Goodbye Jesus

Hey Christians! I dare you to pray for me.

Curtdude

Pray for me. I'm bisexual. But one thing you must remember, christians, I'm prayer proof.

Loads of christians have had prayed, freaked out, fussing, praising and rebuked me. For what? Nothing.

I weren't even affected.

Once, a christian prayed for me to change to God. What happened? I was more of a heathen than ever.

So, prayer is path to a wasted life.

Guys and gals, you'll be better off without a church.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Curtdude

• Abiyoyo

• Purple Rhino

• Ouroboros

Hey, no change yet, btw.
Same here. :shrug:

Wifey still had to fill her prescription.

Dad still cringes in pain when standing up or walking.

:shrug:

Would someone please, just this once, pray a legitimate prayer?!?! :HappyCry:

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmm... Is there any True Christians in Ex-C?

If not, then they're not?

If yes, then maybe we are too?  :scratch:

Why do you try and hurt the poor PR's brain?

Your logic seems to be closer to oblong than circular yet it still makes no sense while making all the sense in the world. :twitch:

So Curt you muff diving yet or have you resigned yourself to being a pole dancer?

PR

I find it rather, musing (yes, not amusing), that the entire first page of this thread is simply a bunch of non-Christians going back and forth about how good of a "challenge" this is.

I have a better idea. How about YOU humble YOURSELF and pray that God would cure YOU of YOUR immorality, and maybe I'll say something for you too.

Good, day.

thanks Fwee!  My sister says the same thing.  I just couldn't get back into it after deconverting.  Maybe I'd stuck so much emotional baggage into it...I dunno.  What I'd really like to get is a new-fangled piano/synthesizer.  But we digress...

Digression is a key element on this board. :HaHa:

Speaking of keys *ba-da-bum-pssshhhhh* the only time I've been on the keys since we stopped attending church was with a Stevie Ray Vaughn cover band, but it wasn't my keyboard. Lately I've been picturing a baby grand in the new house. More practical to get someothing electronic. Even better, some basic mini-keyboard that can plug in to the PC. I gots mad tunez and beatz in my head that the world is waiting for with great anticipation.

Why do you try and hurt the poor PR's brain?

Your logic seems to be closer to oblong than circular yet it still makes no sense while making all the sense in the world. :twitch:

So Curt you muff diving yet or have you resigned yourself to being a pole dancer?

PR

So PR - what's your favorite shape? Oblong or circular?

hee-heeee...*I slay me*

Speaking of, I was looking for an illustrative image and I ran across this on Google from an archaeology database:

Labeled "9A broken off misc. object, head at end, oblong"

9a%20broken%20off%20misc.%20object,%20head%20at%20end,%20oblong.jpg

I find it rather, musing (yes, not amusing), that the entire first page of this thread is simply a bunch of non-Christians going back and forth about how good of a "challenge" this is.

I have a better idea.  How about YOU humble YOURSELF and pray that God would cure YOU of YOUR immorality, and maybe I'll say something for you too.

Good, day.

Wow. I'll bet he gets nominated for Prayer Committee chairman a lot....... :shrug:

I have a better idea.  How about YOU humble YOURSELF and pray that God would cure YOU of YOUR immorality, and maybe I'll say something for you too.

Good, day.

Uh, you go first you judgmental prick.

I know, I know! Isn't great? Except for the part where we actually allow for a rebuttal, it is very similar to the start of threads in xtian forums. :scratch:

IBF

Now this is a cop-out exactly like what I was expecting from you Christians, thank you! And all you've really done is prove the point. Basically God can't do anything (because he doesn't exist), so instead humans have to do everything themselves and pretend their invisible friends did it for them. In your example, "Humble yourself" in Christianspeak is really just another way of saying, "stop sinning and you will"! Christianity is just one circular argument after another.

Anyway this just proves once again that your beliefs have no basis at all in objective reality. God can't cure anyone of a bad hair day, why would anyone in their right mind actually believe he could "cure" anyone of anything else? LOL. :lmao:

Good, day.

I find it AMUSING (sickening) that Christians keep sparring with EX-Christians and blaspehemers of his holy spirit, even though their god/bible tells them NOT to waste their time doing this. (See Hebrews 6)

I have a better idea. How about YOU, daniel, humble YOURSELF and obey your bible so you can STOP judging "sinners" (when YOU are no better) and return to your "prayer closet" to make war on your knees. MAYBE you'll finally find your god waiting for you there. Cause you sure as hell won't find him HERE.

Good day.

Now this is a cop-out exactly like what I was expecting from you Christians, thank you! And all you've really done is prove the point. Basically God can't do anything (because he doesn't exist), so instead humans have to do everything themselves and pretend their invisible friends did it for them.

Really... so you think that if a Christian prays that God would turn all of the wicked from their wicked ways, they will simply be cured of their ways instantly? Well, if it was my will alone that was able to turn wicked people from their sin... not only would Jesus Christ have already returned and restored perfection to the earth... but I would be so perfect, I would glow, and we wouldn't be 'wasting' our time posting here now would we... Just because you choose to remain ignorant of God, doesn't mean anything, accept just that.

Really... so you think that if a Christian prays that God would turn all of the wicked from their wicked ways, they will simply be cured of their ways instantly?  Well, if it was my will alone that was able to turn wicked people from their sin... not only would Jesus Christ have already returned and restored perfection to the earth... but I would be so perfect, I would glow, and we wouldn't be 'wasting' our time posting here now would we...  Just because you choose to remain ignorant of God, doesn't mean anything, accept just that.

alltheanswersuncens.jpg

Deflate your head, God boy. You need to get off that high horse of yours but quick.

Really... so you think that if a Christian prays that God would turn all of the wicked from their wicked ways, they will simply be cured of their ways instantly?  Well, if it was my will alone that was able to turn wicked people from their sin... not only would Jesus Christ have already returned and restored perfection to the earth... but I would be so perfect, I would glow, and we wouldn't be 'wasting' our time posting here now would we...  Just because you choose to remain ignorant of God, doesn't mean anything, accept just that.

Just because you choose to remain ignorant of logic and reason doesn't mean anything, accept that :grin:

Paybacks a bitch ain't it.

Any way, let me leave you with a quote from Thomas Paine that seems to fit our attempts to reason with daniel.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture. 

Enjoy, sir, your insensibility of feeling and reflecting.  It is the prerogative of animals.  And no man will envy you those honors, in which a savage only can be your rival and bear your master.

Translation: it is useless to argue with someone who rejects reason. They are no better than animals or savages.

Well, if it was my will alone that was able to turn wicked people from their sin... not only would Jesus Christ have already returned and restored perfection to the earth... but I would be so perfect, I would glow, and we wouldn't be 'wasting' our time posting here now would we...  Just because you choose to remain ignorant of God, doesn't mean anything, accept just that.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

1) Satan is calling your shots right now, bible-boy. He's making you waste your time trying to convert heretics by posting on this board. We're a lost cause. :Duivel:

2) No one in this forum is very 'ignorant of god' - we know him all too well, unfortunately. We're all ex-christians (hence the name of this site), and wasted many years of our lives neck-deep in the scriptures. We're here to call bullshit on it. Understand?

3) I think you meant to say in that last line, 'Just because you choose to remain ignorant of God doesn't mean anything. Just accept that'. Rethink your sentence structure a little, and remember to use punctuation. Sorry, but that kind of stuff just irks me.

I have a better idea. How about YOU humble YOURSELF and pray that God would cure YOU of YOUR immorality, and maybe I'll say something for you too.

You mean our simply being human? Oh wait, I forgot. Eating a chocolate candy bar will get me sent to hell (according to my mother). Not being perfect enough will get me sent to hell. Not getting all A's in school will get me sent to hell. Not being pretty enough for her will get me sent straight to hell. Liking science fiction and fantasy will get me sent to hell. Reading books and being intelligent will get me sent straight to hell. Being average size instead of anorexic looking will get me sent straight to hell. Not going to church every single Sunday will get me sent straight to hell. Enjoying my life will get me sent straight to hell. Being female will get me sent straight to hell. Not starving myself to death will get me sent straight to hell. Even though I would never hurt a fly and the worst crime I've committed is speeding, I stil deserve to "burn for eternity." Yeah. Right.

All of that is according to my biological mother, who btw, died when I was in HS even though she was as fundy a Lutheran as Lutherans can get, and the church, who prayed for her but evidently didn't "believe strongly enough".

Yep, I'm so horribly immoral and wicked that I deserve eternal punishment, just for being human and not good enough for you stupid fundy bigots. You are just like my mother and the people I used to go to church with. You are so filled with hatred for people who aren't like you, that you cannot figure out that we are good people. You are all a bunch of stuck-up, self-righteous bigots.

:ugh:

Well wasn't it Jesus who said you could move mountains with faith? I guess if you can move a mountain with Jesus' help then certainly you and he could handle a small task such as making Curtdude straight. Apparently you are a lukewarm Christian of very weak faith? Anyway your lack of faith isn't really what's at issue here, what's at issue is that you could have all the faith in the world and it still wouldn't matter....nothing would happen. In fact just to prove it I will give you $1000 cash plus airfare and meal expenses if you move a mountain at the end of my street via faith. Feel up to the task? Didn't think so.

As far as ignorance goes, it is logically impossible to be ignorant of the non-existant, and that's a fact, jack! :lmao:

Well wasn't it Jesus who said you could move mountains with faith?  I guess if you can move a mountain with Jesus' help then certainly you and he could handle a small task such as making Curtdude straight.  Apparently you are a lukewarm Christian of very weak faith?  Anyway your lack of faith isn't really what's at issue here, what's at issue is that you could have all the faith in the world and it still wouldn't matter....nothing would happen.  In fact just to prove it I will give you $1000 cash plus airfare and meal expenses if you move a mountain at the end of my street via faith.  Feel up to the task?  Didn't think so.

As far as ignorance goes, it is logically impossible to be ignorant of the non-existant, and that's a fact, jack!  :lmao:

The mustard seed of faith and moving mountains can be explain very simply: no Christian has faith, not even the size of a mustard seed, actually no faith at all, they're just in the dellusion that they have faith, but in reality they don't.

Just because you choose to remain ignorant of God, doesn't mean anything, accept just that.

I love these statements. The Christian, esp. this fundie, subsumes all knowledge about God. He he. Yep.

Good, day.

Did that for twenty years. I was too young to be much of a sinner, either, but I did it. Devotedly. Faithfully. Unfortunately, I am apparently not one of the "elect", so Biblegod was not obligated to offer so much as a moment's comfort. It's a good part of why I stopped talking to him.

You, however, as is evident in the bloatedness of your ego and the way you waggle your finger at all of us like a Stern Authority Figure ( :HaHa: ), are clearly one of God's Own Elect. So, obviously, your prayers will work whereas mine fell on deaf ears.

So...already did my part. Your turn. And hey, I'll make you a deal. If you pray and Biblegod turns out to be real and finally answers me after twenty years of fruitless begging...I'll happily convert back.

However, please note that I am not holding my breath.

Hey, while you're at it, pray me up a decent life. I'm tired of living in poverty, no matter what I do, and since God never listened to me even when I was a Christian, I figure it couldn't hurt to have one of his pets send in a petition.

Not sayin' I wanna be uber-rich (though that would be good, too), just comfortable.

Hey, he wouldn't listen to me when I was a humble, grovelling, self-depreciating Bible-child, but maybe he'll listen to you...

You obviously didn't GIVE enough at the church so god punished you......

You obviously didn't GIVE enough at the church so god punished you......

I gave plenty, and God still punished me.

I loved him more than my family, in exchange for that he would take care of them, which he didn't.

It was said as if I was a Christian...that's what I had been told to me before when I was one. "If only you would give more at the collection plate and trust God to return to you ten-fold....."

Guest aexapo
It was said as if I was a Christian...that's what I had been told to me before when I was one.  "If only you would give more at the collection plate and trust God to return to you ten-fold....."

OMG . . . you've brought back memories of a horrendous song they used to sing at my plenty-caustic church!

"You gotta keep on casting your bread upon the water

Soon it's gonna come back home on every wave

You gotta keep on casting your bread upon the water

Soon it's gonna come back home on every wave

Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over

Soon it's gonna come back home on every wave."

Wooooooooooo

shakadahooohaaa!