Goodbye Jesus

Christians, Explain How -Your- God Was The Cause.

ContraBardus

It's a common argument we've all heard before.

"Something had to start the Universe, it didn't come from nothing!"

Well, let's assume that's true. It sounds reasonable enough.

Why 'God'?

Never mind a particular deity.

Why any God at all?

Why did it have to be some intelligent all powerful force that willfully created all of existence?

Why does it have to be something that decided it wanted a Universe and made one?

What evidence is there for this?

None. There's no reason to believe that there was any sort of willful intentional force that started it all.

It's just speculation, and assigning the cause to something you already believe in [for no good reason].

Theists always assign the cause as their own God, no matter what stripe of faith they subscribe too. Be it Christian, Muslim, Hindu, or whatever.

All of them are equally plausible.

They like to counter this with 'well what did then?'

I don't know, and you don't either. You're just assuming because you already believe in a deity. No one does, and it's just conjecture to assign your personal God as the cause. Just as much as anyone else who claims 'their' God did it.

The fact that I can't provide an explanation does not validate the idea that any God did it, much less a personal idea, or particular version of God.

There's no reason to think so. No evidence to support that it's the case.

So, what exactly makes you so sure that -Your- particular God did it?

What evidence do you have that it was any sort of intelligent omnipresent, omnipotent being? Why do you think so aside from your religion claims it?

As far as I can tell there's no reason to think that any sort of intelligent being willed it, or otherwise magically started the beginnings of the Universe.

Not every phenomenon is caused by an intelligent force. There are other possible explanations, and the idea that God did it is one of the most unlikely near as I can tell.

There's just no reason to think that the cause of everything was any sort of being at all.

What if it was accidental? What if it was a less than God like being? What if whatever caused it was destroyed in the Big Bang?

Why does it have to be intelligent? Why can't it be a natural force? What makes that so improbable that 'God' is the only explanation?

Perhaps energy intruding from another plane of existence or dimension? Vacuum fluctuations in the void perhaps? [That's what matter is according to Scientists.]

Why does it have to be 'all knowing' or 'all powerful'?

Perhaps it was some sort of inter-dimensional traveler of some sort? Not all knowing, or all powerful at all. Perhaps it/they died billions of years ago?

Why does it have to be some sort of immortal deity that still exists and Lords over us to this day?

Really, what exactly makes this the 'only reasonable explanation'? It doesn't seem very reasonable at all to be honest.

Why 'God' at all, much less your personal God?

It's really not a reasonable explanation at all. In fact, it doesn't explain anything.

Why does it have to be intelligent? Why can't it be a natural force? What makes that so improbable that 'God' is the only explanation?

It was a supernatural lizard, about 2 meters long and green, and he pooped out the entire universe.

Boy was he surprized when his poop exploded.

I think I could write my own creation story - or is this one already taken?

*raises hand excitedly*

Ooo! Ooo! I know this one.

GAwd alone is so awesome he is beyond time and space in his awesomeness, so he is the only thing that could have existed before time! Proof positive! And de' bible backs me up, so there!

I think i peed myself.trt19ROFLPIMP.gif

Who should I believe? Shyone's revelation, or par4dcourse's immaterial being beyond time and space?

From-Beyond.jpg

Shyone, your revelation is too subjective. Par's is objectively verified. But his God is damn ugly!

Doctor Manhattan: I'm leaving this galaxy for one a little less complicated.

Laurie: I thought you said you cared about life again...

Doctor Manhattan: I do. I think I'll create some.

Watchmen

Shyone, your revelation is too subjective. Par's is objectively verified. But his God is damn ugly!

Subjective?!? I gave precise measurements, color and method. The universe is supernatural lizard poop that exploded.

Prove me wrong!

Subjective?!? I gave precise measurements, color and method. The universe is supernatural lizard poop that exploded.

Prove me wrong!

No, those were the Great Lizard's measurements! Heretic! Heathen!

Tell us then, where does the Big Turd fall upon the Bristol scale?

350pxbristolstoolchart.png

I personally think it had corn in it. Corn is the basis of all life, though, some dissenters and heathens claim it was peanuts. The fools! :HaHa:

Prove me wrong!

I personally think it had corn in it. Corn is the basis of all life, though, some dissenters and heathens claim it was peanuts. The fools! :HaHa:

Here's a picture of lizard scat, so there can be no misunderstanding.

Lizard scat with nematode

The worm represents the birth of man in the universe. Even the Bible mentions this in Job 17:14 when it indicates that the worm is his mother.

And worms give birth to worms: Job 25:6. How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?

Prove me wrong!

Sorry, you used the term "supernatural". You are guilty of sauropomorphism. :nono:

Prove me wrong!

Oh! Now here is evidence of Shyone's Lizard-God! It's true! The supernatural has entered the natural! The Great One left His calling card! But the Lizard-God's shit really does stink. And I thought any God worth his salt would shit golden turds...