Goodbye Jesus

To All Of God's Critics

Thumbelina

Reminds me of Scott M. Pecks book, "The People of the Lie".

I read that book.  It's about truly evil people whom God created specifically for the day of destruction.

Is that true of you, Thumby?

What are you talking about? Formulate a better question, lion?

Are you one of those depressed, dysfunctional, manipulative, narcissistic, sociopathic, and/or unpleasant people like Scott Peck mentions in his book?  
Or someone whom God created for evil so that he could demonstrate his righteous judgement?
You don't seem that way to me.  To me you just seem deluded and willfully ignorant like most fundies.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

He gets to share His creative acts with sentient beings. I see you did not answer my question about sharing with others. If a person who's not a complete scrooge is able to share their resources with others and the other people derive benefit or pleasure (clean and holy) from it, it causes happiness a joy all around.

Why do most men and women want children? Why do MANY women (mere women as compared to God) want to have kids before their biological clock is all ticked out?

If a couple is rich and are jet setters and really enjoy what life has to give, why would they yearn for a child? Shouldn't they just stay with each other? I mean, the earth is overpopulated as is.

God created us in His image, He is a creative genius and He created creatures that can reproduce and the higher order of creatures (humans) can be quite creative also, so creative that we can create machines or materials (not out of nothing like Him though) that can wipe us out. God loves teaching His children about Himself and not because of His purported ego as skeptics love to say but about His selfless ways. This causes joy unspeakable in the universe, i.e. when God's character is reflected.

Just to be clear, you are saying that God benefits from Creation by being able to share His glory with us. This implies that God has some inner drive, or need, to do so. That implies that God is incomplete if He does not do so.

But a perfect Being, such as God, is complete in and of Himself and has no needs. The existence of such a need indicates not only that God is incomplete, but that there is some outer cause for such a need to be present.

Therefore the God that created Mankind (at least) is not the Ultimate Being.

The same applies to God sharing His perfect justice, perfect love, perfect mercy, perfect anything with Creation. A perfect Being is self-complete. God is not self-complete, therefore God is not Perfect as God is defined by you.

If we are created in God's likeness, then it is not unreasonable to think that our desire to share is part of that likeness based on what you said above. Mankind shares because people receive at the very least a "warm-fuzzy" or sense of fulfillment from doing so. Since you maintain that we are created in God's likeness, one can extend that to God and say that God receives a sense of fulfillment by sharing (which is in fact exactly what you said he did.)

Again, if God can receive something, especially something that is intangible, then it indicates that God is not complete without it, and therefore the God you say created the Universe and Mankind along with it is not perfect, and therefore can not be the True God.

That is not to say that such a True God can not exist, but 'God' of the Bible is not that God.

God does NOT need creatures. He wants them! The triune God have each other for company but God has the ability to create so why shouldn't He create living and sentient beings? Why shouldn't He create them and love them? The bible says it was His will to create. God can do what He wants. Of course God is complete but He ain't boring and His universe is VAST and BEAUTIFUL. Yeah we are made in the triune God's image; they love each other and we reflect them when we behold them. I don't agree with your reasoning because I know love needs an object and the triune God had each other to love. Can you love if it was just you and no other living being? Again I say, God is complete and we're like some icing on the cake.

I didn't see this long post until awhile ago. I'm gonna have to hit ya back later, lion.

I read that book.  It's about truly evil people whom God created specifically for the day of destruction.

Is that true of you, Thumby?

What are you talking about? Formulate a better question, lion?

Are you one of those depressed, dysfunctional, manipulative, narcissistic, sociopathic, and/or unpleasant people like Scott Peck mentions in his book?  
Or someone whom God created for evil so that he could demonstrate his righteous judgement?
You don't seem that way to me.  To me you just seem deluded and willfully ignorant like most fundies.

Seems like you're describing calvinism? Nah, I'm shy and introverted and I understand the gospel. God wants to save me and I am being saved.

God does NOT need creatures. He wants them! The triune God have each other for company but God has the ability to create so why shouldn't He create living and sentient beings? Why shouldn't He create them and love them? The bible says it was His will to create. God can do what He wants. Of course God is complete but He ain't boring and His universe is VAST and BEAUTIFUL. Yeah we are made in the triune God's image; they love each other and we reflect them when we behold them. I don't agree with your reasoning because I know love needs an object and the triune God had each other to love. Can you love if it was just you and no other living being? Again I say, God is complete and we're like some icing on the cake.

If God wants something, that indicates a desire. A desire indicates some deficiency that can be satisfied by the object of the desire. A perfect Being (singular or Triune or anything else) should be by definition self-complete. Any needs or desires indicate an outside influence, which should not be possible for a perfect Being.

And since you have said that the three aspects of the Triune God have each other to love, then your following question of can love be possible without an object of love is not relevant to the Triune God. The Triune God would share a perfect love among the three aspects. Surely a perfect love between three perfect aspects of a perfect Triune God should be sufficient unto itself. If that is not sufficient, then again, it indicates an incompleteness, which of course should not exist in perfection.

PS - other than watching a baby being born, I don't think many people who work in an ER would say there is much beauty there.

Here's a challenge to all of God's critics. If you were God and you had to create beings:

1.Will the beings you create be equal to you or less powerful?

2.What degree of free will will you allow to those beings?

3.How will you prevent those beings from hurting you, each other and their creation?

4.What will you do with those beings who break your rules?

1. Equal but less powerful.  

2. Total freewill. I would be their kin, not their master. Worship would not be required. 

3. By creating them to be more stable in the first place and then living down on the ground and being accessible to them. I'd give them docile personalities, stronger and better built bodies, and if they mess up, I'd be there to support them. 

4. I wouldn't have rules. If I had an especially distressed being wreaking havoc on things, I'd help them in the manner they most needed.  

Truefreedom:

I didn't know that.. thanks.

He gets to share His creative acts with sentient beings. I see you did not answer my question about sharing with others. If a person who's not a complete scrooge is able to share their resources with others and the other people derive benefit or pleasure (clean and holy) from it, it causes happiness a joy all around.

Why do most men and women want children? Why do MANY women (mere women as compared to God) want to have kids before their biological clock is all ticked out?

If a couple is rich and are jet setters and really enjoy what life has to give, why would they yearn for a child? Shouldn't they just stay with each other? I mean, the earth is overpopulated as is.

God created us in His image, He is a creative genius and He created creatures that can reproduce and the higher order of creatures (humans) can be quite creative also, so creative that we can create machines or materials (not out of nothing like Him though) that can wipe us out. God loves teaching His children about Himself and not because of His purported ego as skeptics love to say but about His selfless ways. This causes joy unspeakable in the universe, i.e. when God's character is reflected.

Just to be clear, you are saying that God benefits from Creation by being able to share His glory with us. This implies that God has some inner drive, or need, to do so. That implies that God is incomplete if He does not do so.

But a perfect Being, such as God, is complete in and of Himself and has no needs. The existence of such a need indicates not only that God is incomplete, but that there is some outer cause for such a need to be present.

Therefore the God that created Mankind (at least) is not the Ultimate Being.

The same applies to God sharing His perfect justice, perfect love, perfect mercy, perfect anything with Creation. A perfect Being is self-complete. God is not self-complete, therefore God is not Perfect as God is defined by you.

If we are created in God's likeness, then it is not unreasonable to think that our desire to share is part of that likeness based on what you said above. Mankind shares because people receive at the very least a "warm-fuzzy" or sense of fulfillment from doing so. Since you maintain that we are created in God's likeness, one can extend that to God and say that God receives a sense of fulfillment by sharing (which is in fact exactly what you said he did.)

Again, if God can receive something, especially something that is intangible, then it indicates that God is not complete without it, and therefore the God you say created the Universe and Mankind along with it is not perfect, and therefore can not be the True God.

That is not to say that such a True God can not exist, but 'God' of the Bible is not that God.

But then, why is God so completely and utterly inept at creation or managing His (their?) creation? Why is God so utterly irresponsible with us? Everything that goes wrong in this world is God's fault. 

We're the hamsters left in a dirty, stinking cage left alone with what we've got when our "owner" got bored with us. 

Truefreedom:

I didn't know that.. thanks.

I hope that wasn't sarcastic.  ;)  I think you're awesome, btw.  :D

No sarcasm...  :)    

I never heard where he came up with the title before.

.. and I think you are awesome too... I think most of the people here are awesome,  BEST FORUM EVAH!!!!

Seems like you're describing calvinism? Nah, I'm shy and introverted and I understand the gospel. God wants to save me and I am being saved.

Are you Arminian then?  What are you being saved from?  Hell?  Your sinful nature?  Doubt?

Until you can embrace your doubts and learn to cry out to God, "why have you forsaken me?" you will never identify with Jesus Christ.

This "God," of course will still only be the newly elected monotheistic diety, emerging from the tribal husband-god of Asherah, one child of El among many.

And if you want to follow Jesus, or Y'shua (Joshua), rather, you need to become a Jew.  He never offered any teachings or showed any love for non-Hebrews.

Give Thumby some slack: she's consistent, Teflon coated, and has over 50 pages of entertainment in this thread alone.

Besides, it's not easy making a living on the nude mudwrestling circuit.

I'm curious about your premise. Why do I HAVE to create beings? Am I bored and looking for something to do? Am I narcissistic and NEED someone to worship me? Am I looking for playthings or puppets? What exactly is the purpose of the question?

Sometimes it's "that still small voice", sometimes it's through a pastor's sermon, sometimes it's through religious programming, many times it's through His Word but it has happened dozens and dozens of times. Just when I need Him most, He's there. One time I ignored the voice and I messed up. He helped me fix it, He told me what to do. Another time I ignored the voice and He literally did not let me do what I was going to do. I tried to do it anyway but He stopped me.

So much for free will. :-)

Read the context of this thread, midnight, CONTEXT. We are talking about creating the original creatures. It is evident that you do not understand biblical themes, sub themes and interlocking doctrines that make the bible cohesive.

Heh, heh, I had a miniature Balaam experience.

You were talking about original creatures? I thought you were talking about god taking away your free will to do something against his wishes. He literally did not let you do something i.e. free will denied. Boom!

If you read the bible like you read these posts then I can see WHY you are an exChristian. You're helter skelter; have you been hangin' with Heretic?

Avoid my comment about free will and redirect to ADHD. I'll have to deduct points for that. :-)

I did not avoid it, in CONTEXT, a HYPOTHETICAL question was asked and it was about me being God and creating creatures ORIGINALLY and NOT about the current effects of sin (this is what obsessive atheistic types rely on to criticize God) but of having a game plan for potential problems.

Free will in the Christian sphere entails worshiping God or NOT. Adam & Eve did not worship God with their whole heart and thus they disobeyed Him; they were ungrateful and that caused them to CHOOSE to sin and thus the consequences of sin.

This was the convo':

boftx 05:02 PM said: Thumbelina, I have a challenge for you. Suppose you are God. What benefit do you derive from a creation that has free will?

Thumbelina said: What do you mean by free will? There are differing views out there.

boftx said: Use any definition you wish, it doesn't matter which one within the scope of this question.

Thumbelina said: Free will as in the ability to choose right AND wrong. Doing so gives creatures the ability to freely love me without me manipulating them.

Hellllo, Midnight, I was the hypothetical god in those posts but you did the typical atheistic pastime of mixing any and every situation to "discredit God". You took other questions from other posters and blended it with the above posts. As I said, I can see why many skeptics don't see the gospel, they use these methodologies all the time and that includes those evilbible, SAB etc. people too. They read NOT to learn but to support their biases.

Further deflection/avoidance of my question: Minus 1 more point. :-)

Not that you are required by law to answer any of my questions. But since you wont, lets move on over to the next topic. Post blending and how it prevents seeing the gospel. There's nothing special about 'the gospel.' It is a collection of written works. You can take it, you can leave it. You can program yourself (by praying) to be a believer and also unprogram yourself using rational thought or just ignoring it. Nothing mystical or supernatural about it. It is completely up to the individual, about the individual, by the individual. :-)

Oh, and Hellllllllo Thumbelina, this is an Ex-Christian website you're hanging out on. Of course we try to discredit god...or more precisely we discredit Christianity and the bible.

Also thank you for continuing to mention for the newbies:

SAB - http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/links.html

Evilbible - evilbible.com

I also like godisimaginary.com

Further deflection/avoidance of my question: Minus 1 more point. :-)

Not at all, you did not and do not formulate the correct questions in the right CONTEXT. You have to ask the right questions to get the right answers. Maybe I can help you out?

What it SEEMS you want to know is, by God preventing me from doing that particular act, was He was interfering with my free will?
Your definition of free will is this isn't it?: Free will is the ability of agents to make choices unconstrained by certain factors.
That is NOT a biblical concept. I did say a couple of times in my last couple of posts that man CANNOT have complete autonomy; I see in your eagerness to win, you overlooked that. The bible is replete with instances with God intervening to curb evil, be it from His professed people or their enemies or even nations that just went into total depravity. God can and does physically stop people but He NEVER forces them to worship Him. He did not force me to worship Him that time, at that minute but when I did come to my senses I was so glad He stopped me.

One time He even woke me up at 2am for weeks when I was not studying and praying and I used to go to bed at 12am. Did He violate my free will? No. In my heart I wanted to obey Him but the flesh is weak, as the song Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing says, I'm prone to wander, prone to leave the God I love. I had the Romans chapter 7 experience. There are many themes in the bible that people who do not have the spirit just cannot grasp, it is foolish to them. Human tendency is to run from God, that's what Adam and Eve did once they sinned. I said in a prior post that there are rules of engagement. We do not seek God, He seeks us. He put a yearning in us AND He entreats us with His Spirit.

In the convo' between boftx and I, we were discussing conditions BEFORE sin. No wrong acts were committed YET so there was no need for hypothetical god (me) to physically restrain any creature.
Now AFTER sin is committed, dummy sinners had to be MORE or less restrained otherwise they would destroy themselves and each other before I can redeem them.

Take children for example, most of those little buggers will put anything in their mouths, go where they're not supposed to go and they practically know how to throw tantrums from the get-go. Are you saying that they should have free will (your definition) and not be restrained? *chuckle* There's this atheistic fellow that I know (of) and he said his young toddler had free will and he will not correct (restrain) the boy; he now is COMPLAINING about the kid,the boy even got put out from one daycare lol. Adult humans can reason and it's a pity God has to restrain them much as one would a toddler. God also has the civil authorities to curb evil.

So, freedom to choose in the Christian realm where sin EXISTS, consists of worshiping the Creator or not. He FORCED Balaam to prophecy truth but He never forced Balaam to worship Him.

Not that you are required by law to answer any of my questions.

biggrin.pngNo, not the civil laws, God can make me physically answer you even if I was not worshiping Him but nah, He did not have to twist my arm.

But since you wont, lets move on over to the next topic. Post blending and how it prevents seeing the gospel. There's nothing special about 'the gospel.' It is a collection of written works. You can take it, you can leave it. You can program yourself (by praying) to be a believer and also unprogram yourself using rational thought or just ignoring it. Nothing mystical or supernatural about it. It is completely up to the individual, about the individual, by the individual. :-)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you can't even get these posts straight, then how the heck are you gonna be able to rightly divide the Word? That's why I said I got to tease and pray for some of you; I know some people are not interested. You have your non experiences and I have my experiences as God manifests Himself to those who obey Him and obedience comes by faith and faith comes by hearing the word of God which skeptics don't know how to interpret and they then misunderstand God.

Oh, and Hellllllllo Thumbelina, this is an Ex-Christian website you're hanging out on. Of course we try to discredit god...or more precisely we discredit Christianity and the bible.

Yeah, but you ain't being fair about it, you naughty lion, you!

Also thank you for continuing to mention for the newbies:

SAB - http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/links.html

Evilbible - evilbible.com

I also like godisimaginary.com

Yeah, newbies, people who don't have an inkling about the bible depend on those sites, I know it from experience, my crazy-as-a-fruit bat atheist stalker from another site depended heavily on those sites.
Yeah, those sites function to try to blind people from the gospel but not everyone will be fooled by them, God's word will not return void.

I like it when you call me naughty. Thank you for your clarification of the free will issue. Thank you also for reminding me why I had the good sense to remove the mind disease of Christianity from my life. It truly does lead one into mental illness. :-)

I don't think so, Thumbelina.  I believe that when you die you will remain so permanently, and that you won't be any more "saved" than anyone or anything else that has lived and subsequently died.

In other words, I think that the gospel is a lie that gives people a false promise of eternal life, and that every second you spend pursuing that goal is wasted. 

Are you Arminian then?  What are you being saved from?  Hell?  Your sinful nature?  Doubt?

Try asking her if she's a Seventh Day Adventist, TrueFreedom.  We've been asking for years and she's been avoiding the question... for years.  So, why the big secret about what kind of Christian she is, huh?

Until you can embrace your doubts and learn to cry out to God, "why have you forsaken me?" you will never identify with Jesus Christ.

This "God," of course will still only be the newly elected monotheistic diety, emerging from the tribal husband-god of Asherah, one child of El among many.

And if you want to follow Jesus, or Y'shua (Joshua), rather, you need to become a Jew.  He never offered any teachings or showed any love for non-Hebrews.

Matthew 15 : 21 - 28.

Does that qualify as love or teaching for non-Hebrews?

Thanks,

BAA.

BAA,

Don't forget the Roman centurion that asked for his child to be healed at home simply at Jesus' command.

Please, please, please answer this, -skeptics tend to ALWAYS avoid such questions. Is it not true that emotional pain in this world tends to be more far reaching and negatively affect humans than physical pain? When a person's physical body may have healed from an assault a long time ago the psychological effects may last a lifetime, no? What about addictions? I heard that the hardest addiction to get rid of is the addiction of pornography. Whereas other physical substances can be purged out of ones system, pornographic images are basically there in ones brain forever. The torture of hell will be more mental than physical and it's the peoples unrepentant deeds that will cause their weeping and gnashing of teeth but eventually they will be obliterated sad.png I got narcissists that I love that are choosing to go there atm, I hope they get to do an about-face before it's too late.

Creative said: What doesnt make any sense do is that if god sees everything from beginning to end, then why did he create hell, Satan or me?

If he really sees everything from the beginning to the end he is literally creating people to send them to hell.

Thumbelina: Hell is God's Holy presence. Have you NEVER looked at the OT and seen what happened to unauthorized beings that came into contact with God's presence? Animals couldn't even go near the mountain where God was stationed-they died!- and even then God was shielding Himself. At the very end, when this earth is to be destroyed, God will reveal Himself fully and cause hell fire. The righteous will be able to walk in the everlasting fire (or stand in His presence) with no problem (See Isa 33:14-16; Mal 3:2). They would have applied the blood over their door posts, as it were.

Creative said: I know I went a little far on the rape part, that was more sarcasm, but there are plenty of horrible things god did.

I know god is all mighty and hes the best most loving being that exist. Really? I mean how many people have suffered under the wrath of god?

Did Satan deserve hell? The only thing he did wrong was not bow down before god.

Thumbelina:A Christian teaching is that hell was prepared for Satan, it was not originally prepared for man. Hell is really a judgment for those who no longer want to be in harmony and to have peace with the rest of creation. They forfeited eternal life as their immortality is contingent upon God and obedience to His perfect will.

Creative said: I don't agree with "We agree, sin tends to make people delusional and many do their vile deeds in the name of God"

unless you change the sentence to "delusional people and many do their vile deeds in the name of God"

Or if you flip the coin "Religion tends to make people delusional and many do their vile deeds in the name of God"

Thumbelina: How 'bout this?: Legalistic religion tends to make people delusional and many do their vile deeds in the name of God.
It will be quite disingenuous of you to not admit that there are some sincere religious people who want to help others and the planet. Some have spiritual fruit.

Creative said: A other thing that might be hard to understand is number 6 Thou shalt not kill

Since this rule doesn't apply to god. (hese a realy bad role model on this one)

Thumbelina: As a hypothetical god, how would you get rid of creatures that are stinkin' up the joint, then? Huh, huh?

Liking porn is normal human behavior. (sure you have some extremes like Nymphomaniac's) We all want to reproduce, and the fact that mastrubating or having sex feels so good is to motivate us to generate offspring. In that sense we are no different from any animal. I guess that if your a christian and your masturbating and known god is watching you is a big turnoff.

What about the fear off hell? Thats a much worse image to have in your brain then porn. And unlike porn, the fear of hell causes o ton of bad mental disorders.

Sin is normal human behavior, and there is no one that is capable of not sinning.

Its like taking your kids to a toy store and showing them all the stuff they want to have. And then teasing them with it. Letting them hold it. But as soon as you get to the cash register you say NANANANA you cant have any of it!

Hell fire, yep that's how i know god, how can god be the good guy when you judge him by his actions?

I mean seriously, if you have kids and they dont follow your rules do you beat them, torture them, make them beg you for forgives(if they want you to stop) and call yourself the best parent in the world? Theres probably a ton of biblical stuff you can come up with to justify this(or make it oke for god to do this). But that's the same thing murderers and people shooting up schools do (justifying there actions with some delusional bullshit).

(i know that's a little harsh, sorry in advanced i dont want to insult you or something, but that's my opinion)

We will probably never agree on: Legalistic religion tends to make people delusional and many do their vile deeds in the name of God.

Or any other version except the ones i wrote. Because i believe religion in general is a delusion.

Ok, guys, even the gospel of Mark mentions Jesus throwing scraps to the dogs, but it was clear that his message was for the Hebrews.  :)

"For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished." (Matthew 5:18,  ESV)

• Super Moderator

Yeah, newbies, people who don't have an inkling about the bible...   

Sorry, Thumbs. You're making a false assumption. People have found major problems with the Bible and the religions it spawns well before they come here. Many, if not most people here left the religion BECAUSE of their extensive study of the content and history of the Bible. We have former preachers, teachers and missionaries who were dedicated, sometimes for decades, to "dividing the Word." With no preconceived conclusion in mind, an unbiased study of the Bible will expose it for the nonsense it is. Study the Bible as you would the sacred texts of the "Heathen" religions and you will come to the same conclusion. The magic of the Bible is the instruction to suspend your rational process and simply believe the premise and then make the verses work to support whatever you've been told they should say.

There is no care or love in her posts... they actually make me physically ill - I am repelled, and nauseous.

It's pure unadulterated hate, narcissism and elitism covered with 'courtesy' and sickly-sweet syrup. It's like (?) talking to a mentally ill person.. the 'words' are 'right' but the subtext is all wrong.. and the misunderstanding of what people say when they reply or query... nope, BAA is dead right - she is dangerous. Cognitive distortions, gaslighting, projection and splitting all over the place, couched in religious twaddle. (IMHO) Here is someone who does not have any comprehension of empathy or real love - which fully explains her identification with her monstrous deity and her inability to see the cruelty and sadism of her (very subjective) belief system. A wolf in sheep's clothing. I feel sorry for anyone in her sphere.

I've never had that kind of and as strong a reaction to a poster before... interesting. (I HAVE had it when faced with a malignant narcissist though)

I fully support keeping her here in the Den - our newer members are far too vulnerable.

I agree totally. I find that nasty woman (and the high horse she rode in on) totally repulsive. I won't waste my time trying to talk with such an arrogant thing, but I do check in once in a while because I enjoy seeing her be put in her place.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

There is no care or love in her posts... they actually make me physically ill - I am repelled, and nauseous.

It's pure unadulterated hate, narcissism and elitism covered with 'courtesy' and sickly-sweet syrup. It's like (?) talking to a mentally ill person.. the 'words' are 'right' but the subtext is all wrong.. and the misunderstanding of what people say when they reply or query... nope, BAA is dead right - she is dangerous. Cognitive distortions, gaslighting, projection and splitting all over the place, couched in religious twaddle. (IMHO) Here is someone who does not have any comprehension of empathy or real love - which fully explains her identification with her monstrous deity and her inability to see the cruelty and sadism of her (very subjective) belief system. A wolf in sheep's clothing. I feel sorry for anyone in her sphere.

I've never had that kind of and as strong a reaction to a poster before... interesting. (I HAVE had it when faced with a malignant narcissist though)

I fully support keeping her here in the Den - our newer members are far too vulnerable.

I agree totally. I find that nasty woman (and the high horse she rode in on) totally repulsive. I won't waste my time trying to talk with such an arrogant thing, but I do check in once in a while because I enjoy seeing her be put in her place.

I completely agree!  

I didn't see this long post until awhile ago. I'm gonna have to hit ya back later, lion.

No problem. I can wait, but while I'm waiting, I'll be keeping my teeth and claws sharp. I'm still a young lion with much less experience than the other lions, but I'm learning from them.

Try asking her if she's a Seventh Day Adventist, TrueFreedom.  We've been asking for years and she's been avoiding the question... for years.  So, why the big secret about what kind of Christian she is, huh?

>>>Until you can embrace your doubts and learn to cry out to God, "why have you forsaken me?" you will never identify with Jesus Christ.

Matthew 15 : 21 - 28.

Does that qualify as love or teaching for non-Hebrews?

Thanks,

BAA.

A cursory look at SDA looks like it's another Mormon type latter-day prophet scammer deal. Does anyone have a concise look at the SDA cult on the web they can point me to? The only thing I've found so far is stuff by fundys denouncing SDA and they make me ill. Maybe we could ask Thumb her opinion on its doctrine and its founding wacko and plagiarist Ellen G White.

It's all about elitism... I was SDA for a while. The people I met were lovely and genuine, but the doctrine is akin to JW, or Mormonism.. they make it fit what they want and hold themselves as above the other denominations. (At least the Mormons are more intellectual)

I don't know of any scholarly deconstruction of the SDA's other than the articles I've read about Ellen.. she was a bit of a whackjob fanatic and made stuff up..

This NEED to be the 'elite' is pathological... but it is seen in other organizations and politics (Nazism is an extreme example, as is Zionism)

Maybe when we evolve to not need this we will begin to treat each other properly.

I have a neat little saying on my fridge, "I am unique, like everyone else".