Goodbye Jesus

Proof that God exists

Guest Thegoodbook

I dunno, but it always strikes me as...strange?...that the theists MUST jump through sundry hoops in a desperate effort to PROVE their "God" exists. It seems to me that if something IS, then it IS obvious and apparent to ALL. No explanation needed.

I've never MET any President of the US, and YET I KNOW that they exist and existed. I don't question George Washington's or Abe Lincoln's former existence. I KNOW that they were here. There is MUCH evidence. History speaks volumes. Especially their ENEMIES.

And any fanciful stories about them can be checked and disproved.

But the same can't be said for "God" or this "Jesus". When so much hemming and hawing MUST be done to fabricate something/someone's "proof" of existence, then that is a sure bet that this something/someone did NOT exist.

Today's apologist are desperately seeking "secular", outside the bible, sources for "Jesus". And why? Because even THEY know that the bible is an unreliable source material.

Again, WHY jump through so many hoops? I don't see anyone doubting the existence of Julius Caesar or Napolean Bonaparte, despite the fact that NONE of us have met them personally.

If proof for "God" and "Jesus" is this tenuous and suspicious and difficult to grasp, then MAYBE it's because they don't exist. Ya think? :wicked:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• crazy-tiger

• Skankboy

• quicksand

But the same can't be said for "God" or this "Jesus". When so much hemming and hawing MUST be done to fabricate something/someone's "proof" of existence, then that is a sure bet that this something/someone did NOT exist.

Today's apologist are desperately seeking "secular", outside the bible, sources for "Jesus". And why? Because even THEY know that the bible is an unreliable source material.

Agreed. Which is why they keep trying to validate the Shroud of Turin, even though it's been proven a fraud time and time again.