Goodbye Jesus

Christian Movies

Neon Genesis

I still like 'The Prince of Egypt'--it's pretty funny in parts and I love the songs.

And this isn't technically a movie, but I still have a soft spot for Veggietales. Especially Larry the Cucumber!! :D

Goodbye Jesus

My mom loves "The Mission" and "Chariots of Fire" cuz she thinks they have such a powerful Xian message, yet my atheist friend think both those flics have a powerful anti-Xian message. *shrugs*

I love "The Mission" but Chariots bored me silly.

I think my favorite Christian film is "The Exorcist."

Also a fan of Bergman's "Seventh Seal".

But then I'm a little weird.

Funny, thats actually the one song I wasn't too fond of - the ones I liked were "Through Heaven's Eyes" and "The Plagues" (yeah I know, its just catchy).

I loved Through Heavens' Eyes too, especially the chanting in a foreign language. I guess I just like foreign songs. ^^;;

I am guessing you wouldn't like Kill Bill or Inglorious Basterds then.
I can handle some violent anime like Akira and Berserk, but my stomach can't handle violent live-action at all. I saw a five minute clip of Passion of the Christ and that was too much even for me.

Er...VeggieTales, maybe. I never liked Christian movies even as a Christian, but I like the humor in those silly vegetable cartoons...

I still like the movie adaptations of "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" and "Prince Caspian" if those count.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuXhGLveY7o

of course you do dude that cgi is straight up rad boss fly trippin.

seriously I would go gay for Tilda in those freaky black contacts.

My mom loves "The Mission" and "Chariots of Fire" cuz she thinks they have such a powerful Xian message, yet my atheist friend think both those flics have a powerful anti-Xian message. *shrugs*

I love "The Mission" but Chariots bored me silly.

I forgot about The Mission. Good movie, awesome music.

Jesus of Nazareth (miniseries) 1977

He never blinks!

Halestorm Entertainment makes hilarious Mormon movies! And they're funny on purpose! The Mormon friends I've had liked them too. The best is "Church Ball", then "The Singles Ward", "The 2nd Singles Ward" and "The RM". It helps having a Mormon friend who can explain some of the more subtle jokes.

http://www.halestormentertainment.com/p_movies_cat.asp?cID=6

I've read through this thread and only once was Ben Hur mentioned. That movie was awesome, spectacular, epic and timeless! Plus, it starred Charlton Heston.

of course the story is itself a myth on another level about what apologists dream of: third party corroboration for the life of Jesus.

Guest Valk0010

I've read through this thread and only once was Ben Hur mentioned. That movie was awesome, spectacular, epic and timeless! Plus, it starred Charlton Heston.

of course the story is itself a myth on another level about what apologists dream of: third party corroboration for the life of Jesus.

I loved Ben Hur myself

heh love your joke

I loved the cinematography of The Mission and Chariots of Fire. The Mission also shows some of the corruption of the church.

"Ink" was also a good independent film that can be downloaded. "Ink" is short for incubus, which you might finally get after watching the film a time or two. I really liked the blind character who senses the rhythm of life and can tweak it.

The Rapture was one that had enough surrealism in it to make it interesting. It also points out some of the weird-ass beliefs that some believers have.

This one isn't so much a Christian film, but has elements of damnation in it "Barton Fink". It plays with the sense of what is real. Very odd film with some big name stars.

It is not more violent than The Patriot or Saving Private Ryan

Are you sure you've seen it? It's like Texas Chainsaw with more blood.

Patriot was a shit movie full of sappy 4th of July, George and the cherry tree nonsense. Ryan has artistic merit but it wasn't for me.

I look as it is trying to give a "historical" look into something(don't have to agree that it is fact but it what it is), what made the movie fascinating is the lengths they went to, to make it accurate :shrug::twitch: (which that is why they used the violence

How was it accurate? I read somewhere that he would have bled to death 50 times or more had he lost as much blood as portrayed in the film. Even if it was a historical event, which in my mind is doubtful, the violence was exaggerated to a silly degree. They did this because xians get a hardon over the idea that Jesus suffered for them and they tell themselves that he suffered more than any human ever has or could. It was just a dumb film that played off the worst of xian doctrine.

I agree, Mel Gibson is a sick dude.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't watch The Passion Of The Christ because I have a weak stomach to violence.

Well then i have an stomach of steel , can you believe i got made to see that movie for almost an whole week over and over again? FROM THE VERY BEGGINING?! ... now that do is hell - curse religious schools , they torture little kids :vent:

I can say i watched the same scene of jesus torture like .... 8 or 10 times ..... now thats a lot of blood there buddy.

I'm not sure if this counts as a christian movie, but I'm still a fan of the Chronicals of Narnia series.

At least with the Chronicles of Narnia, you can view them without the Christian lens, but most overtly Christian movies are just plainly sappy.