Goodbye Jesus

It shouldn't have taken me this long.

Prolix

I'm fifteen years old and quitting Christianity.

I'm probably going to be embarrassed that I was once a christian for the rest of my life. Not just a christian, either. I was a fundie.

At least I was never a YEC, instead being the slightly more bearable, barely, but still completely wrong, Old Earth Creationist. I realized it was BS when I was eleven years old, noticing the contradictions in Creationist literature.

Quitting Christianity took longer, probably because I'd always thought of atheists as hippies with long hair and anger problems. Then I grew long hair and my attitudes changed a bit.

The transoformation from Christian to Atheist took months. It didn't make sense why the most Jesus ever did was turn over a table and whip some pigs when he was angry, but God would destroy entire cities for the minor sin of one person. That pushed me away from Jesus and towards Judasism. Just because Jesus was some random jew instead of divine didn't meant the entire religion had to be incorrect, did it?

Well, for whatever reason, I decided the Old Testament God was wrong too. Maybe that was because of all the stupid-ass symbolism.

I went from Fundie republican to misogynistic atheistic anarcho-capitalist. Why I hate women and the government are much more interesting stories, but that would be off-topic. Basically, now the only religions I find more annoying than Christianity is Wicca because of stupid teenage girls complaining about the 'Burning Times' like they were there, or Wiccans were burned, and Paganism because the Da Vinci code was such a load of BS but people take it seriously.

....snipped.....

I went from Fundie republican to misogynistic atheistic anarcho-capitalist. Why I hate women and the government are much more interesting stories, but that would be off-topic. Basically, now the only religions I find more annoying than Christianity is Wicca because of stupid teenage girls complaining about the 'Burning Times' like they were there, or Wiccans were burned, and Paganism because the Da Vinci code was such a load of BS but people take it seriously.

Hello, Prolix.

Um...whoa. Ever consider reading "How to Win Friends and Influence People"? Just a word of warning, there are going to be a WHOLE lot of people angry with you for saying you hate women and Wicca. Not the most friendly introduction I've seen to date. We've plenty of both on this forum, and I like them a lot, so I'm not keen on your "misogyny" and anti-Wicca platform. :nono:

I'll just chalk it up to youth, hurt, anger and ignorance. Hopefully you live long enough to grow and mature into a more healthy mindset. "Hate" is an exceedingly poisonous and destructive, non-productive emotion. Even when directed at religion. I suggest you lose it before someone gets hurt.

That's my nickel's worth of free advice. I'm SURE someone else will be along presently to share their...uh..."thoughts". One word of warning though...

DUCK! :eek:

Uh... well welcome to the forums. Lots of us have been in your shoes (besides the hating women part). ;)

Just curious, care to elaborate as to why you hate women? I'll be nice, but I can't promise that everyone on here will be.

Um...whoa. Ever consider reading "How to Win Friends and Influence People"? Just a word of warning, there are going to be a WHOLE lot of people angry with you for saying you hate women and Wicca. Not the most friendly introduction I've seen to date. We've plenty of both on this forum, and I like them a lot, so I'm not keen on your "misogyny" and anti-Wicca platform.

I've read it. Yes, hate is too strong a word. Actually, I only hate women as a joke, if you get what I mean. Wiccans I have a problem with because of all the lies about their origins.

I'll just chalk it up to youth, hurt, anger and ignorance. Hopefully you live long enough to grow and mature into a more healthy mindset. "Hate" is an exceedingly poisonous and destructive, non-productive emotion. Even when directed at religion. I suggest you lose it before someone gets hurt.

Yep.

Just curious, care to elaborate as to why you hate women? I'll be nice, but I can't promise that everyone on here will be.

Because women get angry over incredibly stupid, petty things in my experience, much much more than men, so I've decided to be ironic by being angry just because they're women.

Because women get angry over incredibly stupid, petty things in my experience, much much more than men, so I've decided to be ironic by being angry just because they're women.

Yes, we women do get angry over incredibly stupid and petty things. I guess the good news about women is that we generally don't start wars over these things.

Fortunately for you, Prolix, you will get older and you should gain some wisdom over the years. Hopefully, you will learn to hate what is truly worthy of hatred and learn to communicate in ways that facilitate understanding rather than alienate others.

Don't judge all women by your bad experience with a few or even a few hundred of us.

I wish you lots of luck with the changes in attitude you will need to make. I'm sure they will be revealed to you over time. :)

Also, take a hint here; the use of emoticons when you are being sarcastic is highly recommended for more effective communication. Welcome to Ex-C!

hello, prolix. chill down. sure, I get misgynist thoughts time to time but I were grumpy, my mum often get PMS stuff.

But I don't hold it against her.

Well, WELCOME!

I hope your 'tudite to Wiccans and women get better since you're so young. I'm 16. so you're the youngest now. There's DC and Bluewizard too.

Everyone will teach you something.

To be sure, learn from US.

Question, discuss things with us, debunk, satirise Xtians here.

I'll not hold your hate against you. You'll learn.

Hm. Well, then.

The ex-fundie in me says, welcome to the forum, and don't be terribly embarrassed about being a former Xian. Don't be terribly embarrassed about what kind of Xian you were, either; lots of ppl here have been there, done that, bought the t-shirt, lost the t-shirt... at least you woke up at a young age, too. A lot of ex-C's spent decades of their lives believing all kinds and degrees of Xianity. So yer not alone there.

The sarcastic feminist in me says, "Awwww... whatsamatta, babee?? A few prissy highschool chicks piss you off? You'll get over it. You just need to get laid." :wicked:

The mature adult woman in me is figuring the "youth and inexperience" thing is probably what's driving your misogyny right now. I don't care for it, but it sounds like you're playing the misogyny thing as a way to irritate people. I'm gonna play the age card: you're only 15, and ya still got a lot to learn, pup. If you're smart enough to grow out of Xianity, I'm hoping you'll be smart enough to grow out of misogyny eventually. Even as a joke, it's a rotten and limiting attitude to have.

(It may be worth noting here that I suspect the reason no one's ripped you a new one yet is perhaps because of your age. Although I will add to Mr. Grinch's warning of "DUCK!" and say, "PUT ON A CUP!") :wicked:

The pagan in me hopes that your attitude will change so I don't have to turn your ass into a frog. :magic:

As a woman, I couldn't care less. :Wendywhatever: Most women tend to piss me off too with their stupidity, but I don't hate them anymore than I hate, say....not getting the package I want in the mail right away. And wicca strikes me as relatively harmless, all things told; what's not to like about girlies dancing around nekkid at times?

But welcome to the forum anyway.

I try to be intellecutally honest (or whatever the word is). That's how I got some of my abnormal opinions in the first place. If you all prove them wrong then I'll change my mind. :woohoo:

I try to be intellecutally honest (or whatever the word is). That's how I got some of my abnormal opinions in the first place. If you all prove them wrong then I'll change my mind.  :woohoo:

Whoa.... You're a teenager and you just said that????

I need you in my class...... :HaHa:

Guest Challenger

(gwenmead)

The pagan in me hopes that your attitude will change so I don't have to turn your ass into a frog.

Yeah. . .look at my avatar and you can see what she did to me! :twitch:

Welcome to the forum Prolix!

I went through similar stuff from creationism to doubt to ex-christian but I don't hate wicca or women though I admit they can sometimes be quite a puzzle. :scratch: And it was only at 20... sigh so many years wasted. I got a lot of good memories from that time but the fact is it's all based on bullshit... Anyways, congrats on liberating your mind and welcome to a whole new dimension of thinking outside the christian [del]crutch[/del] god. I hope you'll learn plenty about whatever is nabbing at you and come and get a laugh with us in the humor section from time to time (Brother Jeff is a riot!).

Dark Helmet

Prolix, I see women a tad different. As a 47 year old male, I find most men, including me, to be generally unstable, psychologically, emotionally. I will get upset at my ladyfriend (the most sensible, level headed person I know) if she wants to go into work 30 minutes early, rather than enjoy morning coffee with me. What the hell is that all about? I mean, what the freaking hell!

Anyway, welcome.

I admire your early exit from the mental plague of christianity. I joined that club at 17, and spent the next 25 years "wallowing in the slough of despondency".

You are way ahead of the crowd.

I'm probably going to be embarrassed that I was once a christian for the rest of my life. Not just a christian, either. I was a fundie.

Be damn happy you figured it out early rather than later. Lots of people develop a endless well of bitterness because they took a long time to figure it out.

Thanks for posting your testimony either way eh. :)

Lucky bastard! It took me another 21 years to figure out what a crock of shit it is.

Welcome aboard!