Goodbye Jesus

Top 100+ Things I Enjoy Now That I'm An Ex-Christian

Abmin9

I alone don't have the 100+. That's where you come in! What's your guiltless pleasure?? I'll start...

1. Alcoholic Drinks

2. Hooters (just the eye candy, the wings suck)

3. Thinking, "Damn, that chick is hot!!"

4. Giving a homeless person money and not thinking about some "heavenly reward"

5. Cussing again (It's feels fuckin' great!)

(keep 'em comin' folks!)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Abmin9

• Vomit Comet

• Citsonga

• lunaticheathen

6. Sleeping in on a Sunday

7. Figuring out my own life philosophy rather than being forced to accept one that's ready-made.

8. Greater freedom of thought in all areas.

9. A dash of optimism and hope for this life and the future.

10. Not worrying that my attitude is the proper Christian attitude.

11. Not worrying that the lusts of my heart are going to cause me to "fornicate" in my heart with random women I see on the street.

10. My 100s of non-Xian friends AREN'T going to burn in Hey-ull for Eternity.

12. Not feeling the nagging need to share the "good news" with every nonbeliever I meet.

13. Not having to read and make sense out of an ancient book. Uh, books.

14. Not having to handle those damn snakes! (just kidding!)

16. Being able to skip number 15 and not feel bad about it!

16. The full freedome to listen to anykind of music at all with out the fear of it turning me or others evil.

17. The ablitly to laugh at jokes that make fun of religon with out feeling guilty.

18. The ablilty to love and enbrace real science.

19. To go thouth life with OUT the fear that the world is going to come to an end at hands of a Judgemental God

20. To know that I am not evil for having sex with my girlfreind and not being married.

22. To know that there are no Chosen people or Saved people and never was. We are all equal.

23. To love and want to be at peace with other becasue I actully want to and not because I think God will send me to hell if I dont.

24. That I can be freinds with who ever I want and love who ever want no matter what they belive.

Don't worry about the numbers. Apparently, a few of us are all thinking at the same time. That's right, THINKING, which is not a bad thing! So, add numbers or don't. That's why I called it 100+ things. I knew there'd be more than 100 but that's the "magical" number so I wrote it.

Let's get really crazy...

79. Not thinking that it's ok by Jesus' standards to eat pork or shrimp because if, god forbid, we were on the OTHER side of this testament, we wouldn't be able to enjoy bacon wrapped shrimp!

You all are so awesome!!!

25. The eyes in the painting quit following me across the room ...

26. To do what ever I want in the arts (Drawling, writing, Music ect) Without censoring it out of fear what God would think.

27. Seeing any movie I want.

83. Not mourning that my dogs, cats, bettas, ringdoves and cockatiels would be denied a place in Pair-uh-Dice cuz they don't have souls (especially since most of my pets have much more loving souls than Xians).

84. Not having to "rejoice in suffering" cuz it proved how God loved me and I was being tested. Suffering sux, y'all, and is to be avoided, relieved, or shortened; whether the suffering be mine, my fellow human, or a "soulless" animal.

66. Posting while buzzed!!:68:

My irreverent sense of humor

I really enjoy my satanic music

I no longer live in fear of pissing god off

I don't have to listen to Christianese anymore

Pastor Gas

368. Truly respecting other people's thoughts.

Masturbating to the thought of whoever or whatever I want, and not having to repent afterwards.

Knowing that if I were single, I could maybe go out and get laid and have fun.

Smoking weed.

Not having to go to church. Fucking boring!

Not having to be all hung up about God's plan for my life or my calling or whatever the fuck.

Not having to despair because nobody's getting saved, my church isn't growing, and... maybe God doesn't give a shit?

• Super Moderator

28. Having extra money -- no church tithes. It's like getting a raise! And when I do give to a charity, I know it's a worthwhile one.

First and foremost for me - being myself, FINALLY! My whole, thinking, loving, booty-shaking, heathen god honoring self!

I love not feeling like I have to be something else just to please some abusive sky-bully.

I love getting tattoos!

Living in sin with my wonderful boyfriend!

Not feeling guilty for every lustful/angry/"blasphemous" thought that crosses my mind.

Guest Valk0010

Numberwhatever: Not having to worry about, new info, being things of the devil and not biblical.

Numberwhatever2: Not having to feel guilty when I did nothing to nobody, and having to explain to myself how one could fornicate in the heart(yet not actually sleep with someone), and the like.

Having sex with my lapsed-Muslim boyfriend and LOVING it.

Being myself, humour-wise - I have quite a dark, irreverent sense of humour that I ruthlessly suppressed during my Xtian years.

Embracing my femininity without needing to feel that I was of inherently lesser value than men - that bullshit about "submission" is one particular aspect of doctrine I won't miss.

The knowledge that really, I am accountable only to myself (within the limits of the law, obviously).

Not having to defend stances or opinions that I really never held in my heart of hearts anyway. Knowing that if I get into a debate about the meaning of life, god's existence, morality, etc. that I have nothing to defend - I can just soak in the information and make what I will of it, I am under no pressure to conform to a preset standard.

Being able to accept people as they are - gay, straight, religious, nonreligious, conservative, liberal, etc without feeling obliged to judge them by "God's standards"

Partying!!

29 -- Being able to actually enjoy Led Zeppelin for the first time ever.

30 -- Not having to thank an imaginary friend for convenient car parks.

Not having to listen to the rantings and ravings, yelling and screaming of a misogynistic, homophobic, people hating thug of a pastor.

Not having to submit and "obey them that have the rule over you for they watch for your souls" crap

Not having to live any longer with my abusive alcoholic husband because he needed to "be saved" and I was his only chance.

Not having to fret and worry about "the lost".

Being liberated totally in my mind and all of my being.

Being free to educate myself in all things.

Being free to indulge myself in the arts and literature.

Being able to accept everyone for who and what they are.

Being able to see all the different 'shades' in this world, and not in terms of black and white, the saved and the lost, us and them.

Being able to get back my self esteem, it had been brought to zero and minus.

JUST BEING FREE

Not feeling guilty for every lustful/angry/"blasphemous" thought that crosses my mind.

Oh yeah, that too. Being able to periodically indulge in wrath, hatred, anger, rage, spite, etc., without having to stifle it or repent of it.