Goodbye Jesus

Have I Commited Eternal Sin

hargabyte

Wow thanks for all the replys everyone. I am starting to get a better understanding of this and frankly how Christian leaders like to make the bible says what they believe. I got a response back from my pastor and he seems to think that all of this just means that you cant be forgiven while you are speaking against the holy spirit.

I find it ridicules that Pastors says the bible is a literal translation of Gods word and then decide to take scripture and bend it to their views and beliefs. I guess this is why we have so many denominations.

How do you know your Pastor's answer was not the correct one? Peter denied Christ three times and did not commit blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Job cursed God and was forgiven. God, Christ and the Holy Spirit are one.

Guest Valkyrie0010

These verses seem to clearly state that if someone accepts God into their lives and then later repents against God and claims blasphemy against the holy spirit then there is no forgiveness.... I am definitely at a point in life where I don't believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.

Maybe my response is too simplistic for where you're at in your journey, but I would say that if you no longer believe in god, Jesus and the holy spook, then you really don't need to worry about what the bible says.

What we believe is not important. What is true is what is important.

God you and semantics. You believe you have true, that doesn't make you necessarily right.

Fuck off, Clay. The last thing the OP wants or needs IMO is to be evangelized on an ex-xian site. Keep your delusion in the lion's den where it b elongs.

Larry

• Super Moderator
What is true is what is important.

What is demonstrably true is important.

These verses seem to clearly state that if someone accepts God into their lives and then later repents against God and claims blasphemy against the holy spirit then there is no forgiveness.... I am definitely at a point in life where I don't believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.

Maybe my response is too simplistic for where you're at in your journey, but I would say that if you no longer believe in god, Jesus and the holy spook, then you really don't need to worry about what the bible says.

God you and semantics. You believe you have true, that doesn't make you necessarily right.

The statement in bold is obviously correct. Even if I believed gravity did not exist I would still not be able to defy it. That is my point. The goal is not to convince oneself of some belief. The goal is to find the real truth.

What is true is what is important.

What is demonstrably true is important.

Well, no, not at all. Whether something is demonstrable is irrelevant when it comes to the objective nature of truth. Even if I can not demonstrate something as true the truth still exists. The truth of the cosmos existed and had ramifications for our lives long before we had any ability to demonstrate that truth.

• Super Moderator
Whether something is demonstrable is irrelevant when it comes to the objective nature of truth.

The problem arises when people assume they 'know' something to be true even in the absence of evidence. It happens all the time.

Guest Valkyrie0010

The statement in bold is obviously correct. Even if I believed gravity did not exist I would still not be able to defy it. That is my point. The goal is not to convince oneself of some belief. The goal is to find the real truth.

That is the idea, but sometimes, like for religion for example, you think you have the truth, and well your wrong.

...I have now come to the conclusion that if there is a God, it's not the God I have been worshiping for the last 12 years.

I consider it a positive sign that you've decided to question and discard your acquired beliefs, the theological baggage given to you by others.

You're under no obligation to wear anyone else's coat if it doesn't fit.

Once the fear tactics are exposed and punctured, it gets easier to drop the baggage.

Guest I Love Dog

Wow thanks for all the replys everyone. I am starting to get a better understanding of this and frankly how Christian leaders like to make the bible says what they believe. I got a response back from my pastor and he seems to think that all of this just means that you cant be forgiven while you are speaking against the holy spirit.

I find it ridicules that Pastors says the bible is a literal translation of Gods word and then decide to take scripture and bend it to their views and beliefs. I guess this is why we have so many denominations.

Never fear, whatever your belief in a god is, you can discount the holey babble. It was a very carefully constructed book designed to confuse and control:

http://www.deism.com/bibleorigins.htm

Have fun reading it.

In order to really commit the "unforgiveable" would require an unforgiveable act, not just becoming an athiest or being "pissed off" with God. Or denying your beliefs because you were afraid.

You would have to do something pretty well psychopathic, like genocide or persecuting someone for their brand of religious beliefs or lack thereof.

You know, like torturing someone forever because they didn't worship other people's imaginary friends for which no proof could be exhibited.

Stuff that's really twisted.

So what is your take on this? It seems that if I understand these verses correctly then I am dammed for life, unforgivable. Witch makes me wonder why I should continue to pursue Christianity at all?

If you find no convincing evidence for the christian god and can only sustain belief in an unnamed god of undefined character and unknown demands for our lives, then you have no call to even consider hell or condemnation as a possibility.

Hell is a man-made myth. So is heaven and so are the stories that serve as the basis for the christian faith.

The idea of sin and blasphemy only have validity withing the religious systems that spawned them. Outside the religious system.

Don't worry about eternal sins, blasphemies against imaginary spirits or arbitrary conditions for consigning sinners to hell. That is a game for the religious people who consent to play.

Be free! Enjoy this life you have. Do no harm, help the suffering wherever and however you can. But live your life without the life-draining parasite of religious myths attached to your brain.

You can commit no eternal sin, because that concept is imaginary.

EXACTLY! The bible is NOT true and therefore is not important. The fact that some erroneously believe it is irrelevant.

How do you know your Pastor's answer was not the correct one? Peter denied Christ three times and did not commit blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Job cursed God and was forgiven. God, Christ and the Holy Spirit are one.

Therefore Jesus ordered the smashing of babies skulls, ripping pregnant women open, genocide.

This is exactly my sentiments. Spend some time, do some real research and be honest with yourself. At the end of your journey you won't have to worry about any of that crap, will realize that this life is what we have, and start living it!