Goodbye Jesus

Here's Another Doozy - Check This Out

Tyson

I posted this on another forum, a Christian one. Of course no one has answered after nearly 12 hours.

======================================================================================================

There is a segment of Christianity (some on this forum) that believe the Jews are "god's time clock" and are the focal point of end time prophesy. They believe that the creation of the state of Israel in 1948 kicked started end time prophesy into full gear and it is only a matter of time before Jesus cracks the sky to call away a select group of people in something they call the rapture.

After this calling away, this select group will be in heaven with Jesus watching the lord wreak havoc on the earth as explained in the book of Revelation, much of which will fall upon the Jews, as god whips them into obedience, ultimately allowing the anti-Christ to persecute them so severely, Hitler's campaign against them would seem like child's play. This will them ultimately force them to cry out to Jesus, the messiah they have refused to accept.

MY QUESTION IS, if this is what is supposed to go down on the Jews (an upcoming horror), why aren't Christians making it their business to DISCOURAGE Jews from going to live in Israel instead of influencing them to go/return and funding their entrenchment in Israel? Why are these Christians passively and actively allowing Jews to walk into a soon to come death trap over there?

Because a christians duty is first and foremost to Jesus, not to there fellow man.

Luke 14:26 If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple.

Because the quintessential christian believer in my culture will do anything to sweeten up their sugar pies of self congratulation. Their standard M.O. is virtually devoid of any carefully considered actions where true altruism is concerned.

They do nothing because they believe it is right, they do everything so that their invisible, intangible, unreachable top secret god will take mercy on their souls. And because they believe that this creature's son is giving them winks and shoulder pats whenever they experience a self righteous knee-jerk.

-Cully

...MY QUESTION IS, if this is what is supposed to go down on the Jews (an upcoming horror), why aren't Christians making it their business to DISCOURAGE Jews from going to live in Israel instead of influencing them to go/return and funding their entrenchment in Israel? Why are these Christians passively and actively allowing Jews to walk into a soon to come death trap over there?

Wouldn't an actual Jewish messiah (not the phony one named "Jesus") fit the description of the anti-Christ as used by many Christian end times preachers?

In any case, the more Jews that get packed into Israel, the greater the odds for a war over land to start.

That's why lunatics like John Hagee are constantly urging for military action to be taken.

Christians don't give a damn about Jews, they're just trying to jump start end time events.

Jesus isn't moving fast enough for them and they want to help things along.

Christians are ignoring the prophecy(Zech 8:23) that in the messianic era, humanity will turn to Jews, and not Christians, for knowledge of God.

Guest I Love Dog

They just share the same god, there's no love lost while Christians are convinced that the Jews killed their Christos.

It's "prophecy" so what's going to happen is going to happen like it or not. However many people will die, will die and they will die however they're supposed to die. Preaching to them won't change that.

Besides, the made-up biblical generation is supposed to be 40 years and so (I'm sure you know) the bar was moved from 1948 to 1967 (the 6 Day War) when there wasn't any magical floating up to the sky or evil havoc type shit going on.

Since nothing went down in 2007 I'm not exactly sure where the bar has been set now since 1948/1967 are the only two dates I know of that are supposed to be certain in the establishment of the whole state of Israel thing. Are they now working from some anticipated peace treaty, new war with the Arabs or something? Isn't that a bit of a cheat (obviously it is...but still). I mean if Israel gets the shit kicked out of them in 2553 does that mean they weren't *really* established in 1948/1967/20XX/21XX/etc./etc./etc.? But each time they make a treaty or fight a war it resets their clock? How shitty for them (and convenient for the end timers obviously).

mwc