

Then pain, fear and all those other mechanisms are also a violation of freewill, so according to your rules should not exist at all. Please explain how it's a violation of freewill when it comes to spiritual danger, but it's not for physical danger? If I wish to climb up a sheer cliff face but feel fear, then my freewill is being violated by God. If I want to touch a hot element but don't for fear of being burnt, then that is a violation of freewill.

OK, this is one of the tummy rot parts in your "solution" heh heh

Please explain how this is tommy rot and why it would not work. All you have done is put my suggestion down then gone on to preach about what the bible says about God supposedly dealing with sin. None of it refutes my idea that pain and fear could be used to prevent sin.

God did make an adjustment, when the cancer of sin or the mystery of iniquity 2 Thessalonians 2:7 came about, He tackled it head on!!!!!!!!

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death death and NOT dying and dying and dying for infinity.

This is the tummy rot. God has clearly not dealt with the problem of sin as evidenced by the fact that people still sin.

My solution would prevent almost all deliberate sin. It would prevent it before it even happened just as the fear of pain prevents us from touching a hot element.

Sin proliferates and it contaminates and God knows that it needs to be eradicated. Hell (which does not exist yet) was NOT supposed to be for us, it is meant for the devil and his angels

This is also tummy rot. God is omniscient, so knew before he created hell that he would ultimately be using it to destroy the majority of his human creations.

Matthew 25:41 Anyone that ends up being destroyed by hell fire will do so by their own choosing :(

Even more tummy rot. Nobody would ever chose to be thrown into Hell. I for one would go kicking and screaming. God is going to have to violate my freewill to do it. And he will by demanding his angels to do his dirty work for him and have me cast in there.

Matthew 13:40-42: "Just as the weeds are separated out and burned, so it will be at the end of the world. I, the Son of Man, will send my angels, and they will remove from my Kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil, and they will throw them into the furnace and burn them. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Does that sound like anyone choosing to go to Hell to you?

Jesus prepared a way out for us! He took our place and once a person freely accepts Him by faith (justification),He then starts a process of teaching them to be like Him (sanctification). Sanctification lasts until you die or until probation --which will occur at a future time -- is over.

When Jesus returns the redeemed will then be glorified (glorification).

Just straight out tummy rot, which I have heard preached time and time again and no longer take seriously. It certainly does not demonstrate how my suggestions of pain and fear to prevent sin is “tummy rot”.

Tell that to the next person who gets brutally raped. Or the kid starving to death who is being stalked by vultures.

Pain and suffering is just a part of life. It’s evolution in action.

The devil and his angels didn't get the physical pain we got cuz they cannot be redeemed; they felt and feel FEAR Hebrews 10:27 ;

James 2:19 They're going down; they're gonna die!

If I was God, I would just never have created them in the first place. God is supposedly omniscient and knew what he was creating when he created them. The fact that he continued to create them anyway shows malevolence.

"3.How will you prevent those beings from hurting you, each other and their creation?

I'd put in mechanisms to prevent this, i.e. pain, fear. I would have them become physically sick (like on the movie Clockwork Orange) to prevent them."

LOL man, you had me dying with this one! But, tummy rot, tummy rot!!!!

Please explain how it is tummy rot. Just saying it is, is meaningless. I could say your entire post is bullshit and then go on and preach about other stuff, but I have more integrity than that.

Imagine it. You are going to tell a lie, but then suddenly get a terrible headache. You think you’d keep lying? Imagine if you were going to kill someone, but then you had this intense fear that prevented you from doing it. Do you think you would do it? Most likely you wouldn’t. And before you cry out and say it’s a violation of free will, just think about that next time you find yourself facing one of your phobias. Is that a violation of your freewill then?

"Doing evil would be a disgusting and appalling thing to them all, ..."

Wellll, God will achieve this Nahum 1:9 :"affliction shall not rise up the second time." but His creatures will obey out of love because they know He loves them and want what's best for them and that love will be reciprocate

Ah ah ah ah! It’s not good enough to say “God WILL achieve this”. Meanwhile millions and millions will fry in Hell. Good intentions are no good. My solution deals with the problem right away not in 2 or 3 thousand years from now. Why wouldn’t God deal with the situation before it got out of hand? Ohhhh, maybe because he enjoys witnessing all the suffering?

"I for instance could never deliberately harm another person because it would cause me too much guilt."In fact I can imagine the guilt I'd feel even before doing it. It would be horrible for me."

:D Ya thinkin' mainly about yourself man! God's kingdom will be run like this Jesus Others Yourself.

We’re not talking about the future, we’re talking about the beginning of creation. A way to deal with the problem before it eventuates. It’s too late to deal with it in thousand of years from now, because by then billions upon billions of souls have been lost.

I’m not thinking of just myself. I’m thinking of everyone. When you create your human beings, add in some major guilt so you would never want to harm anyone. It worked for me. Was God violating my freewill by designing me that way?

"So I'd make all humans have that same trait, but perhaps, make it more intense."[/b]

Tummy rot!

Why is it tummy rot? Come on, I challenge to to show how it’s tummy rot. If you had overwhelming guilt even at the thought of harming another person would you still harm them? Would you? Apply the same idea to sin. If you had overwhelming guilt even at the thought of lying, of having premarital sex, would you be more or less likely to perform those acts?

"4.What will you do with those beings who break your rules?

With my system in place nobody would be breaking the rules, because even the thought of doing evil would made them physically sick. But ok, there may be a few messed up indivuals (although I'd make sure there would be no such things as mental illnesses) who may decide they love the pain, love the fear and love feeling physically sick). For them I would have some rehabilitation system in place. Being God I would easily be able to make an adjustment or two to prevent them from offending again. "

Ha ha! as I said previously, God got that covered!

Tummy rot! We are living in a world where people do break the rules and where people are cruel to each other. What world are you living in Thumbelina? Sounds like a fantasy world.

"I'm sure that nobody would mind losing some freewill to avoid Hell."

Speak for yourself, I like to be free to choose, I'm always asking "why?"

Oh ok, so you would quite happily go to hell for the price of keeping your freewill completely intact? Whatever! I’m calling tummy rot on that one. The fact is there are people like myself who’d rather be God’s puppet than end up going to hell, so that shows that freewill isn’t as important as what you claim it to be.

"I know I'd gladly be God's puppet to avoid Hell."

So, does that mean you still wish that there is a God who loves you to death (literally, His death i.e.)? ;) But sheesh!!! what a crappy motive you've cited for wanting to be with God. While hell may be a motivator for many folk, it must NEVER be the PRIMARY motivator.

When one willingly spends time with God they will fall in love with Him :)John3:14 We look to Him by faith in order to get healing from our sins

God created the motivator not me! He's the one that created Hell, created the devil and then created the threat if I don't submit to his will. Maybe your God should come up with a better system so that he doesn't have a majority of followers fearing his wrath? It's all very well to sit in your comfortable little bubble (i know I did) and believe that you're not going to Hell. Of course if you believe that then you're hardly going to fear it, so of course fear wouldn't be your motivator. It was never my motivator as a Christian either, but if I knew I was going to hell I'd quite happily be God's puppet to avoid it and I'm sure you would to.

"But if none of this is good enough for you, how about you ask God how he's going to solve these problems in Heaven? Then ask him why he didn't just employ those methods to begin with? "

Ahem,Nahum 1:9

So then why did God not just set that in place from the word go, huh? Why? Perhaps it’s because he enjoys seeing his creations suffer and he is a sadistic, malevolent fiend?

Rev 4:11

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

(of course this includes, viruses, poisoning insects, natural disasters, inhospitable living environments, Satan, etc etc.)

Tummy rot!

This is a great phrase to use when someone comes up with an argument you can't refute or adequately argue against. By saying it, it usurps everything and it means you no longer have you use your brain and come up with a decent argument.

Thumbalina realises I have come up with the perfect design plan to do away with sin (or to at least do away with the majority of deliberate sin). She just doesn't have the integrity to admit it. She uses the old ploy of deny whatever is said, try to make out it's nonsense and then start a tirade of preaching.

3.How will you prevent those beings from hurting you, each other and their creation?

I would also create weed.

Legendary post.

Anyways, this thread has to be a troll. Either that or this is the first time OP has ever discussed her religion with anyone. Possibly even her first time on the internet.

...it's not because God is mean but because you cling to sin (anything apart from God).

*KAPOW* Thumbelina, that is slander. Retract it, or pack up your Bible and b&gger off.

I disagree, read the part I bolded. She isn't slandering us, she's just showing that she has an extremely skewed concept of right and wrong, not uncommon amongst christians, at least among the kind I hung out with.

I would also create weed.

Legendary post.

Anyways, this thread has to be a troll. Either that or this is the first time OP has ever discussed her religion with anyone. Possibly even her first time on the internet.

I don't know, a lot of what she's saying sounds oddly familiar. I could see many of the people I used to know arguing like this.

You know, I just had a thought, which I should have thought about long ago: The original poster needs to define "God's Critics". So many of us have said we don't criticize God. I don't either. I just point out that the Xian religion is rewritten mythology and God is a human concept. That does not make me a "God critic". That is two things- religious criticism and comparative religion, both are branches of studies under Religious Studies and something that good Religious scholars, like Bob Price, Joseph Hoffmann, Robert Funk (now dead), and alike, do.

So, I think the original poster really needs to define "God's Critics" before this thread goes any further. There is no point in discussing it if we don't know what the person means.

• Super Moderator
Darth Vader, Voldemort or Harry Potter are somewhat real; they're really ploys made by the devil in order to detract people from following God.

Sorry, this is either a troll, a retard, or maybe both.

Tummy rot!

This is a great phrase to use when someone comes up with an argument you can't refute or adequately argue against. By saying it, it usurps everything and it means you no longer have you use your brain and come up with a decent argument.

Thumbalina realises I have come up with the perfect design plan to do away with sin (or to at least do away with the majority of deliberate sin). She just doesn't have the integrity to admit it. She uses the old ploy of deny whatever is said, try to make out it's nonsense and then start a tirade of preaching.

Being the persnickety English major that I am (or was many eons ago), I was getting rather annoyed seeing so many corrupt the old word for utter foolishness that derives from the British generic name for a fool (Tommy) + rot. Dammit, it's tommy rot, not tummy rot!

But, on second thought, I'm becoming sort of fond of the neologism tummy rot. I take it to mean utter foolishness that leaves one feeling nauseous - like that feeling you get when trying to talk rationally to a fundigelical who prefers fairy tales to reality. :lmao:

Thumbelina...is an anagram of, 'Aint humble'.

Make of that what you will!

BAA.

• Super Moderator

BAA.

Also: Alien Thumb.

Coincidence? I think not!

Ooo! Ooo! I know! I know! Thumbelina will answer "god works in mysterious ways we don't understand."

Am I right? Do I win god points? (I've got my eye on the kewpie doll.)

ah, par, you know these carnies always rig the games...sorry to have to be such a drag.

BAA.

Also: Alien Thumb.

Coincidence? I think not!

Or Ye Olde English for untruths spoken by a bad person?

An Bum Lieth.

BAA.