Goodbye Jesus

I'm Leaving Ex-C

florduh

• Super Moderator

As some of you may know, I have some friends who are Scientologists. I've been attending some classes with them, and a new world has opened for me.

People around here have posted a lot of hatred and misinformation about Scientology, but there is really something to it.

Most outsiders will jump on the story of Xenu and how silly it is, but I misunderstood it too. L. Ron Hubbard uses that space age tale as a framework to hold a modern mythology. It is symbolic of the great truths of the ages.

Mr. Hubbard, a science fiction writer, used what he knew best to create an understandable cosmology for modern society. Mr. Hubbard was so much more than an author. He was truly a genius and probably the leading scholar of religious and spiritual studies of this age. He distilled the great truths from many disciplines and made it accessible and practical for people of today. We do not consider him a god by any means, but he was/is the greatest teacher the world has known.

So, from this date forward I will devote the time I wasted here hating things I didn't understand to the study and practice of the only useful religion available to us - Scientology.

Fare well everyone, and keep an open mind.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Why isn't this in the humor section?

• Super Moderator

That would detract from the message.

That would detract from the message.

Sheesh Chris, I don't mean this in an antagonistic way, but have you had a stroke? Have you had some other stress in your life lately?

What day is it today.... April 1st? Hmmm....

:Doh:

Ok, ok, I haven't lived in the US for almost 6 years and forgot what day it is. Chris, you really got me.

Ok, ok, I haven't lived in the US for almost 6 years and forgot what day it is. Chris, you really got me.

Today is hard on us gullible folks. My jaw just dropped at the OP!

I'm skeptical, but I tend to believe the best about my friends; bit of a blind spot.

I knew he wouldn't fall for it so he really had me worried about his health.

I'm skeptical, but I tend to believe the best about my friends; bit of a blind spot.

I knew he wouldn't fall for it so he really had me worried about his health.

Hell, I thought maybe he was on to something. Maybe I have been thinking of Scientology all wrong...

Nah.

Good one. :lmao:

Florduh, I knew you would turn to the truth one day. You were way too skeptical and critical to not see the light. Get rid of those thetans, and you'll be happier.

Fortunately, I went to Google first thing this morning and after puzzling over them changing their name to Topeka, I realized what day it is.

When I read the opening, I thought Florduh was being serious, but then I remembered what today was.

th-scientology.jpg?w=306&h=300

th-scientology.jpg?w=306&h=300

Holy crap!!! Now I see the significance of the alien skull tattoo!

Chris, you should be ashamed of yourself!

There is a striking resemblance:

alienman.jpg

nice one

:woohoo: :woohoo: :vent::lmao: :lmao:

Chris, you really had me going there for a minute! You are really a piece of work. Or as my temp job supervisor would say "Isn't that special?"

F**K, that was scary for a moment. Jezuz, Chris.... :lmao:

• Super Moderator

Happy April Fool's Day, and thanks for playing.

:lmao:

Happy April Fool's Day, and thanks for playing.

:lmao:

.... Thank Christ for that!!! :phew:

So, from this date forward I will devote the time I wasted here hating things I didn't understand to the study and practice of the only useful religion available to us - Scientology.

Fare well everyone, and keep an open mind.

I saw the date of this post was April 1 before I read it, but then I figured it made so much sense it was probably just a coincidence. Then... to see you say it was an April fools day joke three days later... well that's just you having buyer's remorse and making a post to save face... I understand. Your secret's safe with me. Oh, wait...

• Super Moderator

Thanks for keeping my secret. May Xenu bless you.

You should have changed your avatar to John Travolta from "Battlefield Earth" or something to complete the "conversion."