Goodbye Jesus

California Official Says Fast Food And Toys Don't Mix

Tabula Rasa

Thanks to government subsidies to peruse stupid energy and agriculture policies. Once again government fucks shit up with their interference.

I'm going to preface the following by saying I don't agree with the gov stepping in and telling us what to eat, etc... It's not their place.

Just to play devil's advocate though, it probably works. This is why McD's does it. I've seen kids crying and begging their parents to take them their to get happy meals. And parents oftentimes bend to the will of their kids.

Speaking as someone not a libertarian, on the one hand I can see your point that this isn't much drastically worse than all the other food rules we have and I doubt it would be the end of the world if McDonald's stopped carrying their toyline. There's plenty of other places you can go to get cheapo toys that were never really that great. On the other hand, a simpler solution would be to just turn off the TV and take the kids to the library. And it's not like kids can't get fat from eating at home either. I smell a sequel to Super Size Me.

I'm going to preface the following by saying I don't agree with the gov stepping in and telling us what to eat, etc... It's not their place.

Just to play devil's advocate though, it probably works. This is why McD's does it. I've seen kids crying and begging their parents to take them their to get happy meals. And parents oftentimes bend to the will of their kids.

Speaking as someone not a libertarian, on the one hand I can see your point that this isn't much drastically worse than all the other food rules we have and I doubt it would be the end of the world if McDonald's stopped carrying their toyline. There's plenty of other places you can go to get cheapo toys that were never really that great. On the other hand, a simpler solution would be to just turn off the TV and take the kids to the library. And it's not like kids can't get fat from eating at home either. I smell a sequel to Super Size Me.

I still see the quarter machines where you can get a small toy in a plastic bubble case.

I played with rocks, sticks, and My Little Ponies as a kid. The McD's toys would break so fast. And once I grew tastebuds, those chicken things were disgusting.

Besides, what few toys I had, were better. Lite Brite, FTW!

But I hope Burger King will still carry those Star Trek glasses when the next movie comes out. I never got that Spock glass!