Goodbye Jesus

Hey Christians! I dare you to pray for me.

Curtdude

Paul had a prophecy about todays times. Didnt he?

2 Tim 3:1-9

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

(KJV)

Funny...

Those were the same things that were happening back then.

:scratch:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Curtdude

• Abiyoyo

• Purple Rhino

• Ouroboros

Funny...

Those were the same things that were happening back then.

:scratch:

Yup! Isn't that what was happening 2000 times in the OT. And God punished and killed all over the place over and over again for those exact things...

And lets not talk about the Rome during 100 CE and forward.

Or the Dark Ages, or ...

Like you said. Nothing new. Same ol' "sins".

I also prayed for you, curtdude, and for Hans son also.

Gee thanks. :mellow:

It figures.... :Wendywhatever:

What about my wife and my dad? :shrug:

I hope you don't work on the sabbath. Baby Jesus will cry.

Are you a bad christian? Why doesn't god provide for you better so that you can have time in his word and worship?

PR

Rhino, you must have missed some of the history on Yo-Yo here. You see, he had a (decent?) job once. But God told him to quit the job so that he would have more time to bring Truth™ into the world.

Now, he's workin' 60 hours a week.... :mellow:

What's up with that? :scratch:

Oh No I'm not gay! :eek:

No rainbow stickers

No Bordeux

Shoes never match belt

Never tuck shirt or appendages

Can change oil and distributor caps in a car

Love the man show

:Doh: I wish someone had told me earlier

PR

Perhaps you are something beyond an abomination? :shrug:

:HaHa:

Sorry Curtdude, but before the magic spell to make you straight will work, you have to “want” to change. At least that is what Christians tell me. It is obvious from you sarcastic tone that that you have not considered the enumerable benefits of changing your sexual orientation. The biggest of course is that you get be just like them. Isn’t that exciting?

Oh, and by the way. Christians don’t give a rat’s ass whether or not you become straight, have a happy life, or even feel welcomed in church, all they care about is that you are NO longer having sex with men, it gives them the willies. :eek:

Sorry Curtdude, but before the magic spell to make you straight will work, you have to “want” to change. At least that is what Christians tell me. It is obvious from you sarcastic tone that that you have not considered the enumerable benefits of changing your sexual orientation. The biggest of course is that you get be just like them. Isn’t that exciting?

Oh, and by the way. Christians don’t give a rat’s ass whether or not you become straight, have a happy life, or even feel welcomed in church, all they care about is that you are NO longer having sex with men, it gives them the willies.  :eek:

Sarcastic tone? No way. HA! Why can't their damned deity get over my attitude problem and just do the stupid miracle? It's not like I'm trying to get a table at "21" or anything for the same day. Show me the money!

I know, considering the "straight lifestyle" with its necessary mismatched, ill fitting clothes, crummy cologne, Cool-Whip desserts, obligatory boring football viewing, and unwanted pregnancies has given me PAUSE. (All of you tastefully decorated heterosexuals on exC please bear with my rant...Vigile you know you have no problem there.)

But if I can be the first on earth HONESTLY to go to an Exodus conference and "tell it like it is" (without getting hit on by every cute lil' baptist boy in the crowd), well that's the price I'm willing to pay. Christ, I'll even pull out the dusty ol' guitar and strumm "Have you seen Jesus My Lord" for old times' sake.

But so far I've gotten Yoyo (bless your heart dear, you sound sweet for being so muddled at times) and Dario (who actually sounds normal) to come up to the plate.

Well, I'm off for the evening for some good old fashioned debauchery here in SF...I hope if the "change" occurs it won't be at an inopportune moment. :wicked:

I'll even pull out the dusty ol' guitar.............
If you have a guitar, and it is dusty from lack of use, then you are guilty of an even greater abomination than homosexuality. :vent:

-Fwee

Just Another Guitar Player

Paul was a light to the Gentiles, not the Messiah that is proclaimed in the scripture. I take enlightenment from all the letters and also note that some of those letters where written for possibily a specific problem within a church recently started or warning to those people.

Hope that helps.

I have to wonder why SaulPaul was so utterly ignorant of the Gospels. The only time he tries to quote Je$u$ is in Acts 20:35 and gets it wrong. Nowhere in the Gospels does Jesus say this.

There are Christian gangs, er, I mean, ministries whose sole purpose is to make gay people into heterosexual people. I haven't looked into their methods, though. Is it cult control? Do they claim that bleating prayers "turns" them?

Lie after lie after lie....

I have to wonder why SaulPaul was so utterly ignorant of the Gospels. The only time he tries to quote Je$u$ is in Acts 20:35 and gets it wrong. Nowhere in the Gospels does Jesus say this.

Because according to the Bible itself, Paul never met Jesus in person, but he got the vision of Jesus, left the country, studied by himself, never asked for advice or guidance from the apostles, came back to Jerusalem, avoided the apostles and then started to preach and write letters.

Paul made up the foundation for Jesusology (a new word, I just invented it :) ), and the Gospels were written later to accomodate what Paul made up.

There are Christian gangs, er, I mean, ministries whose sole purpose is to make gay people into heterosexual people.  I haven't looked into their methods, though. Is it cult control? Do they claim that bleating prayers "turns" them?

It wouldn't surprise me if it's a form of brainwashing!

Lie after lie after lie....

Yup. Unfortunately the lies never lies down, they always comes back.

Because according to the Bible itself, Paul never met Jesus in person, but he got the vision of Jesus, left the country, studied by himself, never asked for advice or guidance from the apostles, came back to Jerusalem, avoided the apostles and then started to preach and write letters.

Paul made up the foundation for Jesusology (a new word, I just invented it :) ), and the Gospels were written later to accomodate what Paul made up.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's a form of brainwashing!

Yup. Unfortunately the lies never lies down, they always comes back.

Oh yes, Paul saw Jesus in a hallucination caused by sunstroke. I like the term Jesusology. Christianity should be called Paulianity, 'cept the followers might be called Paulians, which sounds more like a snack food to me.

"Have you tried Paulians? Now with more lies!"

Well, I'm off for the evening for some good old fashioned debauchery here in SF...

Great! Now you are making me homesick for San Francisco.

Is Badlands still there? It was always my favorite.

IBF

You never see drag queens and leather dudes walking the streets of Portsmouth NH. :vent: Oh I do miss you my Cool Gray City By The Bay.

Hi MikeD,

When I was a believer I went to a meeting of Menanoia Ministries in Seattle...scared the bejezus out of me (I was 18).  It was full of the nelliest queens and butchest dykes I've ever seen, all wringing their hands about how guilty they felt about their sexuality and how their "therapy" was going.  Even though I was a believer then, I knew that this was NOT the way to go.  It just seemed like they were picking at their wounds.  Major creepy.

HA!  I love the "inferiority to heterosexual males" line.  You know, this is part of the emotional manipulation the majority uses on gay folks all the time to keep 'em in line: you're not a real man/woman, you need to butch it up if your a guy, you need to tone it down if you're a dyke.  blah blah blah.  And some are willing to use violence to make their point (usually they run in packs, guarantees they'll kick some butt).

Ugh, my condolences for having to go through one of those brainwashing programs. I never even bothered looking into those for myself, although I did read a brochure of one place and their major premise of the "problem" with homosexual males seemed to be the whole thing of feeling inferior to heterosexual males or not being to form friendships or close relationships with them, etc. I almost fell over backwards in my chair when I read that and was all WTF!? Most of my friends have always been straight males (alpha males even) and i've never had any problem at all relating with them, in fact some of them i've taught a thing or two about "manly" things like guns or cars, instead of the other way around. Hell when I was in high school even though he didn't know about me, my best friend was one of the biggest meanest womanizing kids in school (by 15 he was already 6'0 and 200 lbs of solid rock), most kids knew how good of a fighter he was and were scared of him. Except for me, for whatever reason we just completely clicked as friends. And we were like brothers, he would have killed for me if I told him to, that's how close we were. Anyway it just made me realize how completely detached from reality these people really are when it comes to causes of homosexuality and what they think is needed to "cure" it. It's like they are just making excuses or something. I probably have closer and healthier relationships with my straight friends then alot of straight males have with each other, yet supposedly I am the one who has a problem with straight males and needs to change? WTF :Wendywhatever:

Perhaps you are something beyond an abomination?  :shrug:

:HaHa:

Fwee you are so insightful. As you may have noticed The PR is simply beyond! :grin:

PR

Curt, are you cured yet? Are you as straight as the Hef yet? It's thursday morning, even the tooth fairy only takes a night to get things done.

If you have a guitar, and it is dusty from lack of use, then you are guilty of an even greater abomination than homosexuality.  :vent:

-Fwee

Just Another Guitar Player

thanks Fwee! My sister says the same thing. I just couldn't get back into it after deconverting. Maybe I'd stuck so much emotional baggage into it...I dunno. What I'd really like to get is a new-fangled piano/synthesizer. But we digress...

(Sorry for not including your parents in the Prayer Wheel.) I'll try to keep our True Believers on track here.

Yoyo and Dario, please put in a good word for Fwee's folks (you may want to check earlier in the thread).

Geez, I still know how to conduct a Prayer Meeting, don't I? :grin:

Ugh, my condolences for having to go through one of those brainwashing programs.  I never even bothered looking into those for myself, although I did read a brochure of one place and their major premise of the "problem" with homosexual males seemed to be the whole thing of feeling inferior to heterosexual males or not being to form friendships or close relationships with them, etc.  I almost fell over backwards in my chair when I read that and was all WTF!?  Most of my friends have always been straight males (alpha males even) and i've never had any problem at all relating with them, in fact some of them i've taught a thing or two about "manly" things like guns or cars, instead of the other way around.  Hell when I was in high school even though he didn't know about me, my best friend was one of the biggest meanest womanizing kids in school (by 15 he was already 6'0 and 200 lbs of solid rock), most kids knew how good of a fighter he was and were scared of him.  Except for me, for whatever reason we just completely clicked as friends.  And we were like brothers, he would have killed for me if I told him to, that's how close we were.  Anyway it just made me realize how completely detached from reality these people really are when it comes to causes of homosexuality and what they think is needed to "cure" it.  It's like they are just making excuses or something.  I probably have closer and healthier relationships with my straight friends then alot of straight males have with each other, yet supposedly I am the one who has a problem with straight males and needs to change? WTF  :Wendywhatever:

Hey Mike,

Insightful post. I come from the era of "distant-father-smothering-mother" freudian theory for the homo explanation. Granted, my dad was not the greatest during my childhood, but he and I are really tight now. And my mom was/is just cool, not smothering at all. And being the youngest of 5, why didn't the rest of 'em turn out queer?

Why do we need to justify our natures at all? I hurt NO ONE by just being me.

Like you, many of my straight friends guy friends are alpha, very macho and very self assured. Actually, like many of my lesbian friends!

Great! Now you are making me homesick for San Francisco.

Is Badlands still there? It was always my favorite.

IBF

You never see drag queens and leather dudes walking the streets of Portsmouth NH.  :vent: Oh I do miss you my Cool Gray City By The Bay.

Yeah, the Badlands is still here, but they're having a race discrimination battle right now (look it up at www.sfgate.com). (I blame it on their new decor - they got rid of the old license plates and went LA - just kidding, it's really depressing to see this sort of thing amongst gay people, being racist or being accused of it. It doesn't look too good.)

Ah, SF: just have some sourdough bread, a glass of red wine and check out your old photos of the bridge..."memories are only a moment away."

Curt, are you cured yet? Are you as straight as the Hef yet? It's thursday morning, even the tooth fairy only takes a night to get things done.

Nope. But if I am "cured," being Hef wouldn't be half bad. Mansion, babes, parties, hangers-on, An Entourage. I could dig it baby.

IBF brought up that I needed a better attitude, that I needed to have faith. I assume that's why only two True Believers have responded. I guess I'm supposed to WANT to change. Yoyo alluded to his "battle" with lust, and that what I'm asking for he hasn't even won.

That was sorta my point in all of this. The promises of the bible are empty, because no one changes. Ever. You still wake up and it's you again, lookin' in the mirror. Fittin' the same pair of shoes. You can change your behaviour, but not your heart.

Trashy changed his expectations of his sex life, had to change partners, and had to abandon all of the christian marital expectations. Now he and the new wifey have an honest relationship, and can talk about their needs. He had to get rid of the christian "model" to move on.

thanks Fwee!  My sister says the same thing.  I just couldn't get back into it after deconverting.  Maybe I'd stuck so much emotional baggage into it...I dunno.  What I'd really like to get is a new-fangled piano/synthesizer.  But we digress...
Eh... I was just bustin' your chops. Who knows? If you can pull-off redirecting the emotional baggage, you could very-well end up creating some interesting music of your own. :shrug:

(Sorry for not including your parents in the Prayer Wheel.)  I'll try to keep our True Believers on track here.
That's okay. I really appreciate your attempt at keeping them "on track". (see below)

Yoyo and Dario, please put in a good word for Fwee's folks (you may want to check earlier in the thread).
Curtdude, is this your attempt to keep them "on track"? If so, you're not doing a very good job of it. I never asked for prayers for my "folks". Just my wife and my dad, that's all. jeez!

Geez, I still know how to conduct a Prayer Meeting, don't I?  :grin:
Umm.... I wouldn't exactly say that. :mellow:

:lmao:

That's okay. I really appreciate your attempt at keeping them "on track". (see below)

Curtdude, is this your attempt to keep them "on track"? If so, you're not doing a very good job of it. I never asked for prayers for my "folks". Just my wife and my dad, that's all. jeez!

Umm.... I wouldn't exactly say that. :mellow:

:lmao:

Lord, I need a to cross reference better to keep up with the prayer requests. Duh. Sorry. Wife and Dad. Got it.

Wait a minute, the ol' lingo is coming back to me fwee: "Lord, you know our hearts and all of our needs. You just take control and fill in the blanks."

God, sometimes I used to roll my eyes during those prayer meetings... :P

Hey, no change yet, btw.

Hey, no change yet, btw.

Still a Poo Shoot Poker :scratch:

I wonder if they are getting through directly or just leaving messages?

Maybe nobody's home :shrug:

PR

Maybe they're not True Christians™ so God doesn't listen to them?

Maybe they're not True Christians so God doesn't listen to them?

Now HanS how could you say that?!?

You don't think that any christian other than a True Christians would hang out at an ExChristian site now do you?

PR

Now HanS how could you say that?!?

You don't think that any christian other than a True Christians™ would hang out at an ExChristian site now do you?

PR

Hmmm... Is there any True Christians™ in Ex-C?

If not, then they're not?

If yes, then maybe we are too? :scratch: