Goodbye Jesus

Rewriting History - Can't This Be Stopped?

wannabewise

I once heard it said of history that it is the process by which complex truths become simplified falsehoods. Most textbooks serve up a fairly skewed editor's/author's take on things, though this new one is pretty egregious. Perhaps it would be better if people learned direct history, letters, books, documents of the time to see what the past actually thought, rather than what the present thinks of them.

I once heard it said of history that it is the process by which complex truths become simplified falsehoods. Most textbooks serve up a fairly skewed editor's/author's take on things, though this new one is pretty egregious. Perhaps it would be better if people learned direct history, letters, books, documents of the time to see what the past actually thought, rather than what the present thinks of them.

You raise an excellent point "The-Doctor!" I have often wished for a source-book on separation of church and state issues as well as free speech issues.

Does anybody know of such a source?

It's sad that they can't just tell the truth or that they think "conservatives" or "liberals" come off negatively skewed in history. There are bad guys on both sides, of course each respective side constantly tries to disown them in some way.

Pity the Founding Fathers. Beaten by fundies who hate their Deism and distrust of clergy and beaten by leftist PC fuck-tards, who hate their ideas of freedom.

I really hate it when anyone claims to know what the founders wanted.

It's sad that they can't just tell the truth or that they think "conservatives" or "liberals" come off negatively skewed in history. There are bad guys on both sides, of course each respective side constantly tries to disown them in some way.

There is no true Scotsman.

Can anyone here tell me the historical basis of Thanksgiving?

The dedication to openness and crowd-sourced truth in Wikipedia will save us all!!

Hey, why are you laughing?

Can anyone here tell me the historical basis of Thanksgiving?

There really isn't any. It's a bunch of stuff (mainly anachronisms) tossed together, blended, and out comes the American Thanksgiving (compare to the gospels).

You can take a look at the wikipedia page for some links that can give you the basic info. If you want to look further you can keep digging around and read the various letters and all that (like how they stole shit from the Indians graves and whatnot but how the Indians were the bad guys when they came around as a result).

mwc