Goodbye Jesus

Pope Benedict XVI

Guest JP1283

Guest JP1283

Hey guys,

I read off of the forums of James Randi's website from a person who googled "Benedict XVI" the day he was elected that it came back with a bunch of pages on End Times prophecy that said Saint Malachi prophecied that the next Pope would be named Benedict XVI (and that we were living in the ETs.) Has anyone heard anything about this?

Over the last 450 years, there's been 50 some-odd popes, who have all used the same 10 or 11 names. The 'prophecy' has something to do with the Benedictine order of monks, of which St Benedict was the founder. Ratzinger is not a Benedictine, but of course chose an associated name. So, draw whatever conclusions you wish.

They are pretty good sites, I think. The Benedictines were pretty confident that this pope would come from their order, and so was the prophecy apparently. He didn't.

Then, there's sites like this.

I mean, it's very easy to change a website on prophecy after a prophesied event has failed to take place.

:shrug:

I mean, it's very easy to change a website on prophecy after a prophesied event has failed to take place.

Stupid looney tribulationist preying on the fears of the easily-led. Saying Ratzinger has a "Nazi past" is emotive and misleading. Yes, he was in the Hitler Youth, because it was like a compulsory version of the Boy Scouts at the time. He was then drafted into the German army towards the end of the war, but deserted and was picked up as a PoW by the Americans. Hardly a dyed-in-the-wool Nazi. :blink:

I think the things more worthy of addressing are the prophecies, as opposed to Ratzinger's past.

Here is another one that guessed it right... sort of:

http://www.catholicplanet.com/articles/article41.htm

Prophecy sites are fun though. You can test to see if they prophecied it before the event (and added anything afterwards) with the The Wayback Machine website.

Reading the past caches of the site is funny seeing how he updates it his theories to the changing events & times. But he does at least admit when he is wrong (at least sometimes). :Doh: In the latest he says:

[in an earlier version of this article, I thought that John Paul II would die in 2003. Then I thought, 2004. I am fallible. Also, in the previous version of this article, I thought that Pope Benedict XVI would die in 2009, now I think 2009 or 2010.]

The design of that site gave me a headache. And I was only on it for about 30 seconds. The colours and alarmist capitalized text.... :ugh:

The problem with prophecies is that they are all so vague, and the ones that are fulfilled tend to be self-fulfilling.

You can say, for example, that towards the end of the world, the sky will darken, the earth will shake, and towers will crumble...but everyone pretty much knows that'll happen, anyway. Assuming that there are any intelligent beings left on earth by then to build towers, that is.

The only thing even bothersome in a minor way is "de labore solis". That just bothered me, because it has to do with things totally beyond human control, and being born and buried on a solar eclipse, especially when the words prophecized for you were "concerning the labor of the sun"... big coincidences. But hey, like one of my excellent friends said, and I quote, "THE CHRISTIAN GOD IS FALSE. BY EXTENSION, ALL CHRISTIAN PROPHECIES ARE FALSE." I love my friends, haha.

Guest Tiffany

Nostrodomus said that this pope will be assassinated and that the catholic church will fall soon after.

Not that I believe anything Nostrodomus says.

Me neither, but it would be nice, wouldn't it?

Nostrodomus said that this pope will be assassinated and that the catholic church will fall soon after.

Not that I believe anything Nostrodomus says.

me too. The end of RCC is something to look forward to.

I think the death of Mr. Ratzinger is something can all hope for. The man is less God's rotweiller; more God's terrier.

I think the death of Mr. Ratzinger is something can all hope for. The man is less God's rotweiller; more God's terrier.

An "Atheist to the core" making a comment like this? :Hmm:

Please explain.

Oh, hang on: it was supposed to read:

"The death of Mr. Ratzinger is something WE CAN ALL HOPE FOR."

As for the rotwieler/terrier comparisson, maybe I was relying too much on people's knowledge of the historical prupose of these breeds; rotweilers are indeed slavering and vicious, somethign that suits Ratzinger quite well. But terriers are tenacious; once they bite, they don't let go. Also, they are single-track; once on a scent, they will track it down until they find it to the ignorance of all else. I thought the latter's narrowness of perspective and wilful ignorance was a more appropriate metaphor for ol' ratzinger.

Guest acorn
Hey guys,

I read off of the forums of James Randi's website from a person who googled "Benedict XVI" the day he was elected that it came back with a bunch of pages on End Times prophecy that said Saint Malachi prophecied that the next Pope would be named Benedict XVI (and that we were living in the ETs.)  Has anyone heard anything about this?

Jp some may say that these are just opinions, that are written by a man and not God, but not many people know that when Jesus was here on earth he showed all the disciples the mystery of the king dom of God, this in acts is written by the actual acts of the apostles when they started there spreading of Jesus to the world.

And the other scripture, is referring to the mystery....

Acts 2:17-22

17 'And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, that I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall see visions, your old men shall dream dreams.

18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; and they shall prophesy.

19 I will show wonders in heaven above and signs in the earth beneath: blood and fire and vapor of smoke.

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.

21 And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.'

22 "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know--

(NKJ)

Mark 4:11

11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

(KJV)

Guest acorn
The design of that site gave me a headache. And I was only on it for about 30 seconds. The colours and alarmist capitalized text.... :ugh:

Mark 4:11

11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

(KJV)

Acts 2:17-21

17 'And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, that I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall see visions, your old men shall dream dreams.

18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; and they shall prophesy.

19 I will show wonders in heaven above and signs in the earth beneath: blood and fire and vapor of smoke.

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.

21 And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.'

(NKJ)

A crapload of Bible verses.

And this has relevancy to my previous comment how, exactly? :twitch: